PDA

View Full Version : Whats up

shaggy125
09-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Whats up everyone, so this is where all the cool canyoneers hang out eh? Ben emailed me about his North Wash trip in October and gave the link to his post here. Tonight I was bored and decided to check some of the other postings and realized there are a bunch of TR's and photo's I've been missing out on. If ya'all are interested I've posted a few photo TR's of my own recently. The site I upload my photo's to has a blog posting feature, so I just posted them to that. You can get to them through this link:

http://www.utoutdoors.blogspot.com

Scroll to the very bottom for links to other TR's. Right now I have Kolob, Choprock, Imlay, Pine/Keyhole/Echo, and Heaps. More to come as I get time.

Eric.

rockgremlin
09-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Ya, I check out your blogsite from time to time. You've got some really great pics from Imlay up. That canyon is really difficult to photograph without a tripod. Imlay is very near the top of my favorites list. I haven't done Heaps yet. That final rap scares the $h_t outta me! Aside from that, it looks like a romp though - sorta like Imlay? In your opinion which is more technically challenging - Imlay, Heaps (not counting the final rap), or are they about the same?

rock_ski_cowboy
09-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Heaps or Imlay... Yeah, good question! Price and summers were asking me and I couldn't really give 'em an answer cause I've only done Heaps.
From what I've read, I would guess Heaps is harder, and would be harder hands down if potholes were low. Then again, i don't really know.

shaggy125
09-26-2005, 06:32 PM
For me Heaps was more physically challenging by far, but when I did Imlay I did it at Toms Bake Fest. We did it in a day, so only day packs and 350 feet of rope between 5 people. I followed Tom Talboys through so no routefinding, no guessing how long the canyon would be, no getting lost etc... And the canyon was full of water. It was tough and long compared to most canyons, but not overly tough I didn't think. When Ben and I did Heaps we did it as an overnighter, so we had much heavier packs. We lugged 600 feet of rope split between two people. Neither of us had done the canyon, it rained on us, etc... etc... etc... It was a major workout lugging those heavy packs out of potholes and up log jams. Heaps and Imlay are probably pretty comparable as far as difficulty, but even done in a day I would think Heaps would be slightly harder, but not by a lot. Heaps with empty potholes I think would take quite a bit longer than Imlay with empty potholes, but who knows. Both canyons are really pretty, but Heaps is prettier in my opinion. The big rappel wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, just took us a really long time since neither of us had done such a huge multipitch drop like that.