PDA

View Full Version : The Green river in March

DickHead
10-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Obviously this is a long ways off, but every March I go to the Green. Yea, its cooler (or freaking cold), but I've had a couple really great trips then. Usually stay in the lodge.
If anyone here is interested, tag on and let me know.
Dates won't be determined until probably Jan or so. Usually mid-late month.

shlingdawg
10-14-2005, 07:46 AM
I'm always up for a fishing trip. Let me know the details as they come up and I'll plan on it.

How do you fish it? Toon? Drift boat? I've never fished the Green.

DickHead
10-14-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm always up for a fishing trip. Let me know the details as they come up and I'll plan on it.

How do you fish it? Toon? Drift boat? I've never fished the Green.

I just wade it and walk the banks. When it gets closer I might split a half-day drift with someone, but I'm not sure.

shlingdawg
10-14-2005, 09:34 AM
My dad, two brothers and I are looking to go in on a drift boat. We're just waiting for the right deal to come along. If it happens by next March, we'll be set.

DickHead
10-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Sweet!
Winter is usually the time to score something, that's for sure.

accadacca
10-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, keep us posted once you get a date set.

Sombeech
10-14-2005, 08:35 PM
My Dad and Brothers just floated it 2 weeks ago. They didn't have much luck. They caught some, but not like the last time. They said it was pretty high.

I've done both though, from the banks and floating. I love floating it.

Here's some links to my past trips...

Floating the Green (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=240)

From the bank (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44)

We usually go in the fall. I'd like to see what the difference is in the Spring though...

REDFOX
10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I like to fish the Green River in the fall. The water is low and clear, and the fish will take an olive scud regularly. I think that this one took an egg pattern.

DickHead
10-18-2005, 12:44 PM
I like to fish the Green River in the fall. The water is low and clear, and the fish will take an olive scud regularly. I think that this one took an egg pattern.

Nice!
We just had a kid, so me getting out for more than one night in the near future is out of the question.

DickHead
10-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Tenatively, I think March 16-19th will be the dates. I just got my schedule for next year, puts me on weekends off finally. I requested Thursday the 16th and Friday the 17th of March off. Obviously its a ways off, so this will come up again at a later date. Anyone that has to plan things in advance, though, start thinking 'bout it.
It'll Be some good times.
:boozer:

tallsteve
12-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I love March on the Green. Have had great success that time of year, mostly hiking upriver from Little Hole. Have had some great luck on midge hatches in February as well.

DickHead
12-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I love March on the Green. Have had great success that time of year, mostly hiking upriver from Little Hole. Have had some great luck on midge hatches in February as well.

Welcome to the forum!
I love it because there is less pressure, the weather has been good, and I've had decent success as well. I usually hike down from the Dam.

DickHead
01-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Still looks like its on! I get my March schedule Feb 1st-ish, so I will know for sure if I'm in for all four days or not.
Plan:
Staying at the flaming gorge lodge. Drinking and playing poker at night. Fishing during the day.

Put in for the days off, and come Feb 1st I will be looking for a headcount.

shlingdawg
01-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Still ok by me. Just post up a fo-sho.