PDA

View Full Version : Adopt a Unit in Iraq

DickHead
09-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Consider this an open letter to the other members, and the forum administrators. In this thread (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=904/) one of our forum members advised his unit is heading to Iraq. I'd like to see how much support there is for adopting this unit. What I'm talking about is sending care packages, support materials, and doing anything else that we can for the members of Dave's unit as necessary. Obviously, before we can do much, we'll need Dave to let us know when he's in country and has an address. I've got other ideas on what we can do for them, and have fun doing it, I'll post those at a later time.

rockgremlin
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
I like the idea! Count me in! :2thumbs:

DickHead
09-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Once I hear back from Dave I'll have a better idea of how many people we're adopting and what thier needs might be. I PM'd him and asked him to notify me when he's in country and can get me the specific information I need.
Being he's a tanker, I figure on probably adopting the platoon.
A tank platoon is usually 3 vehicles and thier crews, so about 12 individuals. I figure its not too big a mountain to climb.
Among my ideas are magazine subscriptions to his unit, a care package party, and I've got a few others bouncing around.

DaveOU812
09-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Well, I'm here. I have an address but I don't have it on me at the moment. Thats really great that you would want to do something like this. :2thumbs: Really it's awsome. On the number of people, I would say 16. A normal platoon is four tanks. I'm in the headquarters platoon so it's alot bigger but there are about 16 of us tankers. These computers over here are afwul. Real slow. I'll post when I can.

accadacca
09-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Well, I'm here. I have an address but I don't have it on me at the moment.
Get your info to Jamis and we can get this thing going. Pronto! :2thumbs:

DaveOU812
09-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Ok, here it is. Cpl. Nelson David J 1st Tank Bn. Bravo Co. Unit 41680 fpo, ap 96426-1680

Windwalker
09-23-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't know any of you personally but I think very highly of you for the support your giving to Davids outfit. I can tell by the Jamis avatar that he's a big prick but we're going to love him anyway for starting this thread. We supported three of our kids at the same time while they did their tours, (all home safe) and right now we have one boy that should be in Iraq with in a week to ten days. Count us in if only for the $$ to one of you so as to help with the buying and shipping. God Bless Ya, Your Good People!

DickHead
09-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Ok, here it is. Cpl. Nelson David J 1st Tank Bn. Bravo Co. Unit 41680 fpo, ap 96426-1680

Okay got it.

DickHead
09-23-2005, 07:25 AM
David,
Get me a list of items that ya'll need or want.
Do you have access to:
Microwaves
DVD Players
VCR's
??????

accadacca
09-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Yeah just let the rest of us know where and when to pony up the money. Dave is my bro and I really appreciate the idea Jamis. You da man........ :2thumbs: Let me know how I can help. Thanks again.

DickHead
09-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah just let the rest of us know where and when to pony up the money. Dave is my bro and I really appreciate the idea Jamis. You da man........ :2thumbs: Let me know how I can help. Thanks again.

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=955

:2thumbs:

DaveOU812
09-28-2005, 11:32 PM
We have access to dvd players. The microwaves I don't think we do. It kinda depends on where we are at the time. Magzines are always good. Stuff to eat. Hygene stuff.

DickHead
10-08-2005, 04:34 PM
All:
I'm still planning on shipping either Tuesday or wednesday. I haven't been to the store yet, but haven't recieved anything dropped off or donated.
I'll mostly be sending food this time. I have a book or two I'll be putting in, too.

accadacca
10-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I have not been able to get to the store yet either. :roll: This last week has really flown by for me. I know what I am going to buy, just haven

DickHead
10-09-2005, 07:44 AM
[quote=accadacca]I have not been able to get to the store yet either. :roll: This last week has really flown by for me. I know what I am going to buy, just haven

Wasatch Rebel
10-10-2005, 04:47 AM
[quote=JamisJockey][quote=accadacca]I have not been able to get to the store yet either. :roll: This last week has really flown by for me. I know what I am going to buy, just haven

DaveOU812
10-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Mens health and mens journal are always favorites out here as well. It's been real busy so I haven't gotten on here much. I got ome sweet pictures of this dam we were living in. I just bought a digital camera too so maybe I can get some pictures on here. I'll see what I can do with my little free time.

DickHead
10-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Shane,
Bring 'em over!
I'll probably shipping wednesday.

DickHead
10-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Shane just dropped off some paperbacks and magazines, and a cash donation for shipping.
:2thumbs:
I've got a small box almost ready to go, and imagine I'll have another one or two going out as well.
Gotta get to walmart tonight or tomorrow.
If anyone wants to just send cash I take paypal
:naughty:

DickHead
10-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey Dave:
Do you guys have Mp3 players? I was thinking we could burn our music and send that so you guys can upload them to your players.

accadacca
10-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey Dave:
Do you guys have Mp3 players? I was thinking we could burn our music and send that so you guys can upload them to your players.
Dave has requested an Ipod and my folks are looking into it. He would then send me some requests and I will load and send it out to him. I could list music that I don't have here and anyone that has it could get it to me. :2thumbs:

My folks heard that they have Ipods for $230 at Costco or some place like that? Or I have heard that they are cheap on ebay? Anyone? Looking for the 20GB....

DickHead
10-11-2005, 12:05 PM
http://electronics.search.ebay.com/ipod-20gb_MP3-Players_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ3QQsacatZ1505 7

Is he specifically after an Ipod, or will another MP3 player do?
20gb is pretty damn good, though.
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=ipod&search_constraint=0&ics=20&ico=0&ref=&search_sort=3
$269 at walmart but has to be ordered online. I guess you could just drop ship it to him in that case.
Be aware, the Ipod is not compatibale with walmart downloads.

DaveOU812
10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
I was lookin for an IPOD specificly because I know how to work it and I know it's compatible with evereyone elses music out here. The 20GB one is awesome. Thats a good idea, the music. No matter what it is, I'm sure someone will enjoy it.