PDA

View Full Version : Winter might as well be here....

DickHead
10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Today, I set my road bike on the trainer in the garage. Stuck a DVD in the wife's laptop and rode for about an hour.

nitmik
10-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm leaving work early today and thought I would be able to get a ride in, looks like I was wrong about that

DickHead
10-04-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm leaving work early today and thought I would be able to get a ride in, looks like I was wrong about that

Only if you're looking to suffer in the cold and wet!

crazy horse
10-04-2005, 05:44 PM
brrr...i had football practice today in the rain...not pleasant at all, winter is definately almost here.

nitmik
10-05-2005, 07:54 AM

Only if you're looking to suffer in the cold and wet!

Yesterday reminded me of the LOTOJA this year, I still cannot believe it was that cold.

Shan
10-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I still rode to work in full on rain gear.

Note to self: buy some fenders.

nitmik
10-05-2005, 10:11 AM
I still rode to work in full on rain gear.

Note to self: buy some fenders.

That's way cool, and I bet it was cool

Shan
10-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Got any tips on how to prevent the rain from dripping in your helmet? I had terrible helmet hair.

nitmik
10-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Got any tips on how to prevent the rain from dripping in your helmet? I had terrible helmet hair.

I shaved my head a couple of years ago so I have no idea. I do know that performacebike has some protectors that are water resistant. I will ride no matter what tempature it is, but I don't like to ride in the rain unless I have too.

Glockguy
10-05-2005, 12:06 PM

Shower cap? Shrink Wrap? I shave my head during the summer and let it grow back in the winter. I am kinda bummed I will have to start getting it cut again :blxsuspicious:

accadacca
10-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Well it warmed up some today. Lots of frost on the lawn today......but tonight it will get cut.

nitmik
10-05-2005, 01:22 PM

Shower cap? Shrink Wrap? I shave my head during the summer and let it grow back in the winter. I am kinda bummed I will have to start getting it cut again :blxsuspicious:

Cutting hair sucks, don't do it

DickHead
10-05-2005, 01:40 PM

Helmet cover.
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=16869
http://www.performancebike.com/product_images/150/10_3806F.jpg

I wonder if a shower cap would fit over a helmet? Might make a good 'emergency' helmet cover.

BrainDamage
10-05-2005, 01:42 PM

Cutting hair sucks, don't do it

I hear ya I haven't cut My hair in over 8 months, I have a massive fro going now :afro:

Shan
10-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Jason's got it! I went looking for something like that but didn't find it on my own, but that would work. Would that be really cheesy?

I can't shave my head; few people can pull of the G.I. Jane look! I would not be one of them.

nitmik
10-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Jason's got it! I went looking for something like that but didn't find it on my own, but that would work. Would that be really cheesy?

I can't shave my head; few people can pull of the G.I. Jane look! I would not be one of them.

The shaved head things does not work for everyone. I don't think it would be cheesy if you only use in when it rains, if you use it for everyday use then it will be cheesy.

Sombeech
10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm growing a mop myself. I actually think it looks pretty cool with helmet hair. I always make it a point to walk into a convenience store after I've been riding, so I can go in all sweaty with helmet hair.

They know I'm livin' the high life.

DickHead
10-06-2005, 06:51 AM

Absolutely not. I spied a guy yesterday afternoon who appeared to be on the way home from work on a rigid MTB fully decked out for commuting. He had an illuminite helmet cover on and it just made him look smart.

nitmik
10-06-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm growing a mop myself. I actually think it looks pretty cool with helmet hair. I always make it a point to walk into a convenience store after I've been riding, so I can go in all sweaty with helmet hair.

They know I'm livin' the high life.

The mop look is way in now, I would do it if I thought I would look good, but then again I would also grow the biggest 'fro you have ever seen in your life if I could. :2thumbs: