PDA

View Full Version : Do you condition for skiing?

Shan
09-28-2005, 10:38 AM
It's around the corner! So are you gearing up for skiing? Are you doing any special conditioning training?

I'd like to get back on the fitness wagon, but I have been on hold since July trying to get my knees back to normal.

rockgremlin
09-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Isn't skiing one of the hardest activities on the knees?

accadacca
09-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Man I should...... :wallbash: I am sure it will be a typical year like most. After I go the first time I wont be able to walk the next day. :cripple:

Shan
09-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh its mightly hard on the knees rockgremlin!

Yeah, and I'm a telemark skier, you know you "lunge" with every turn. I'm not ready to give it up and go to alpine just yet. I'm putting my money on physical therapy to get me better. They all say it will work.

TreeHugger
09-29-2005, 07:42 AM
I do a ski conditioning class - twice a week, for 8 weeks, through the U.

There's classes at Sugarhouse park as well, through TUNA - check their website - they do two classes, one for downhill, one for nordic skiing, they are specific to each kind of skiing.

Last year was the first time I took the class - it was awesome, and helped A LOT with my fitness. They concentrate a lot on balance and core strength, this was extremely beneficiall.

Shan
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Starting my 3rd month of therapy... no better yet.

I switched therapists though. This new guy has a completely different approach. I hope it works!