PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Mountain Bike group ride, 9/25

DickHead
09-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Yes, my birthday is Saturday, and I have a rare weekend off. So I'm going on a miniventure, and leading a ride.
In the Mountain Biking Utah guidebook, page 129, there is a trail named Three Forks/Diamond Fork. Its also listed at Utahmountainbiking.com, but doesn't have the Strawberry Ridge option, which takes the trail into a 24 mile loop. Diamond Fork is located a little ways up Hwy6 out of Spanish Fork.
This isn't a mild ride, with around 3000' of climbing. Plan on 3 or more hours on the trail, depending on ability. Ride at your own pace. I fully intend on enjoying every minute of the ride, stopping frequently to regroup, take down fuel, and enjoy the day.
Meet at 0900 at the trailhead, 9/25. If anyone wants to work out carpools or carvan down, I'll be leaving my house in West Jordan @ 0745. Email me directly.
You can get directions to the trail here
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/threefrk.htm
I will transcribe the mileages from the book before the trip for anyone that needs it.
The weather calls for 55/70 sunny, probably be a bit cool. I suggest bringing appropriate clothing, and some form of lunch.
I'll likely stick around afterwards to wet my flyline in the river.I'd appreciate RSVP's from anyone planning on going, so I know to look for you before stepping off.
I might even have beer on ice for after the ride....

James_B_Wads2000
09-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Sounds like fun. If there is an extra hour added in to allow for skinny diping at the Fifth Water Hot Springs then I am in. It would be a shame to ride right next to them and not give my white ass some sun. :bootyshake:

DickHead
09-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Sounds like fun. If there is an extra hour added in to allow for skinny diping at the Fifth Water Hot Springs then I am in. It would be a shame to ride right next to them and not give my white ass some sun. :bootyshake:

But of course. My white ass doesn't know a hot springs it don't like.

mroy
09-23-2005, 10:52 AM
It's been a while since I was up there, do you know if the road up Diamond Fork has been reopened yet from the water pipeline construction? It could've opened 2 years ago for all I know, but I know the timeline for the closure was very, very long.

DickHead
09-23-2005, 10:57 AM
It's been a while since I was up there, do you know if the road up Diamond Fork has been reopened yet from the water pipeline construction? It could've opened 2 years ago for all I know, but I know the timeline for the closure was very, very long.

Yes, the road is open. I've been fishing up there earlier this year.

DickHead
09-24-2005, 06:04 PM

Are you for sure going? Any other takers?
I need to know by Sunday AM, I might make alternate plans.

BrainDamage
09-24-2005, 08:56 PM
count me out I am in Price right now and just got done with a killer ride today down at the swell

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
09-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Yes, my birthday is Saturday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAN!!!

:twisted: