PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Duck Lake

tuffchuck2000
09-12-2005, 07:48 AM
It sounds like a lot of us were up in the Uintas last weekend. The wife and I went up to Crystal Lake trialhead and hiked in past Long lake and weir lake to Duck. We left the car at about 2:00 and there were little piles of hail all over the road and on the sides of the trail. Up Baldy way there was even some genuine snow on the peaks. The thunder all around us was awsome. I love how it echos in the Uintas like that, rolling on and on. It rained on us about half the hike in, we set up camp on the south side of Duck lake, had time to eat our MRE's hike up to fire lake, snap a couple of pics and it started to rain again. It only rained about an hour, but when we went to bed it looked like it was clearing. In the morning it was clear, and soooo pretty. Cold though. The hike out was nice, cold, but get that 50 pound pack on your back (all the extra blankets and stuff just in case it got real cold) and you can sweat even at 60 degrees. A nice little break from the homework and city. We are still trying to figure out this camera, but some of these black and white ones look a lot better then the ones in color because it was so overcast and the natural colors were a little subdued most of the time.

accadacca
09-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Nice shots and report Chuck. A few of us will be in the Wind Rivers by mid week. I cant wait! The Uintas look great!

Sombeech
09-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Nice pictures. Thanks for the report.

rockgremlin
09-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I really like this one:
http://uutah.com/forum/files/uintas_010sm.jpg

Wasatch Rebel
09-19-2005, 05:41 AM
It looks beautiful up there.