PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR - Grand Teton - Pictures

price1869
09-06-2005, 12:44 PM
http://static.flickr.com/28/40868505_1e566d256a_o.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not in Utah. Skip the first couple paragraphs, they're just the drama leading up to the good stuff.

Trip Report

accadacca
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Great read Price. You have to luv the drama. Get the #$%@! OUT!! I luv it man. You are starting to rival the best trip reports on this site. We will call you the yoda of the trip reports. :lol8:
I don't like Red Bull either. I heard someone describe the taste to drinking smarties. I thought it was spot on! :boozer: YUCK!!!

TreeHugger
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Ahhhh, maaaaaaaaan!! I LOVE that!! What a great story and pictures! I did the Grand - the Owens Spalding route as well - a handful of years back and you brought back so many memories.

For me though, it was a little different. I had just started climbing and indeed, had never been on outside rock, let alone a multipitch climb!! I had been climbing in the gym a lot and thought it would be cool to do this. We did it with Exum guides, and our guide, Kevin, is still a friend. Anyway, we did that HUGE hike up to the saddle, and on the way did snow school - learning how to self arrest and all that - there was still quite a bit of snow on the mountain. By the time we got to the saddle, I was exhausted!! Now, keep in mind that I'm from MI at the time, definately a flat lander. So, naturally, I cant sleep a wink because I'm so nervous and excited. We get up at 3:00 am, eat, and head out. It was freakin' AWESOME!! I loved that route!! and the feeling I got on top of that mountain is indescribable! wow. I'll never forget it as long as I live! For me, at that time, it was an amazing accomplishment! Then, of course, a looooooooooooonnnnngggg downclimb/hike to the bottom and, yes, straight to the brew pub!! :-)

Since then I've climbed other routes in the Tetons but havent been back on top.

Congrats! I LOVE THE TETONS!

accadacca
09-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I looked up the elevation of the Tetons and it said 13770. Is that the highpoint of your hike? THIS looks like a mother hike: http://americasroof.com/wy.shtml The highest point in WY. :eek2:

Sombeech
09-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Nice job, price! That's certainly another notch in your belt. Great pics.

BTW, how was the weather around 10,000 feet? We'll be there (wind rivers) next week with our fishing poles for 3 nights (plus one at the trailhead). Temp still in the 70's atleast?

price1869
09-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Let's see,

Yeah, the elevation of the Grand Teton is 13770 exactly. I know it's not the tallest peak in WY. I've never really checked out the other one. It's just the tallest in the Teton range, and I needed to check it off.

The weather around 10k' was not too bad. As long as the same stuff sticks around, you should be fine. Are there some pretty good climbs in the wind rivers. I've never even been there, but the pictures are amazing.

Price

Sombeech
09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Cool. Yeah, I hope it stays good. We won't be doing much climbing, maybe 800 feet at the most.

It will be a short 5 mile hike in, and hopefully some great fishing and photography.