PDA

View Full Version : Discount Ski Thread

accadacca
10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I figured that we should start a thread where we could post ski discounts. Every year there are several deals you can get from buying gas or coke or whatever. Then certain days are discounted at a few resorts. So if you hear of anything post the info here. :2thumbs:

rock_ski_cowboy
11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
The Canyons: Cherry Picker Pass: 5 passes for 39 a piece. Good deal ... for the canyons. (its like 65 a day). www.thecanyons.com

Brighton: 2 for 1 night skiing on Fridays with X-96 freeloader card last year, hopefully this year too!

You can typically buy Snowbird passes and some other resorts for about 8 or 10 bucks less at Smith's Tix. Its been a few years, so I don't know if they still do this.

shaggy125
11-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Yea 2 for 1 nights on Fridays with an x-96 freeloader card as Ben said, also Wednesdays are 2 for 1 if you buy a combo meal at Arctic Circle and ask for a coupon. Albertsons has had a deal the last couple years if you buy any Pepsi product (I think it's any product, might have to be at least a certain price?) a 2 for 1 for Monday nights will print out on the back of your receipt. You can ask their customer service for the details, I've not done it myself since I usually buy a pass, but my friend has done it a few times so I know it's legit (or it was last year).

A lot of ski shops sell discount tickets. Smiths has always done it, REI, the lift house, Garts, and I'm sure a bunch more. I've heard rumor that Harmons has the cheapest night passes for Brighton, but I don't know if it's true. Never pay for your ticket at the ticket booth, you can always at least save a couple bucks by buying them somewhere in the valley.

Of course don't forget the Phillips 66/Conoco deal, you only have a week or so left. If you fill up at least 8 gallons, go inside and get a card with a stamp on it. You get another stamp for each fill up, and after 4 fill ups you get a 2 for 1 to Snowbird good until just before Christmas. It ends on November 30th though so if you haven't started get all your friends to fill up and add to your card.

accadacca
12-21-2005, 08:30 AM
I just heard that you can get half price to the Canyons at Costco?

Sombeech
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Wolf Mountain, formerly Nordic Valley has $8 night skiing on Monday nights, 4 to 9 pm

http://wolfmountaineden.com/

This is for the Ogden gang. It's no Snowbasin or Powder Mountain, but you can't go wrong for $8. And, if you're a family of 4, it's only $20.

They've got 2 lifts, with plans for expansion. It's a lot easier to get to than most resorts, too.

fourtycal
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM
12-19-06 I called Brighton about discount nights.
4-9pm regular price $30.00
Friday nights 2 for 1 with an X96 freeloader card
Wednsday nights 2 for 1 with Artic Circle combo meal (ask artic circle for the pass at the time of meal purchase)
any night $10.00 off with two Pearsons nut roll wrappers
any night $20.00 passes available at Sports Authority
any night $21.00 passes available at Harmons grocery ($41 day passes)

accadacca
12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Anybody know of any "deals" this year? :popcorn:

asdf
01-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Out N Back | 1797 s state st | orem | UT | 84106

The Canyons Resort-
Window Price ONB Discount Price
Adult $79 $52
Junior (7-12) $46 $37
Senior (65+) $46 $37

Sundance Resort-
Window Prices ONB Discount Price
Weekday $35 $33
Weekend $45 $44
Child (6-12) $20 $18

crankshank
11-08-2008, 02:01 PM
You can buy night passes for Brighton at Albertsons Custy Service Desk for $23.

If you know someone that has a Canyons season pass you can get a buddy pass for $59 if you go with them.

I have a friend that works at the U of U. She gets Canyons passes for me for $57. I assume most U employees get the same deal.

Sombeech
12-19-2008, 05:08 PM
bump..

Snowbasin, Powder Mtn, or Wolf Creek?

accadacca
12-21-2008, 09:49 AM
I just got two 2 for 1 passes to Brighton night skiing after I bought a couple combo meals. They are good for Wednesday nights only.

We need to get the bogley group night skiing going again. :nod:

blueeyes
01-19-2009, 06:57 AM
I can get $40 lift tickects to Powder Mountian they are only good for Thursdays. If you want to go sometime on a Thursday let me know.

shaggy125
01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I just used this one today. Good till Feb. 12th. Sweet deal, $109 for two lift tickets and two lunches with two beers or sodas. The meal alone would be about $15 each.

http://www.thecanyons.com/pairpass/

Alex
01-20-2009, 07:53 AM
This is for the newbies, but Brighton has a deal for $32 for Explorer and Majestic lifts, which are great for folks who are learning and for the freestyle run. This is for all day pass.

asdf
01-20-2009, 08:01 AM
I just used this one today. Good till Feb. 12th. Sweet deal, $109 for two lift tickets and two lunches with two beers or sodas. The meal alone would be about $15 each.
http://www.thecanyons.com/pairpass/

I went up last weekend with this deal. Pretty sweet considering day passes are 80bucks a pop. Bad news is your only choice for beer is bud or bud light :frustrated:

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING TO TRADE SKI PASSES PM ME.

Ride On
01-20-2009, 09:13 AM
monday nights 2 for 1 at brighton with any purchase at 7-11 :rockon:

shaggy125
01-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Another I remembered, apparently if you go to Maverik you can get a deal for a half price twilight pass at Brighton on Thursdays (twilight is from I think 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm). This just started last Thursday and is supposed to go through the end of the season.

accadacca
11-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Where are the 2010 deals? :afro:

rover
12-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Deals for night skiing at Brighton

•Thursdays- Bring up Maverick card any thursday and receive half off on Twilight tickets. (12:30-9:00), $31?

•Tuesdays - fighttheugly.com and print a Night Coupon

•Wed. - get a coupon for 2 for 1 if you purchase a combo meal at Arctic Circle

•Fridays - show a x96 radio station Workers Union card for that night, get half off.

Also, for the next two weeks they have quad Wednesdays, $20 lift tickets if you bring along whatever it is they are looking for. I think this week is a bag of canned food for the food bank.

accadacca
12-15-2010, 07:55 PM

•Thursdays- Bring up Maverick card any thursday and receive half off on Twilight tickets. (12:30-9:00), $31?

•Fridays - show a x96 radio station Workers Union card for that night, get half off.

Also, for the next two weeks they have quad Wednesdays, $20 lift tickets if you bring along whatever it is they are looking for. I think this week is a bag of canned food for the food bank.

Cheers :2thumbs:

fourtycal
12-16-2010, 07:47 AM

Awesome information. I have taken advantage of the Wednesday 2 for 1 the past two weeks and it has been fantastic! small or no lines, great snow and a ton of runs for the $spent. :2thumbs:

accadacca
12-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Awesome information. I have taken advantage of the Wednesday 2 for 1 the past two weeks and it has been fantastic! small or no lines, great snow and a ton of runs for the $spent. :2thumbs:
So does this deal work the same for night skiing?

fourtycal
12-16-2010, 12:34 PM
So does this deal work the same for night skiing?

Yes, all of the deals listed are for nights at Brighton 4pm to 9pm. I have been getting there around 6pm (after work) and getting a dozen or more runs in. A night pass is $34 this year so splitting that with DJ at $17 each I think it's a bargain!

blueeyes
12-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Kids and I are going to try and hit Brighton for some night skiing on the 22nd and 29th. Thanks for posting the discounts. Anyone know of deals on ski rentals? Sarah might fit some of Spencer's older ski stuff not sure yet, but Spencer on the other hand has out grown all of our accumulative ski gear!

Sombeech
02-17-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm looking for some discounts to Powder Mountain tomorrow, Friday the 18th. Might even just do half a day.

There are plenty of places like Canyon Sports that do discounts on the full day, any clue about half day AM discounts? Looking at $49 from 9:00 to 1:00, it's a little steep.

EDIT, I just called them and with a UT drivers lisence it's $36 for half day, and $49 for full day.

Reverso
02-24-2011, 07:40 AM
This is already probably out there but you can always save a few bucks buying lift tickets at Canyon Sports and the Lift House right at the bottom of Big and Little Cottonwood by the 7-11...Brighton gives the best discount at about 56$ but you can save 5-6 bucks off every resort...

Sombeech
11-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Any new discount sources for this season?

Dr. Nebz
11-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Any new discount sources for this season?

Kind of weird, minus some early season pass discounts, I have seen nothing in the order for day tickets. I know you can hit most shops and they will give you a day ticket $5-$6 dollars cheaper than buying it at the resort. But that is really it. Kind of strange. You would think with the economy the way that it is, maybe they would be handing out the deals to get people up there. I think you are going to see the season pass holders maybe remain the same, might go down a bit, but I bet tourism this season is not like last year, people are broke. Maybe the Bird will be dead this season. Wide open slopes for me? One can only wish.........

canyoncaver
11-07-2011, 12:47 PM
There is one deal where you get a card from a 66 gas station. Fill up four times and get your card stamped before Dec. and get 2 for 1 tickets to Snowbird. You have to use the 2 for 1 before Christmas.

Garbanzo
11-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Canyon Sports has yet to announce their discounts, but it is always worth the stop. They usually offer discounts to several resorts. I'm sure most are familiar with this, but just in case.:snowcloud::skiing:

Sombeech
12-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Let's bump this thread again this season. Where are the discount lift tickets at?

Nordic Valley, you can get notified of specials before they go public - https://nordicvalley.com/specials/

Where are you guys going for deals?

gholt
12-17-2018, 09:03 AM
I usually get a season pass to snow basin. It may be good to get out. So I'm interested.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

uintafly
12-17-2018, 09:28 AM
https://www.liftopia.com/region/utah?gclid=Cj0KCQiAr93gBRDSARIsADvHiOpllz_3JT6Avoq 5dV0THLyDGUGSF13Tt0wcd4h9lq7jqlF1_FQGsoQaApIKEALw_ wcB

Day pass prices are brutal.