PDA

View Full Version : DODGEBALL!!

Sombeech
10-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Chivato got us boys together in a Dodgeball League. It is actually very fun. We played our first game tonight.

We got WORKED

Here we are, a group of 30+ year olds (on average) starting to play dodgeball after 23 years at the playground.
My knee actually felt really good tonight. The team: LeRoy, Cam, Don, James, Chris, Matt, Kenny, Me, Brandon, Dusty and Travis

Our first match? The defending champs from last year. :kicknuts:

We won the first game, but it ended up 1 to 8. Don't get me wrong, it was VERY FUN. We all had a great time, and got showed up by some 20 year old pretty boy punks in muscle shirts. The good news is every game from now on will be easier, and I am really excited to play again. We were all able to have fun, and laugh with each other.

Just so you know, Dodgeball's making it's way back. It's on ESPN sometimes. The game is played in 50 minutes. You play multiple rounds, most of the time lasting 5 minutes, depending on how good or bad you are. You just try to fit as many games as you can into that time frame.

There's some other interesting rules, but you guys know the jist of it. Don't get hit, catch the ball, hit the other team...

Here's some action shots, and Click here for the video (http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=2259) We are on the right side of the court.

rockgremlin
10-06-2005, 11:55 PM
How did you guys win that first one? Were they just hustlin' yas?

accadacca
10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
How did you guys win that first one? Were they just hustlin' yas?
They probably just wanted an extra game to practice. :haha:

This is hilarious..... :toofunny: I bet a ton of fun tho....
What is your team name? The Ogden posse looks mean and nasty.... :naughty:

KillEmAll
10-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Our team name is the EZ Targets. Fitting.

nitmik
10-07-2005, 08:12 AM
That looks like so much fun, I loved playing in school

Sombeech
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Our team name is the EZ Targets. Fitting.

Yep, EZ Targets. I'm takin' credit for the name. I'm going to get us some Target t-shirts, and write EZ on the top. You know the red or white Target Store shirts?

I actually think we played a pretty good first game, even though I was the first one out. :targetpractice: You'll have to wait for the video. The first game is on it, and you'll see the single move that saved us.

We were fresh, and still had our breath. Then it went away...

KillEmAll
10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
That looks like so much fun, I loved playing in school

Yeah, I remember it being a lot easier in grade school. It probably had something to do with it being co-ed. I wonder if there are any co-ed leagues? I would dominate! Or at least I wouldn't get out as much, and getting hit wouldn't sting as much. :mrgreen:

Iceaxe
10-07-2005, 02:47 PM
I loved dodgeball in school. In Jr High we called it Battlefield. In High School we called it Crunchball.

If anyone else forms and team and needs a player count me in!!!!

Sombeech
10-07-2005, 09:15 PM
I wonder if there are any co-ed leagues? I would dominate!
That's what we were hoping this was. Some of us met the bra size requirements. Much to our dismay, there where no chicks to wack.

OK, here's the video of our winning game. It's the only footage worth showing.

Quick description of how we won; It's basically down to 1 on 1. James hits the target at the far side of the court, which basically frees all of us in the out box. So then, it's 10 on 1.

We are the team on the right side of the court.

Watching the footage, I can hear myself getting really involved. I've got my "fierce yelling tone" going.

Udink
10-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Wow, looks like a lot of fun. I wouldn't think re-living anything from high school would be fun, but I guess dodge ball would be. :haha:

We used to play "cone ball," which was just standard dodge ball, except each team had three orange traffic cones behind them. If all three of your cones got knocked over before everybody was out, the other team won.

rockgremlin
10-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Cone ball was a fun high school game. I can remember other "ball" games being pretty entertaining too. :haha:

accadacca
10-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Watching the footage, I can hear myself getting really involved. I've got my "fierce yelling tone" going.
I love the passion..... :lol8: Where do you play and how big is the crowd? Do you get asked for autographs? :haha:

Sombeech
10-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Do you get asked for autographs? :haha:

Not yet, but wait for the championship game.

There's 10 players per team on the "field" at a time. That's how many we had, and believe it or not, I was looking for a sub half way in.

Every one of us are very sore today. It doesn't look like much of a workout, especially when we're OUT most of the time, but we're dying.

We'll actually get a bigger crowd this thursday. A lot of people want to come watch and have a laugh. :popcorn:

accadacca
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Hows the team doing? Have you got in any fights? :lol8:

Sombeech
10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Have you got in any fights? :lol8:

Not yet. Last thursday we actually played alright. We were one player short on the field, and we won about 4 games. Unfortunately the other team beat us by a few, but it's the best we've played so far.

We're getting better, and I've managed to keep my cool lately. I haven't waited for anybody in the parking lot for a couple of weeks.

When you suck, you've got to do it for the fun of it. You have no other choice.

It's still a freakin' blast though. I'll miss this week, as I'm going out of town (Bear Lake), but it might be a Bye anyways. (Bie? By? Buy?)

Sombeech
12-02-2005, 12:06 AM
OK, new week, new thrown out arm. We are a bunch of old men that constantly lose to cocky, mouthy little punks.

But our record is consistent. :nod:

Here are some shots from our latest game. Some of the shots are a little fuzzy because the camera tends to focus on the net in the foreground. Nevertheless, you guys can tell what's going on.

Be sure to watch the three videos too, they're after the pictures. Watch Dave get thrown out of the game. :lol8: :roll: :haha:

I think the Refs forget we are the ones paying them sometimes. We should be allowed a little backtalkin'.

Oh, and P.S. Thanks to Sammy's fiance Emily for taking the footage. :popcorn: :five:

accadacca
12-02-2005, 07:52 AM
That is hilarious! :roflol: Nice camera work? :haha:

I wish some of those Ogdenites knew how to use a computer. :bootyshake:

Sombeech
12-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I wish some of those Ogdenites knew how to use a computer. :bootyshake:

Tell me about it. No amount of convincing will do the trick, either. :compthrow:

Sombeech
12-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Something spectacular happened tonight. We won. :eek2:

Sombeech
12-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Just some priceless images of Don (MY T PIMP). These are from the night we won.

Now we're in the playoffs, baby!