PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so whats the deal...

Superriffic S*
10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
I was out getting lunch and I overheard some of the wait staff at this restaurant talking about how they couldn't sell wine tomorrow at lunch time because it's election day? Is that true and if so... why? How is a glass of wine at lunch going to effect how you vote? I would think that not being able to purchase a glass of wine at lunch on election day would effect how you vote, not drinking one. Like some how because you can't get it in a restaurant is going to deter all those that want to be drunk at the polls?!? And, like it takes one glass of wine to make you drunk. I think that is the silliest thing I have ever heard of... and I don't drink!

nitmik
10-31-2005, 01:14 PM
I knew liquor stores were closed on election day but I did not know you could not even get a drink. Are bars closed also?

BrainDamage
10-31-2005, 01:25 PM
I think the bars are also closed.

nitmik
10-31-2005, 01:51 PM
I think the bars are also closed.

Looks like I'll have to go and stock up tonight. I wonder if other states do this? I've lived in New Hampshire and Virginia, but I don't remember if this is a common thing.

Superriffic S*
10-31-2005, 01:53 PM
You know, I can understand bars being closed, but not being able to have a glass of wine with lunch??? Thats a little extreme. You are having it with food, which seriously cuts down on the "lush" factor. So, can you buy it at the grocery store or at 7-11 or is that off limits too? I don't know why I am sooo bugged by this, but I am.

DickHead
10-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Believe it or not, that's a common law. It used to be that politicans would buy vagrants and low lifes drinks in exchange for votes.
Instead, now, the Democraps buy vagrants cigarettes in exchange for votes.
http://html.themilwaukeechannel.com/sh/election2000/stories/election2000-20001105-222208.html

nitmik
10-31-2005, 01:55 PM
It used to be that politicans would buy vagrants and low lifes drinks in exchange for votes.

They did'nt pay me very much :ne_nau:

Superriffic S*
10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
"Anything that gets something of value, be it a $20 bill on the street out here, or a pack of cigarettes, we think is wrong," Walker said. "The trading off of anything, something of worth, in exchange for someone's vote -- not only is it ethically questionable, we believe it's a violation of the law."

People are sick! I can't believe that people would do that... here Mr. homeless man... have a twenty, oh, and can you go submit an absentee ballot for this dickhead that I am trying to get into office?

I still don't get why you can't have any even if you are eating food. It's a mystery.

accadacca
10-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Perhaps I should start boozing on election days.....perhaps I would vote. :doorpeak:

rockgremlin
10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Ya, come on over to my place. I've got some leftover vodka from Superriffic's party. :haha:

Superriffic S*
10-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Could I come over and have a nip before I go vote? Maybe I could get trashed tonight then when voting time comes tomorrow I won't be able to see the ballot properly. So, then it won't matter who I vote for. Who votes in a non-presidential election year anyway?

nitmik
10-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Could I come over and have a nip before I go vote? Maybe I could get trashed tonight then when voting time comes tomorrow I won't be able to see the ballot properly. So, then it won't matter who I vote for. Who votes in a non-presidential election year anyway?

Not many people, I forgot that it was tomorrow

DickHead
10-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Perhaps I should start boozing on election days.....perhaps I would vote. :doorpeak:

Makes it easier to swallow the shitty choice of candidates.

nitmik
11-01-2005, 07:51 AM
I get to vote for the new Draper Mayor, I heard the woman who is running, summer something, is running out of spites. I heard she wants to win so she can fire most of the people who work for the city that wronged her in the past. Man I can really respect that.

Windwalker
11-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Who votes in a non-presidential election year anyway?

Odd Ball Out. I do! I vote, mainly because I like to Bitch & Complain. If I vote I feel like I have that right.

rockgremlin
11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Odd Ball Out. I do! I vote, mainly because I like to Bitch & Complain. If I vote I feel like I have that right.

Can't argue with that!