PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Foot in Mouth Story

rockgremlin
09-16-2005, 12:58 PM
One of the latest posts in the Canyoneering section got me thinking...what's your best foot in mouth experience?

I can't recall my own personal best, but I will recount one that happened to an old friend of mine years ago:

We were just teenagers, and a certain young lady in the neighborhood had the hots for my friend (we'll call her Broomhilda). Well, Broomhilda took to pursuing after my friend - i.e. calling him on the phone, asking him out, etc. My friend didn't have the heart to tell her that he didn't like her (actually he despised her), and every time she called, he would placate her by being cordial, and not trying to be unpleasant in any way. Upon hanging up the phone after every phone conversation he would have with her, he would usually launch into an assault of nasty comments and demeaning names all directed towards her. I recall the very last time she called - it was a typical phone call. He would suffer through about an hour on the phone, being nice and pleasant, then after she said good-bye, he slammed the phone down on the receiver, and launched into one of his famous rants:

"F'in B***h! Why does she call me?! I f'in hate that fat pig! Doesn't she know nobody can stand her?! F'in FAT UGLY B***h!!!!"

...just then we heard a voice coming from the phone yelling one distinct word:

"JERK!!"......click

Apparently the phone had not been placed on the receiver properly, and had not terminated the connection...she had said good-bye, but had not hung up...and consequently heard every single word of my friend's rant.

oops! :wallbash:

Iceaxe
09-16-2005, 02:47 PM
That is your friends "foot in the mouth story". Let's hear yours..... I know ya got one, everyone does....

Anyhoo.... that will give me time to decide what to share with you..... I have so many.....

:five:

rockgremlin
09-16-2005, 03:09 PM
The only one that comes to mind at the moment is when I was just a little kid (about 6 or 7). We had just eaten dinner as a family, and the dessert had been brought out (brownies or something). Anyway, everyone had eaten one portion, and there was one more portion left in the pan. This entire time my mom had been lamenting that "These brownies were so fattening," and they would "make her fat if she ate another," yadda, yadda. Well that last portion ended up in front of my mom, and I REALLY wanted it, so instead of asking her for it, I tried to talk her out of it. I remember it so distinctly. I said "Mom, let me have that last piece. It'll just make you fatter."

If looks could kill, I don't know which member of the family would have been arrested for murder as I received daggers from every direction.

Iceaxe
09-16-2005, 03:18 PM
We were having major problems with a job because of really poor design drawings. So I went to the project engineer to discuss the issue.....

My Question: Did you draw these?

His Reply: No

Me: Good, because these are some of the worst drawings I have ever seen and are the reason this job is so fu**ed up.

Him: My wife drew them.

:five:

rockgremlin
09-16-2005, 03:24 PM
:haha: Youch!!!! :haha:

DickHead
09-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I've got plenty....I save them for campfires and beer.

Wasatch Rebel
09-18-2005, 07:02 AM
For years and years I've tried to be careful about what I say and think it through before I say it, because if I don't I do things like this:

When I was a teenager my family started on trip to Ensenada, Mexico. So I had Ensenda on the brain as I heard this popular novelty son" Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah, Here I am at Camp Granada" only instead of "Camp Grenada" my mind heard "Ensenada". I argued with a friend of mine that this was the line so strongly that finally he said, "OKAY OKAY, IT'S ENSENADA". When I found out later that I was wrong, I felt really stupid.

Nowadays, I try to keep my mouth shut until I"m 100 percent sure, and even that doens't work sometimes.

Shane