PDA

View Full Version : Salt Lake Nightlife

Superriffic S*
10-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Does anyone on here know of any bars that have Karaoke on Saturday night? I am kind of doubting it, but this is my last resort. Any help would be appreciated.

:2thumbs:

price1869
10-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Check the Liberal Weekly, I mean Sh*ty Weekly, I mean City Weekly.

Superriffic S*
10-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks, I actually thought of City Weekly right before I saw this post and found all the information that I needed there.

But, this poses a question: What is the favorite/best thing to do in Salt Lake after dark? (nightlife I mean).

James_B_Wads2000
10-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Darn tootin', they done do put stories 'bout ho-mo-saxuls in it. :gap:

-Hill Billy Bob from small town Utah

"From my cold dead hands" :2gun:

price1869
10-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Bonfires and Bouldering are the best things to do after dark.

Price

accadacca
10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Watch a ball game...... :ute_helmet: and eat..... :eat:

Sombeech
10-13-2005, 08:17 PM

I've never seen an edition of this paper that supported something that I support.

But anyways, I'm up for Karaoke too. I love it. Let us know what you find.

price1869
10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
The city weekly is great to take as you're heading out for a bonfire. You know if you don't want to use gas (expensive). Just grab a stack of city weeklings, crumple them up under some pallets, and presto! Bonfire.
http://static.flickr.com/24/43834948_f4756b80d8.jpg

DickHead
10-14-2005, 07:35 AM
Not a fan of the City's editorials, but thier stories are usually pretty good. I like getting stories that the other two rags won't report on.
Salt Lake City Metro is good reading, too.

rockgremlin
10-14-2005, 09:00 AM
I will say this about City Weekling: They do have very good restaurant reviews. Usually the best (and least well known) restaurants are showcased in City Weekly. TGIFridays and Chilis will never receive a City Weekly award. :nono:

Shan
10-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Up in Cache Valley, we take turns hosting dinner with friends, then have a fire outside and drink beer, or play dominoes or cards and drink beer. That is a hootin' good Friday night for us. Making friends with someone who has a hottub is always beneficial! I don't miss the bars though.

rockgremlin
10-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Up in Cache Valley, we take turns hosting dinner with friends, then have a fire outside and drink beer, or play dominoes or cards and drink beer. That is a hootin' good Friday night for us. Making friends with someone who has a hottub is always beneficial! I don't miss the bars though.

Hottub friends can be especially fun if they institute Euro-rules (ie sans bathing suits :bath: ).

Superriffic S*
10-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Hottub friends can be especially fun if they institute Euro-rules (ie sans bathing suits :bath: ).

As long as the Hottub friends aren't too large and in charge, you know what I mean?

Superriffic S*
10-14-2005, 10:24 AM
But anyways, I'm up for Karaoke too. I love it. Let us know what you find.

We will be making our way to Monk's House of Jazz on Saturday. They have karaoke there. It's located on 2nd south just off Main Street (by the Kinkos and Carls Jr.) So, all are intived to come. It should be loads of fun!

Iceaxe
10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
SSSShhhhiiiitttttt..... :kicknuts:

Everyone knows guys can't do Karaoke cause it makes them gay. :wedgie:

:roflol:

Superriffic S*
10-14-2005, 01:44 PM
SSSShhhhiiiitttttt..... :kicknuts:

You don't have to sing. You could just come, get smashed and watch me sing! Me swears I don't have a terrible voice. At any rate, we will have a kick in the pants time!

Sombeech
10-14-2005, 08:17 PM

AC/DC is the only music worth singing along to. Anything else, like Journey, would be gay to do Karaoke. (even though Journey is a decent band, you just can't sing along to them in front of a crowd)

That reminds me. Anybody see "the Family Guy" episode where Peter does Karaoke to Journey? Very good episode.

Sombeech
10-14-2005, 08:18 PM

Who's gonna be the first to issue a Trip Report on this? :haha: