PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Wasatch Crest Trail

TreeHugger
09-11-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm definately not as good a biking photographer as some of you - especially with my husband who will rarely stop for photos - pose on a bike?? Forget it! :wink: But here is what I could get on our ride yesterday on the Wasatch Crest Trail. What a blast!! You'll also notice that there isnt a single photo once we started out descent!! Yeeee-Ha!! I aint stoppin' to take pics!! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
09-11-2005, 09:15 PM
You'll also notice that there isnt a single photo once we started out descent!! Yeeee-Ha!! I aint stoppin' to take pics!!

I don't blame you. It's too much fun to cruise down without stopping for pics. Now that I have some of most of the trail, I have no need to stop.

When I'm climbing though, I'll use photography as an excuse to stop. :haha:

Thanks for the report. BTW, did you guys know about the shuttle service? http://www.bikeut.com/

I haven't used it yet, but it would be pretty convenient. I've talked with the owner, and he seems like a good guy.

TreeHugger
09-12-2005, 06:11 AM
yeah, that shuttle sounds great, it's a GREAT idea. We usually just park at the top and ride home from Mill Creek, it's only about 7 miles, then go get the car at our leisure. That works well for us.

greyhair biker
10-04-2005, 08:36 PM
I rode this trail with fourtycal a while back & we took our downhill bikes...I hucked my Rocky Mtn RM9 up & he huffed & puffed up on his Rocky Mtn Switch..'puck hill' indeed! BUT it was well worth the downhill! & yes,we rode the top section...what an awesome trail for speed & good 'ole bombing through the rough stuff!

accadacca
10-04-2005, 09:10 PM
DAMN....I just saw tanners flat on the news. Like 3" of snow up there!!! I need to get to St. George.. :nod:

Sombeech
10-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I need to get to St. George.. :nod:

Yep. Let's start planning our trails.

greyhair biker
10-05-2005, 08:34 AM
snow always bums me out for riding...break out the studded tires...but I've been trying to get fourtycal to do a Fruita trip now for a few years. St. George is a major undertaking for me to get to...that's what I get for moving from SLC to Wy. :frustrated:

Tucker
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Great pics TH! I missed riding that one when I was there in 2004 ...that was the trip I slashed my arm open at Sundance and got a bad infection...I spent the day in the motel room while everyone else rode it.. :angryfire: