PDA

View Full Version : Utes Lose

rockgremlin
09-16-2005, 09:34 AM
So the winning streak finally came to an end yesterday. The Utes lost at TCU in overtime 20 - 23, on a controversial final play by TCU. TCU scored a touchdown on an illegal play (a pick), but the officials never called it. :roll:

TCU can thank the refs for that W...

accadacca
09-18-2005, 12:32 PM
I just got back last night and read the sports. Sounds like there was some controversial calls? So far I have just read the box score and details. I have it recorded and will watch it soon. I was happy to see the overtime and that it was close.

Iceaxe
09-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Utah lost that game long before the final play.

:lame: Coaching

That was a coaching loss. You can't run around TCU's ends, just ask OU and Heismen candidate Adrian Peterson, butt I'll be damned if Utah didn't keep trying for the entire third quarter..... and then the entire fourth quarter.

And all this was with a running back that was used up.

I don't like this new Offisive cordinator and his play calling. Where was the Utah pass? they ran it one time. Where was the middle screen, nobody runs that play better then Utah and it has disappeared from Utah's play calling. Both these plays would have forced TCU to stop sagging back in coverage.

And biggest thing of all...... tell your QB when it's time to run..... again, a coaching error...... BJ could have destroyed them with his legs and forced them to bring a DB out of coverage to mirror him freeing up a reciever.

rockgremlin
09-18-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't like this new Offisive cordinator and his play calling. Where was the Utah pass? they ran it one time. Where was the middle screen, nobody runs that play better then Utah and it has disappeared from Utah's play calling. Both these plays would have forced TCU to stop sagging back in coverage.

And biggest thing of all...... tell your QB when it's time to run..... again, a coaching error...... BJ could have destroyed them with his legs and forced them to bring a DB out of coverage to mirror him freeing up a reciever.

I totally agree, especially the part about BJ not running. One of the things the Utes killed teams with last year was the fact that Alex would run if you gave him the opportunity. And he wouldn't just run a few yards and skid into the sidelines like a pansy - he would run his ass off like a running back.

accadacca
09-22-2005, 08:14 AM
I think the Utes could have their hands full tonight against Air Force. The Falcons always put up a fight to the bitter end. Any score predictions? I need to do some more study before I guess the score. I am bringing a coat this time, I will tell you that! :nod:

GO UTES!!! :ute_helmet:

rockgremlin
09-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I dunno about the final score of tonight's game, but I should have bet on the TCU game -- I predicted TCU would win by 3!!

I predict the Utes will win 31 - 24.

Iceaxe
09-22-2005, 04:18 PM
It will be a 3 point game.... now I just have to figure out for who :roflol:

rockgremlin
09-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow! This is gonna be a high scoring game. It's halftime, and already the score is Utah 31, AF 21 - close to what I predicted the final would be!

Iceaxe
09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
It will be a 3 point game.... now I just have to figure out for who

Sh*****ttttt...... I think I deserve some type of prize :five:

:hail2thechief: