PDA

View Full Version : Who are you?

DickHead
09-29-2005, 06:55 AM
Okay, its time for the "Who are you" thread......

Jason. 31, married, two spawn.
Road bike, mountain bike, fish (mostly flyfish), have hunted (but not in awhile), hike, snowshoe, gun owner, camping. Beer drinker. Federally employed.
My handle is because I have two Jamis bikes, and am built like a retired jockey.
:haha:
I'm former military (5 years in the Marines). I've lived in Californistan, Michigan, Miss., North Carolina, Tennessee, Arizona, two places in Texas, and here.
Upcoming I will be finishing my basement, which is going to suck my money and time like some sort of sex-less mistress.

nitmik
09-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the site, that means I'm not the newest person anymore. :smile:

shlingdawg
09-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Josh, 29, one kid
Mtn bike, flyfish, backpack, ATV, hunter, gun owner, CCW holder, golf, camp, snowboard, sports fan.

shlingdawg came about many years ago while paying the fee booth attendant at the Sand Flats Rec Area in Moab. Helpful hint for everyone: don't have your CB turned way up if you have friends like I do.

Born/raised in Utah. Work for IHC. House is for sale.

nitmik
09-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Messed that up

Mike 36, engaged with a total of six kids.

Bike, hike and just like to be active. Not a hunter at all, if I killed it, I would have to eat it, yuck!

I do computers for a living.

Shan
09-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Good thread! I started one of these many times, but never hit send.

Shannon, 29, married, one dog, no plans for spawning. I've got one big man child at home.

I work for the university doing river research/fish habitat analysis. It's all computer work though.

In my spare time I bike, hike, canoe, teleski, eat, work in my garden/yard, play my flute in a group, and volunteer for shelter dogs.

I grew up in Indiana, moved to Utah in 1999. First I was in Hanna, UT, then Roosevelt, lastly Logan.

Udink
09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Dennis, age 29, married with two brats (boys, ages 2 and 4). I like hiking, geocaching, a little off-roading (not much I can do in my F-250 diesel though), camping, shooting (got my CFP and a 9mm). I live in Price, was born here and lived here all my life except for about three years when I lived in Utah County. I work for a legal publishing company in Provo, but I telecommute about 98% of the time.

icthys
09-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Jess, 28, married, 6 mos old girl, and yellow lab.

I'm from Heber, tried Syracuse for a few years and went crazy, currently living in Coalville trying to decide where between Coalville and Heber I want to end up.

I'm a fly fishing die hard, if it'll take a fly I'll try and catch it, been doing it for 20 years. I just starting bow hunting this year and I'm crazy about it too. My wife and I love to get out and hike, mostly up in the Uinta's. We are camping up there whenever we get the chance. I snowboard when I feel like putting up $50. I work for an audio/video/home theater company designing all the systems.

TreeHugger
09-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Karen, 43 (ouch!), married (my husband ROCKS!!), no kids, no pets.

Mountain bike, road bike, hike, backpack, snowshoe, ski.
I did my first marathon last spring, and just learned to ski two seasons ago, backpacked 13 days through the Alps last summer ....

New to Utah - moved here 3 years ago, from MI. I miss the trees and the liberals. (haha!) But I love Utah... we came for the mountains, and, oh, yeah, my husband's job at the U. I'm a teacher.

price1869
09-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Jason Price

Born: Thousand Oaks, CA
Grew up: Burton (Rexburg), ID Milking Cows, Moving Pipe, Hiking in the Tetons, 4-wheeling at the dunes.
Currently: Residing in Sandy.

Mt. Biker, Canyoneer, Climber, Boulderer, Hiker, meat eater, woman lover, single, girl crazy mo fo.

Price1869 comes from my highschool gang (long story) and I have it tattooed in 2 places.
http://static.flickr.com/27/43072695_da1679d2a9_m.jpg

I sell heavy equipment, dozers, excavators, loaders, etc. I'm glad that I don't "do" computers for a living.

I knew this girl that did people for a living and that tore her up pretty bad.

Just kidding,

That's me.[/img]

nitmik
09-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I sell heavy equipment, dozers, excavators, loaders, etc. I'm glad that I don't "do" computers for a living.

I knew this girl that did people for a living and that tore her up pretty bad.

Just kidding,

That's me.[/img]

If they give me a problem I just reboot them, life is great.

BrainDamage
09-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Gary 23 (a young punk) single, I ride Mt bikes (For only about a year), Motorcycles(I was Desert Racer for a Year till I was Injured Long story short I spent a Week in the UofU ICU, Now I just Trail ride), love to go Fishing, Hunting, camping, hiking (love to hike the SR swell) 4x4ing .

I was born and raised and educated in Price, Just moved up to SLC area (West Jordan) In June so I can go Back to school. I have a degree in Industrial Electronics and I was employed doing so in Price before I moved. Now I Work in customer service so I can go back to school.

rockgremlin
09-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Upcoming I will be finishing my basement, which is going to suck my money and time like some sort of sex-less mistress.

:lol8: :haha: Funny!

Justin 30, married, two spawn. Full time student at the University of Utah. This spring I will be graduating "Non Cum Laude" in Mining Engineering. I'm also a full time outdoorsman, specializing mostly in hiking, specifically Canyoneering (hiking/swimming/rappeling through slot canyons). I have a mountain bike in my garage that has collected an impressive layer of dust over the years. I think it may be coming up on a quarter of an inch now. I also love playing Halo2, though others who play with me seem to get all grumpy, and quit playing after only a few games. :ne_nau: :ne_nau: I enjoy running these little road races they have every couple of months around here (SL Classic, Deseret News 10K, etc) I have run two marathons (Deseret News and St. George), and two half-marathons (Moab and Las Vegas). I also enjoy torturing myself at the gym. :stud:

DickHead
09-29-2005, 12:11 PM

That's funny....count my threads...I'm not exactly new 'round here....
:lol8:

nitmik
09-29-2005, 12:56 PM

That's funny....count my threads...I'm not exactly new 'round here....

You do have a handfull more, ok a lot more, but I'm still not the newest

James_B_Wads2000
09-29-2005, 02:28 PM
James, 26, married, one little girl who is almost 4. Born and raised in Utah lived in SLC my whole life with only three different addresses all within 3 miles of each other. Pretty damn boring, believe me I know.

Self appointed Utah outdoor guru, if there is a place in Utah, chances are I have been there or have a trip planned soon. I do most of my exploring by driving and hiking, though I have done a fair bit of mountain biking and some technical canyoneering.

My policy on 4X4 is, if you can get out and walk faster then the trail is too rough pull over and start walking

I hate snow and anything related to it (most especially ski resorts and Christmas). I don't fish or shoot guns, both a waste of time.

James

Black Mage
09-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Tom, 22, single, no kids.

Born in Greenville, PA, raised in Utah. Senior at Weber State University, majoring in photography, minoring in communication. I hike, ski, kayak, snowmobiling, ATVing, geocaching, etc.

Snow is the blood of life.

My heros are Black Mage from 8-Bit Theater (http://www.nuklearpower.com) and Professor Clark (my ethnobotany professor, the man is a genius).

rockgremlin
09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't fish or shoot guns, both a waste of time.

You better duck, this site is full of those types. It's weird. I used to be into both of those activities, but not anymore. :ne_nau: I'm not against them, it's just that I don't get excited about them anymore.

Iceaxe
09-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Marital Status: Married to stripper/trophy wife.
Rugrats: 2

Hobbies: Spitting and peeing while standing on top of high places.

:five:

accadacca
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Scott, 30
Outdoor Pimp (check out the TR's)
BIG AC/DC Fan (www.acdcrocks.com)
Married
3 Year old son
Baby 2 months along in the oven
Work www.xango.net (brand new site launch on Monday)

Udink
09-29-2005, 07:30 PM

You better duck, this site is full of those types. It's weird. I used to be into both of those activities, but not anymore. :ne_nau: I'm not against them, it's just that I don't get excited about them anymore.
Agreed, you might want to qualify your statement with a possessive adjective such as "my," as in "both a waste of my time." Otherwise you come off looking like, well, some other type of adjective. :haha:

Sombeech
09-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Justin age 29

Married, trying for kids for a couple of years now.

I sell toilets! Not really, but I manage the operations for a Plumbing wholesale company.

I like to do just about everything on this site, but my lack of free time really frustrates me. This is my last semester at Weber State, graduating in Technical Sales.

Sombeech is what I get called when I'm in the Scorpion tank (Halo2), and they can't get me outta there.

I love to get trips planned, and get out of town. I can usually be found about 1/2 mile behind accadacca on any trail, hiking or biking.

I'm a guitarist for 16 years :rockon: 5 of them as an instructor, which I plan to get back to after school. Huge AC/DC fan :rockit: first concert was in London with accadacca, Summer of '96.

Iceaxe
09-29-2005, 08:33 PM

Is this your way of telling us you're gay???

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :five:

James_B_Wads2000
09-30-2005, 08:04 AM

Agreed, you might want to qualify your statement with a possessive adjective such as "my," as in "both a waste of my time." Otherwise you come off looking like, well, some other type of adjective. :haha:

Don't worry there is nothing you could call me that would shock me, or that I haven

Shan
09-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Da-yum!

rockgremlin
09-30-2005, 09:43 AM
wile all you rednecks are trying to prove how HUGE you are by killing things and getting drunk standing by a lake somewhere, I'll be enjoying the trails you left empty. Thanks.

:haha: My sentiments exactly!!!!!! Anyone ever been over to the old ghost town of Ophir on the west side of the Oquirrhs? It's currently a dumping grounds for all kinds of junk. People go out there to do basically two things: Shoot guns, and get drunk. Why is it that shooting guns always has to be accompanied by drinking beer and then throwing all your empty beer bottles everywhere? Ever notice that when you find a can that someone has discarded out in nature, 95% of the time its a beer can?

nitmik
09-30-2005, 09:50 AM
wile all you rednecks are trying to prove how HUGE you are by killing things and getting drunk standing by a lake somewhere, I'll be enjoying the trails you left empty. Thanks.

:haha: My sentiments exactly!!!!!! Anyone ever been over to the old ghost town of Ophir on the west side of the Oquirrhs? It's currently a dumping grounds for all kinds of junk. People go out there to do basically two things: Shoot guns, and get drunk. Why is it that shooting guns always has to be accompanied by drinking beer and then throwing all your empty beer bottles everywhere? Ever notice that when you find a can that someone has discarded out in nature, 95% of the time its a beer can?

I've ridden my bike out there last year and was scared, it sounded like a war out there. People were shooting non-stop, can you imagine how much lead it out there.

Superriffic S*
09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Okay, I am taking the bait...

Sarah, 27
Married, no kids, 2 cats
I love to... camp, hike, run, sing karaoke, act in plays, sew, crochet, cross stitch and cook. Yes, I am a little homemaker aren't I?

Oh, and I like to shoot guns, but not while I drink. I like to drink in the closet! :naughty:

Thats me in an nut shell "Look at me, I'm in a nutshell. HELP, get me out of this nutshell!"

crazy horse
10-01-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm Tobin, 17, born and raised right here in Salt Lake City. I'm a Junior at Skyline High, I love to play football and baseball, plus mountain bike, hike, backpack, and snowboard. I've got one dog and also own guns, although i haven't been shooting for a while.

Wasatch Rebel
10-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Shane, 46, three spawn, last one turning 18 this month. One married, one on LDS mission. Oh yeah, I guess it figures that I'm married too :mrgreen: ! Oh yeah, my first grandchild was born on June 27th. I hike, fish, wish I was hunting, camp, used to do a lot of four-wheeling--but it's hard to do now when my only two vehicles are a Geo Prizm and a Honda Accord. Will some day ski again and would like to some day take up mountain biking and motorcycle riding.

Lived in Utah most of my life (was born in San Diego when my dad was in the Navy). Grew up in Murray and went to Murray High.

Right now I live in Kearns, am an assistant Scoutmaster, work for the post office as a mailman, and in my spare time I'm trying to get going as a writer. I've had articles published in Outdoor Life and also in Bowhunter's Annual, I'm also in a book called Letters To America, one of the few who actually wrote in support of America. And have a chapter that I've written in a soon to be published e-book.

Anyway, that's me.

Shane

rockgremlin
10-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I heard getting on as a mailman is difficult, is that true? I wouldn't mind being a mailman. Sounds like it would be pretty low key, good benefits, decent pay.

BTW, who are the guys in your Avatar?

Where is your son (daughter?) on his (her?) mission?

Wasatch Rebel
10-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I heard getting on as a mailman is difficult, is that true? I wouldn't mind being a mailman. Sounds like it would be pretty low key, good benefits, decent pay.

BTW, who are the guys in your Avatar?

Where is your son (daughter?) on his (her?) mission?

I got on in 1983. It was difficult then and I think it's more difficult now--however, it's easier for veterens as well it should be. Yes, there are good benefits and decent pay--not always low key however. Very physically demanding at times, especially on Mondays when we have to deliver newspapers. The newspapers go to anybody that doesn't subscribe to the Salt Lake Tribune or the Deseret News--which in Kearns where I deliver is probably around 90 percent that don't subscribe so it's a heckuva lot of papers. The winters are sometimes bad, but the thing that really kills me is the heat of summer--you can only take so much off.

My Avatar is Butch Cassidy and the Wild Bunch. That's Butch in the center.

My son is on his mission in Trujillo, Peru. Actually he's in Lima right now. They have an MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Lima and he'll be there another two weeks.

Shane

Wasatch Rebel
10-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Anyone ever been over to the old ghost town of Ophir on the west side of the Oquirrhs?

I used to go out there about once a year--go through the old mine dumps looking for cool rocks. We used to go to nearby Mercur, when it was still open to the public, and crawl through old mine equipment and shafts. We found a lot of fossils around there too.

What you said about the dumping--it makes me sick. I don't drink, but my relatives who do don't leave their trash out there for all of us to look at. I think it takes a certain breed of moron to do that.

Shane

James_B_Wads2000
10-03-2005, 06:49 AM

Sorry I don't mean to be a bitch but Butch is seated on the right:

The Wild Bunch, 1900, Photo by John Swartz, 705 1/2 Main Street, Ft. Worth
Left to Right: Standing, Bill Carver and Harvey Logan ("Kid Curry")
Seated, Harry Longbough ("the Sundance Kid"), Ben Kilpatrick ("the Tall Texan"), Robert Leroy Parker ("Butch Cassidy")

James

DickHead
10-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Here goes my rant:
Just like any group, you've got that percentage that have no respect. They dump things, shoot in an unsafe direction, shoot glass bottles, and drink while handling firearms.
I've been part of the 4x4 community, mountain bike and road bike community, shooting and hunting, fishing, and others. There are always some that have no respect or knoweledge that what they do is wrong, or stupid.
James, I know your comments are meant to be inflamatory. Most that I know don't participate in the manner or for the reasons you listed. They are out there, sure, but in the minority.

BTW, I belive every red-blooded american should own a 12ga pump, a .357 handgun, a .22lr rifle, and know how to safely operate a firearm.
:2guns:

rockgremlin
10-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Sorry I don't mean to be a bitch but Butch is seated on the right

Ya, I think you're right. I wonder how many Roost canyons I've walked through that provided safe haven to these guys during their heyday.

BrainDamage
10-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Here goes my rant:
Just like any group, you've got that percentage that have no respect. They dump things, shoot in an unsafe direction, shoot glass bottles, and drink while handling firearms.
I've been part of the 4x4 community, mountain bike and road bike community, shooting and hunting, fishing, and others. There are always some that have no respect or knoweledge that what they do is wrong, or stupid.
James, I know your comments are meant to be inflamatory. Most that I know don't participate in the manner or for the reasons you listed. They are out there, sure, but in the minority.

BTW, I belive every red-blooded american should own a 12ga pump, a .357 handgun, a .22lr rifle, and know how to safely operate a firearm.
:2guns:

:2thumbs: I agree totally with you. Everybody needs to take in to factor the jerk factor 95% of the world Population is good, but then There is that 5% that just pisses everybody off

TreeHugger
10-03-2005, 12:14 PM
WHY should everyone own a "12ga pump, a .357 handgun, a .22lr rifle ? No thank you.

TreeHugger
10-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Here's some statistics for ya: (sorry for the thread hijack, but I'm only replying to the original hijack)

* Sixteen children are killed with guns each day in the US.
* Every six hours, an American between 10 & 19 years ol commits suicide with a gun.
* More people between the ages of 15 and 24 are killed with guns than by all natural causes combined.
* Guns ar the number one killer of African American men ages 15 - 34.
* Gunshot wounds are the number two killer of all Americans ages 10 to 34.
* A recent survey found that more than 1.2 million elementary school age latchkey children hav household access to a gun.
* A recent survey found that 18% of suburban high school students own a handgun.
* Another survey found that 35% of hight school students from high crime areas carry guns regularly.
* The gun you own for self protection is 43 times more likely to kill an innocent acquaintance than to be used for self-defense.
* In one recent year, there were 18 handgun homicides in Australia, 33 in Great Britain, 36 in Sweden, 60 in Japan, 97 in Switzerland, 128 in Canada and 13,495 in the United States.

Yep, everyone should own a gun.

Superriffic S*
10-03-2005, 12:42 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah... because the United States has a high number in homicides committed with guns does not mean that we are the leading country in homicides. If someone wants to kill somebody else they will, period. I love the mentality that somehow when you take away the gun then the problem or the crime will go away. It just so happens that the capitol of our great country that indeed has the most strict of gun laws in it, has the highest crime rate in the counrty. Huh, I guess all those laws didn't amount to a hill of beans in D.C., eh?
Here is an article about the knife crime rate in Britain and how they had somewhere between 16,000 to 19,000 knife incidents in 2003. I guess it doesn't matter whether you have a gun, knife or anything else... if you want to kill or harm someone you will find a way to do it.

http://www.spiked-online.com/Printable/0000000CA825.htm

DickHead
10-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Ah, statistics. They can't lie, or be twisted to prove a political point, right?
What's your source for these numbers? If you're quoting a wonderful organziation like the VPC, what's thier source for these numbers?
Why ages 10-34? What happens if you just say everyone?
How often does someone commit suicide with drugs? Slit wrists?
What about automobile accidents? Pools? Household chemicals? Lets compare knife deaths to gun deaths for the same age group?
Recent surveys of how many students, in how many schools?
(By the way, whenever we got surveys in high school, I always lied through my teeth. I reported way more drug and alchohol use than I ever dreamed of actually doing)
Yeah...these numbers aren't flawed at all.

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, in 2002, 4,010 people ages 15-24 killed themselves. Of that number, 2,088 used a firearm. Just over half.
210 in that same age range died from the accidental discharge of a firearm, but 629 drown. 11,000 and change died from motor vehicle accidents. 5,200 and change died from homicide with a firearm. Seems you're twice as likely to be killed in an auto accident in that age range.
Check this link out
http://cebmh.warne.ox.ac.uk/cebmh/elmh/nelmh/suicide/statistics/methods.html
Seems people who want to kill themselves in england, where firearms are all but outlawed, still find a way.
According to these numbers
http://cebmh.warne.ox.ac.uk/cebmh/elmh/nelmh/suicide/statistics/international.html
Japan has a higher suicide rate than the USA, despite an all out ban on firearms ownership. Sweeden, Canada, and Austrailia all have higher rates than us, as well.
Thanks for playing!

TreeHugger
10-03-2005, 01:30 PM
We dont need to talk about all the drownings and stabbings and car accidents because this thread is not about them. It's about guns. Guns.

These statistics came from an article about kids and guns. Kids. That's why the age limits on the statistics. I cant name the actual source, unfortunately, I had this article in my classroom from a writing prompt I did. I could probably do a search and give you a source but I dont feel it's necessary. Yes, I know statistics can be skewed, but I think this is relevant, nonetheless. Take it for what you will.

You still didnt answer the question: WHY should every red blooded American own a gun?

icthys
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I love it how thread subjects deviate!

I'm don't buy the get rid of guns stuff either, I do think we americans are way to obsessed about guns though.

If you want to save lives go ban McDonalds, Wendy's, BK, and every other food manufacturer on the planet. The deaths related to poor eating habits far out weigh gun fights.

BrainDamage
10-03-2005, 01:36 PM
A....... this thread is not about guns.
:roll:

DickHead
10-03-2005, 01:59 PM
You still didnt answer the question: WHY should every red blooded American own a gun?

Self defense. Home defense. Education. And because its just plain American.

James_B_Wads2000
10-03-2005, 02:37 PM

Need self defense, try not being such an a**hole that someone wants to shoot you.
Need home defense, try building a fence.
Need Education, try reading books instead of burning them.

"You need to have a gun because your in fear of being harmed, I fear no man and I'm unarmed"
-from the 311 song "Guns are for Pu**ies"

nitmik
10-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Need self defense, try not being such an a**hole that someone wants to shoot you.

"You need to have a gun because your in fear of being harmed, I fear no man and I'm unarmed"

I like the first one, LOL!

DickHead
10-03-2005, 03:09 PM

All are weak arguments.
Self defense: Unprovoked attacks, robbery, rape.
Home defense: Yea, fences are going to stop burglars or home invaders. Sure.
I've never burned a book in my life. Fully against censorship and zealots who burn books. I mean education in the sense that a gun is a tool, and without having one available to use for education, you can't teach someone how to safely handle or operate one. Much like a chainsaw or stapler.

So which is better? A woman lying dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, or a dead rapist lying in an alley, with an armed woman standing over his bloody corpse?

TreeHugger
10-03-2005, 03:42 PM
A....... this thread is not about guns.
:roll:

Oh my lord, just gotta find semantics to pick at.... of course :roll: this thread isnt about guns, but the hijacked portion is. There... better? :roll:

Sombeech
10-03-2005, 08:48 PM
YOWZA!! This thread took a heated turn! :eek2:

This is a good debate, and I don't want to discourage it from continuing. This topic really has our attention and there are some strong opinions. There's nothing wrong with that. That's what a web forum is for!!
What I would really like to do with this topic is move it to it's own thread, so everybody can see the title and feel free to join in.

Here's the thread: (also found under "General Discussion")
A discussion about Guns (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=998)

Let's keep this debate going. There's some good viewpoints here, but let's just carry it to this new thread.

We'd like to give the other members to tell us about themselves.

Thanks guys and gals.

rock_ski_cowboy
10-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Ben, 24, single, unidentified number of spawn.

I am into rock (both in music and geological form), main hobbies are canyoneering, playing my piano and singing to myself and whoever happens to be unfortunate enough to be around, snow skiing, and ranching. I own a 12 guage, a 22lr, and a 7mm. I think people who leave trash anywhere suck and that especailly includes people who crap and leave their toilet paper anywhere I might happen to find it. I don't care if you did throw some pebbles on it.

I work as a computer software engineer but i kind of get bored with it so I pretty much have no clue what i'm going to do with my life. Maybe be a musician, maybe write a book, maybe go to law school.

I am a BYU student so stereotype me. NO, seriously, b***hes, stereotype me. You know you want to. So do it

Could find the Go Cougars Emoticon. Hmmm no bias on this site. I'm sure accadacca's working on it as we speak.

Sombeech
10-03-2005, 09:51 PM
unidentified number of spawn.

Yeah, me too. I could expect someone to knock on my door in about 10 years. :eek2:

Windwalker
10-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks Sombeech, I was thinking I should be the peace maker and bring this threat back in line.

Windwalker (s): One of my favorite books, that and "Shadow Taker"
A.K.A.: J&L Lee in the www.utahgeocachers.com

Retired Small Town Police Officer, currently working for the Sanpete County S/O in corrections. (Jailer). Four years Army, retired from the National Guard. Wife of thirty years is a nurse for IHC here in Mt. Pleasant.

One very proud father of four kids, all have served or are serving in this current Iraq war. Correction, my oldest daughter is married to a leather neck Marine that did his time in the war so we count her as having served.

I served a mission in Washington state. Our oldest boy did a mission in Toronto Canada and Youngest daughter is serving in the Philippines.

We love::
Hiking (day hikes) with a couple friends (DeViDe) we met in San Rafael Swell and shorter hikes on our own.
Camping in our modified pop up tent trailer that has ground clearance better than any jeep around.
Rural GeoCaching is our current hobby that keeps us in the outdoors, just can't get into the urban caching.
We're just getting into canyoneering but nothing technical just the easy stuff.
Love Toyota L/Cs, Jeeps and our ATV.
We do a little mtn biking but not as much as we'd like.
Love Fishing and Hunting, but I don't hunt near as much as I did years ago.
Love shooting, have absolutely no idea how many guns we have. And to support that love, we have a reloading room that would make a small sporting goods store jealous.

Six more payments and the house is ours, and then the payments will be going into some much needed remodeling/repairs. I feel your pain Jamis.

Man, I've written to many reports over the years

At age fifty-three I suppose that makes me the ole man for now.

Side Note: I believe it sucks when making a living gets in the way of living.

rockgremlin
10-03-2005, 11:11 PM
At age fifty-three I suppose that makes me the ole man for now.

We've had other members come on here (who were in their 50's) and then disappear forever because they felt this was a forum for the "younger crowd." I'm glad you and the others who may be older than 30 have stuck around. We're not targeting this forum to any age group, and a more mature opinion and seasoned wit is appreciated by all.

Side Note: I believe it sucks when making a living gets in the way of living.

AMEN!

Wasatch Rebel
10-07-2005, 05:12 PM

Sorry I don't mean to be a bitch but Butch is seated on the right:

The Wild Bunch, 1900, Photo by John Swartz, 705 1/2 Main Street, Ft. Worth
Left to Right: Standing, Bill Carver and Harvey Logan ("Kid Curry")
Seated, Harry Longbough ("the Sundance Kid"), Ben Kilpatrick ("the Tall Texan"), Robert Leroy Parker ("Butch Cassidy")

James

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Shane

DaveOU812
10-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Ok my turn. Dave, 21, currently in Iraq. Employed by this little company called the United States Marine Corps. Love guns. (Obvious) I've got a 9mm, M16A4, two fully automatic 240G machine guns (7.62), one is borsighted so it's more like a sniper rifle, one .50 cal machine gun, and this little thing they call a 120mm cannon. :2thumbs: No really though, I'm origionaly from Utah. Cant wait to move back in a year and a half. I love being outside. I don't like walls. I do pretty much everything you guys have already named off but what really excites me is the stuff you can kill yourself doing. Motorcycles, really like the slot canyons, camping, hiking, fishing, not really into hunting but just cause I'm kinda lazy. Things to that extent. I'm not married but I might end up here in about 6 months. No rugrats, got enough neices and nephews to know better.

troutfisher
10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
24 yrs old

Student at SLCC, studying the Physical Therapy Assistant program

One Man at home- Insurance Agent for Farmers

Like to Fish, Hunt and just Hang Out.

I have a Shepherd Retreiver mix, Big Dog but very Sweet

And I can take care of all your electronics needs, I work for Radioshack.

That's about it.

Wasatch Rebel
10-18-2005, 08:00 PM
And I can take care of all your electronics needs, I work for Radioshack.

Which one? My son-in-law manages the Draper location.

troutfisher
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I work at the one on 33rd south and 30th east. Is his name Justin? If so, he is cool guy and a good manager.

Wasatch Rebel
10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I work at the one on 33rd south and 30th east. Is his name Justin? If so, he is cool guy and a good manager.

Yes, his name is Justin. I'll tell him you said nice things about him.

shaggy125
10-23-2005, 09:40 AM
I guess I better throw in my intro here:

Eric, 26 yr. Single w/ no kids.

My main hobbies used to be Snowboarding and hiking/backpakcing, but I started getting into climbing last year, until my friends decided riding around on 4-wheelers was a lot less effort so now I never have anyone to climb with. I took up Canyoneering this Spring and it has pretty much replaced my hiking/backpacking time. I get to see all the great stuff I saw hiking, only it's ten times more fun. I still love snowboarding and would never give that up. I like anything that keeps me active. I hate sitting around doing nothing all day.

I live in Riverton and am going to school to be a Respiratory Therapist. I have about a year and a half left and then I'll be working 6 days on, 7 days off, so needless to say I'll be spending a lot of time outdoors!

stefan
02-06-2007, 06:08 PM
and if ya haven't had enough yet ... there's more fun gun stuff here ...

gun debate (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=998)