PDA

View Full Version : Skydive Ogden

rock_ski_cowboy
09-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Well I went skydiving two weeks ago at Skydive Ogden. I can give that place a solid recommendation. I did a tandem dive (everyone is required to for their first several). The instructors are all really experienced and professional, yet a lot of fun. Mine had done around 4500 jumps and gave me an option of doing a gainer or a couple of front flips out of the plane. I opted for a gainer cause it sounded easier. On your first dive you don't really have to do much except jump out and then arch your back, the instructor does everything else. You jump from 13000 feet above ground after circling up above ogden and ogden valley. The free fall lasts around 45 seconds I believe, until you get about 5000 feet above ground or so and then he pulls the chute. He showed me how to pull the handles and we did a few spins. Most people just kind of slide in on their butts for the landing, but the conditions were right for a stand up landing so we did that and it was very soft. I felt kind of sick after I was on the ground, but nothing too bad, I tend to get sick on roller coasters too. Its 150 bones for the dive. 50 bucks more if you want pictures, 60 for a DVD, 80 for both. Schedule ahead.

I'll post a pic or two when i get them developed!

www.skydiveogden.com

rockgremlin
09-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Cool! Someday I'll muster the cahones to do that!

DickHead
09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I hate skydiving operations. That Ogden operation is right in the way of Insturment traffic in and out of SLC. If I had a quarter for every time that ****ing ****er driving that ****ing cessna tried to run into a Boeing, I'd be a rich ******-****er.
:frustrated:
Sorry, its just frustrating. Skydiving operations and 700,000+ aircraft operations a year just don't mix.

rockgremlin
09-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I hate skydiving operations. That Ogden operation is right in the way of Insturment traffic in and out of SLC. If I had a quarter for every time that ****ing ****er driving that ****ing cessna tried to run into a Boeing, I'd be a rich ******-****er.
Sorry, its just frustrating. Skydiving operations and 700,000+ aircraft operations a year just don't mix.

Are you a pilot?

DickHead
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Are you a pilot?

I'm an Air Traffic Controller. I tell pilots where to go and how to get there...so to speak... :lol8:

rockgremlin
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Cool! I assume you've seen the movie Pushing Tin?

Superriffic S*
09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm an Air Traffic Controller. I tell pilots where to go and how to get there...so to speak... :lol8:

Air Traffic Controller, eh? I read an "email study" a few years ago that stated that Dentists and Air Traffic Controllers were at the top of the suicide list. It said dentists because their job is one that people hate participating in.. I mean, who really WANTS to go to the dentist? And, Air Traffic Controllers because of the high stress of being in charge of telling all those planes where to go and the slight chance that a plane could go off course and crash into another plane.

Is that really true or just one of those rumors that float around on the internet?

S*

Glockguy
09-26-2005, 04:38 PM

Air Traffic Controller, eh? I read an "email study" a few years ago that stated that Dentists and Air Traffic Controllers were at the top of the suicide list. It said dentists because their job is one that people hate participating in.. I mean, who really WANTS to go to the dentist? And, Air Traffic Controllers because of the high stress of being in charge of telling all those planes where to go and the slight chance that a plane could go off course and crash into another plane.

Is that really true or just one of those rumors that float around on the internet?

S*

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/msuicide.html

Sombeech
09-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Wow, I didn't know it could get much worse than selling toilets. :lol8:

But I'd love to go skydiving. I've wanted to for about 10 years. I'd have to do it without the wife knowing though.

DickHead
09-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Cool! I assume you've seen the movie Pushing Tin?
Yes. Other than seeing Angelina Jolie's teats, it sucked. Not all that accurate. Thier phraseology blew.

DickHead
09-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Suicides? Its a myth/rumor. Alcoholisim, and marital problems? Barely more than any general sampling of the general public.
High stress? Sure. So is being a Cop when you've got someone at gunpoint or are in a high speed chase. But most of the time its the same old routine....punctuated by moments of sheer terror.

Sombeech
09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Other than seeing Angelina Jolie's teats, it sucked.

Is this true? I didn't know she had any movies with nudity in them...

speaking of skydiving...

Windwalker
09-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Suicides? Its a myth/rumor. Alcoholisim, and marital problems? Barely more than any general sampling of the general public.
High stress? Sure. So is being a Cop when you've got someone at gunpoint or are in a high speed chase. But most of the time its the same old routine....punctuated by moments of sheer terror.

That's true. JamisJockey is right about the bordom. As a small town cop I've spent some of the most boring nights you could ever believe. Then out from no where your up to your neck in trouble and it's all yours .............with no backup. Then it's back to bordom. :frustrated: :rifle: :2gun: :boxing: :bash: :ahhh:

DickHead
09-26-2005, 08:33 PM

speaking of skydiving...

That's affirmative! Its quite the booby shot.....

Superriffic S*
09-27-2005, 09:44 AM

speaking of skydiving...

That's affirmative! Its quite the booby shot.....

She is also nude in "Gia", if you ever see that. I personally think that it is the best film Angelina has ever done. She is both nude and a lesbian in it. My cup of tea, I must admit! No, seriously, she is fantastic in it and she looks incredible and I am not that big of an Angelina fan.

Sombeech
09-27-2005, 06:27 PM
She is both nude and a lesbian in it. My cup of tea, I must admit! No, seriously, she is fantastic in it and she looks incredible

:eek2: does your husband know about this?

Oh yeah, and that skydiving thing, I'd love to do it. :lol8:

Superriffic S*
09-28-2005, 10:07 AM
:eek2: does your husband know about this?

Yes he does and he LOVES it! Didn't I mention that its always a toss up about who my same sex crush is? Either Madonna or Jessica Simpson, can't decide. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I would love to go skydiving too someday if I could just grow some balls.

DickHead
09-28-2005, 05:42 PM
if I could just grow some balls.

But see, then your infatuation with Angelina Jolie wouldn't be nearly as hot, or as interesting....

SaltRider
02-26-2014, 08:49 PM

Hehe, then you're in luck (sort of)! Someone just opened another skydiving center in Salt Lake (http://skydivethewasatch.com) (Nephi, actually) at a much less busy airport. Maybe that will help ease up the traffic in Ogden. Or maybe just piss off your counterpart over there. :mrgreen: