PDA

View Full Version : What brand of riding shorts do you like?

eddy1911
09-21-2005, 01:18 PM
I currently own a pair of Sugoi baggy shorts and they are working out quite well for me. I have been looking to pick up a second pair of riding shorts. Here has what has caught my eye. Fox High Frequency, Race Face Indy Cargo, and Pearl Izumi Titan.

What shorts do you like? What brands or models have worked for you?

Thanks,

Eddy

Mtnbiker
09-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I've had several pairs of baggies and so far my favorites are the ones I just got from REI - the REI brand Epic short
http://www.rei.com/product/47860756.htm?vcat=REI_SSHP_CYCLING_TOC

I have had shorts with thicker chamois before but these fit better than any others I've had. The others seem to ride up even with the rubberized strips in the liners, but these don't. My favorite feature though has to be the clasp mechanism. It's an adjustable belt that uses a backpack-like buckle and a zipper. no more fiddling with drawstrings with gloves on when you have to use the facilities!

There are also several pockets which I find handy for stashing folded maps or even glasses, etc. me likey.

Plus at $55 they are pretty reasonably priced too, compared to the others.
I don't know if the sale at the REI stores is still on but they are still $55 online. I'm tempted to get another pair.
later!

SprungShoulders
09-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Azonic Rythm's and TLD Moto's. The Azonic's are uber-comfy and (espeically the older ones) very non racer-boy in their graphics. The TLD's are a little longer (which I like for cooler-weather and more DH-only riding) and the fabric a little stiffer and more burly, but they are also surprisingly comfortable. I much prefer them over my Fox 360's for DH'ing. Fox baggies just never fit me well....

BrainDamage
09-21-2005, 11:40 PM
I have been using levi cargo shorts, I I just converted a pair of my old Thor motor cycle pants to MTB bike shorts.

Sombeech
09-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I'm just riding in some thin shorts, that are probably meant as swimming trunks.

:haha:

accadacca
09-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Old Navy cargo shorts.............old school. :lol8:

mroy
09-22-2005, 08:21 AM
The Pearl Izumi liner shorts suck. I ride with the PI Attack's instead of one of their liners & use the PI Otis as a shell.

DickHead
09-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Pearl Izumi all the way.

Hey, you guys should try getting shorts with a Chamois. Once you get an asspad on your shorts you'll never ride without it.

eddy1911
09-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Mike,

What is it that you don't like about the Pearl Izumi chamoi? Their 3D chamoi looks to be about the nicest one I've seen. Is there another chamoi that you like better?

I agree, riding with a chamoi, makes a big difference for comfort.

Eddy

mroy
09-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I like the Pearl Izumi chamois, it's the actual liner shorts I don't like. The first time I wore them, the thread that attaches the waist elastic to the short snapped all over the place and that wouldn't be surprising if I had a huge waist and bought undersized shorts, but they were the right size, they just weren't properly sewn. During "nature breaks" even more threads would snap. So now the elastic is barely hanging on to the short. The gripper elastic on the legs gets uncomfortable after a couple hours as well. The mesh fabric they use doesn't really give a lot of support, and feels like sandpaper compared to their real cycling shorts (which I love), so I pair them with the Otis shell's which I really like as well.

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
09-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I'm just riding in some thin shorts, that are probably meant as swimming trunks.

:haha:

:2thumbs: YEAH, BABY!!!
...SPEEDO-EQUIPPED is how real men shread! :mrgreen:

Sombeech
09-26-2005, 08:00 PM
you got it.

Shan
09-27-2005, 02:23 PM
I only have 2 pairs of baggy shorts. One is by Zoic and the other is by Pearl Izumi. I like the Zoics alot. Once you try the padded bottoms I don't think you could go back!