PDA

View Full Version : what's with the greyhair?!

greyhair biker
10-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Wade Liedtke -41 - mtb addict - left Utah in 87' & will come back someday when the $$ gets better. I'm an underground trona miner in southwest wyoming - greenriver area. My wife Carolyn is from the Asay clan on utah. I ride with Fourtycal as much as I can - my bro-in-law, and love to 4X4 as well as moto down in Moab - with fourtycal - Used to hunt some but found it much cheaper to buy the meat than to hunt . I have three sons,20,16,13 two Eagle scouts & one getting it this next year..I guess that's enough for now. :2thumbs: Oh yea, the greyhair...some of my former scouts call me 'greyhair' & it stuck..so now my bikeshop is called 'greyhair bike repair'

fourtycal
10-20-2005, 07:05 AM
Thanks for joining in bro! keep the pics coming they bring good memories.
you forgot the part about being a geocaching guru! logging some outrageous number in your first year! :haha:
As for hunting, it should be considered donating to the rural utah economy and tax deductable :mrgreen:
Thats all!

BrainDamage
10-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Greyhair biker, What Trona mine are you in? The only reason I ask is I use to work for a company in Helper/Price, UT that fixed Mining electronics and Underground wireless communications

Wasatch Rebel
10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
My wife Carolyn is from the Asay clan on utah.

I know some Asays.

greyhair biker
10-20-2005, 09:28 PM
yeah, I forgot about being addicted to geocaching 'cause I'm in the middle of shift work so am zoning a bit...gotta love those 12hr shifts...Fourtycal got me hooked on caching too & we've found about 180 or so and hidden 16 in southwest wyo. I have even found caches on the islands of Kauai and Oahu...cool stuff! I work for Solvay Chemicals -about 10 minutes from Little America on the south side of I80 - 1500' below the surface. I run a production crew that cuts the rock. I'll have to post some underground pics when I'm more awake since 4AM comes really early.
As for my wife , she has 8 bros & sis still living in the valley and ALL the Asays are related somehow.

BrainDamage
10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
I Use to repair ground monitors for solvay back at my ould job.

greyhair biker
10-21-2005, 03:48 AM
here's a couple underground shots

DickHead
10-21-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey, I work in a dark hole, too!
Seriously, though, those pictures remind me why I'm glad I don't really work for a living.
I'm sore from just over an hour of framing my basement yesterday.

nitmik
10-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Those picutes make me so glad that the most strenuous thing I do is hit a keyboard

greyhair biker
11-11-2005, 08:09 AM
not to wierd anyone out but I just looked at the post of this last picture I took & noticed all the light orbs floating around my crew...is the mine haunted? :eek2:

rockgremlin
11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Looks like your lens was dirty (not an uncommon thing -- EVERYTHING in a mine is dirty). Either that or it was the Tommyknockers! :haha:

greyhair biker
11-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I've never had a wierd experience underground. After a while the dark doesn't bother you at all...although if you lose your light your screwed...a cave is a cave :ghost:

DickHead
11-12-2005, 01:22 PM
not to wierd anyone out but I just looked at the post of this last picture I took & noticed all the light orbs floating around my crew...is the mine haunted? :eek2:

Only if you believe in that sort of hooey.
:bootyshake: