PDA

View Full Version : REAL Salt Lake

rockgremlin
10-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Anybody follow our soccer team? There's talk that they're gonna build a stadium exclusively for REAL soccer. They're trolling for names for the new stadium. Checketts Stadium has been suggested. Any other suggestions?

There's a good thread going on here (http://realsaltlake.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2293)about where to build it, and what to call it.

Wasatch Rebel
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
No--I keep telling my son how boring soccer is, but he likes it. :haha:

As long as Checkett's pays for it himself and without taxpayer money, I'm cool with wherever he wants to build it, and whatever he wants to call it. I did play soccer once upon a time in a county league--and it's way fun to play. There just isn't enough scoring. Eliminate off sides and then there's a game worth watching!!!!

nitmik
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
No--I keep telling my son how boring soccer is, but he likes it. :haha:

As long as Checkett's pays for it himself and without taxpayer money, I'm cool with wherever he wants to build it, and whatever he wants to call it. I did play soccer once upon a time in a county league--and it's way fun to play. There just isn't enough scoring. Eliminate off sides and then there's a game worth watching!!!!

My kids play soccer and I think it's boring, but I've been to a REal game it's not that bad, but basketball is more fun.

rockgremlin
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Agreed. I don't know what all the hype is about. Soccer is about as entertaining to watch as golf.

accadacca
10-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Agreed. I don't know what all the hype is about. Soccer is about as entertaining to watch as golf.
WOW...That's a little harsh! I am not really a fan but its not THAT bad.

nitmik
10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
I would think golf is worse, I can't watch that at all

Iceaxe
10-10-2005, 04:23 PM
REAL Salt Lake.... YAWN....

:toofunny:

rock_ski_cowboy
10-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Anybody follow our soccer team? There's talk that they're gonna build a stadium exclusively for REAL soccer. They're trolling for names for the new stadium. Checketts Stadium has been suggested. Any other suggestions?

They'll name it after whoever donates the most money to build it, isn't that how most buildings get named these days? Even BYU has Larry H Miller baseball stadium.

price1869
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I like soccer. I've been to several games. The World Cup qualifying game was awesome.

http://static.flickr.com/3/19203284_25d4ce4dec_o.jpg

But I'm crazy.

rockgremlin
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
So I heard that Sandy City won the location bid. I think that's a bad idea. The REAL stadium should be downtown. After all, it's REAL SALT LAKE, not REAL SANDY!! :roll:

accadacca
10-11-2005, 11:42 AM
So I heard that Sandy City won the location bid. I think that's a bad idea. The REAL stadium should be downtown. After all, it's REAL SALT LAKE, not REAL SANDY!! :roll:
Yeah I heard that you can blame this on Rocky. :roll:

rockgremlin
10-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Actually, it's George Bush's fault (isn't everything his fault?)