PDA

View Full Version : Please read

DickHead
10-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Care package deadline: Today. I'm going to ship sometime tomorrow. Of course, anything dropped off to me will go out at another time.
In order to simplify this, I'm going to narrow down the request. If you've already got something, bring it by. If not, this is what I want to send
Gum
Hard Candy
AA and AAA batteries
Individual packets of instant drink mix (tea, koolaid, gatorade, etc)
Granola bars
baby wipes (unscented)
or
Money so I can buy these things to ship, plus to offset shipping costs.

There is a big rubbermaid bin on my porch, my wife uses it as a business drop box. I'm at 5052 W 7000 S in WJC. Drop it in there with a note who its from, or a postcard, addressed to Bravo Company 1st BN. Tell them you support them and thanks for their sacrifices.

Superriffic S*
10-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Care package deadline: Today. I'm going to ship sometime tomorrow. Of course, anything dropped off to me will go out at another time.
In order to simplify this, I'm going to narrow down the request. If you've already got something, bring it by. If not, this is what I want to send
Gum
Hard Candy
AA and AAA batteries
Individual packets of instant drink mix (tea, koolaid, gatorade, etc)
Granola bars
baby wipes (unscented)
or
Money so I can buy these things to ship, plus to offset shipping costs.

There is a big rubbermaid bin on my porch, my wife uses it as a business drop box. I'm at 5052 W 7000 S in WJC. Drop it in there with a note who its from, or a postcard, addressed to Bravo Company 1st BN. Tell them you support them and thanks for their sacrifices.

I think that you guys all ROCK AMERICA!!! It is awesome that you are doing this for Dave's unit... I hear by make a motion to have a dedicated Category for Dave's Unit!!! I think they deserve it... don't you? All in favor say AYE!

DickHead
10-11-2005, 01:21 PM
aye! :2thumbs:

DickHead
10-11-2005, 07:57 PM
One of the Jims just brought by a schload of stuff and gave me $20 for shipping costs.
:rockon:

DickHead
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Forgot the other pic
:frustrated:

Dave:
All kinds of yummy goodies in there. Make sure and share the wealth! I included some ziploc baggies to help you divide stuff up. S&P, and red pepper to help ya'll choke down them MRE's.
AA batteries, didn't get a chance to get AAA's (one 4 pack), if I get a chance I'll get some of those in there.
Couple books and magazines. I've got a nice stash of those now, so we can put a couple in every box that goes out.
Enjoy!
Oh, and thanks.
(We need a little jarhead smiley, saluting :mrgreen: )

DickHead
10-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Dave:
Whats your tank crew, 3? We tried to get as much grub as we could, but I don't see it going very far amongst a bunch of MRE eatin, raghead shootin Marines. Divvy it up amongst your crew first, share whatever you can outside of that. I'm sure the books and magazines will get some mileage.
I'll be shipping it this morning let me know when it arrives if you can, I'm real curious about the shipping times.

All:
I'm thinking 3 weeks (Nov Second) for the next shipment deadline. This oughta give ya'll time to pick some stuff up. Lets do personal hygeine as the theme:

Stick Deoderant
Shampoo
Eye Drops
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Baby wipes
Floss
Bar soap

Next trip to the grocery store, pick something up. With a little planning, I could probably pick up from one or two locations in Davis and Utah counties.
Administration, please sticky this thread.

Glockguy
10-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Is there anyway you could do a pick up near SLC? Or I could stick it in a geocache somewheres if anyone has a gps.

DickHead
10-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Is there anyway you could do a pick up near SLC? Or I could stick it in a geocache somewheres if anyone has a gps.

I work at the airport so I can swing by the SLC area coming or going, plus its really not very far from WJC, I could arrange a pick up.

DickHead
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Shipped, 10/12/05. Two boxes, I'd esimate them at about 5lbs each.
Cost was surprising low. Last time I shipped to an apo it seemed to cost more.....

accadacca
10-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Shipped, 10/12/05. Two boxes, I'd esimate them at about 5lbs each.
Cost was surprising low. Last time I shipped to an apo it seemed to cost more.....
Hey thanks again for boxing it up and shipping it. You da man! :flag:

DickHead
10-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks

In keeping with the organizational theme, I'm going to solicit volunteers for each item.
Pick an item, post here what and how much you're picking up. After you pick it up, PM me.
I've decided that I'll try and pick up from whomever lives outside my area. Obviously, if you're willing or able to drop it off at my house that would work out best.

DaveOU812
10-18-2005, 01:23 PM
WOW!!! This is all really amazing. Thank you all so much for your donations and for putting this all together. I'm sure the guys will really appreciate it. A tank crew is actualy 4 guys but I'll spread load it through out my section. It does take about three or four weeks for the boxes to come in but it's really not that bad. Thank you all again.

DickHead
10-19-2005, 11:32 AM
You bet Dave. I can understand, to an extent, the sacrifices ya'll are making. Politics aside, the freedom of the many relies on the sacrifices of the few.

All:
I want to clarify what I'm doing here. I want someone to sign up for one of the following items:

Stick Deoderant
Eye Drops
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Baby wipes
Bar soap
In addition, hard candies, sunflower seeds, AA and AAA batteries, and CD's burnt with your favorite MP3's. :rockon:
Postcards addressed to Dave and Bravo Company 1st BN.

About $10-$15 worth should be great. (Dollar stores rock) A couple bucks to help with shipping would be appreciated.
I should be able to pick up almost anywhere in lower Davis, northern Utah, or Salt Lake counties. Of course, items can always be dropped off at 5052 W 7000 S
Politics aside, I'm sure ya'll can support the troops.

DickHead
11-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Okay obviously the package deadline has come and gone.
New deadline: Dec 1st
Please post or email or pm me if you're willing to purchase any of the following for the care package
Stick Deoderant
Eye Drops
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Baby wipes
Bar soap
In addition, hard candies, sunflower seeds, AA and AAA batteries, and CD's burnt with your favorite MP3's.

rockgremlin
11-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Doesn't the military provide the troops with the essentials like soap, deoderant, toothpaste, etc?

DickHead
11-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Doesn't the military provide the troops with the essentials like soap, deoderant, toothpaste, etc?

I think they have to pay for it themselves, but let me check with Dave.

nitmik
11-16-2005, 10:08 AM
I know when I was in the navy I had to pay for all that stuff, they just fed us and that was about it, oh, they also gave us the guns and bullets, they're not charging for those yet. YET!!!!

DickHead
11-16-2005, 10:31 AM
I know when I was in the navy I had to pay for all that stuff, they just fed us and that was about it, oh, they also gave us the guns and bullets, they're not charging for those yet. YET!!!!

Same thing when I was in, however, since Dave is in a Combat zone I'm not 100% on that. I never served in a Combat zone. I pm'd him to make sure. Of course, even if Uncle Sam provides the hygene stuff its probably crap from the lowest bidder.
:lol8:
Even still, no reason not to put together some of the other items that they might find helpful
Baby wipes (unscented)
Geedunk (snacks) that won't perish. We sent a bunch of Jerky and Sunflower seeds in the last package(s), as well as gum, hard candy, and soft candy that won't melt (like starburst). Also sent a bunch of granola bars.
AA and AAA batteries
Books and Magazines I've still got quite the stash here ready to go with the next package.
Lip balm preferably with an SPF rating
drink mixes Gatorade and koolaid mixes.
Sunscreen
I will set Dec Nov 30th as a pickup date, since I'm off that day. Dropoff by the end of the day on Dec 1st. Shipment date will either be the 2nd or 3rd of Dec. Probably not enough time to get there before Christmas, but I'm sure they won't mind.

DickHead
11-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Got a pm from Dave, yes they still have to procure thier own hygiene products. We'll just make this a whatever package. I've got some stuff I'm going to send anyways (soap, deoderant), and some goodies.