PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to right now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Black Mage
09-02-2005, 07:07 PM
That's right, this thread's prupose in life is Post +1. Every forum needs one. :2thumbs:

I'll start...

Ring now I am listening to Crimson Rider by Masterplan.

Yes, I enjoy the cheesy German metal.

Post +1

Udink
09-02-2005, 07:19 PM
At this exact moment, the song "Greatest Hits" by Sublime is playing in Winamp on my computer. My current playlist is way too large to post here (1,282 songs). I've actually got 2,359 MP3s on my machine, but only about half of them are worth listening to on an ongoing basis.

Windwalker
09-02-2005, 07:40 PM
At the moment it's George Strate & Randy Travis. Later on it'll be Jim Reeves, Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, and ""Don Williams."" (consider the age difference Lads) I even enjoy Enya. A couple months ago we found a "CCR" cassett tape in a geo-cache west of Nephi that we play over and over. I still love the tunes from my teens.

fourtycal
09-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Right now I am listening to America, Lonely People, on record. I bought it at the DI a month ago for a buck then it cost me another 80 bucks for a turntable to play it. :mrgreen:

accadacca
09-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Sportsradio 1280 The Zone - The University of Utah post game show.

Utes 27 Wildcats 24
:utes5:

TreeHugger
09-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Nothing.

:D

Lehi
09-04-2005, 02:12 PM
The Crimson, By atreyu. Bleeding mascara is another good one.

DickHead
09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Blues clues opening theme. If you don't understand, then you don't have a two year old
:roflol:

crazy horse
09-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Right now its Ben Harper's Live In France Album

Udink
09-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Blues clues opening theme. If you don't understand, then you don't have a two year old
Was it one of the episodes with Steve, or Joe? I also have a two-year old (plus a four-year old), and they perfer Joe. I like Steve better--at least he has his own website (http://www.steveswebpage.com/). :rockon:

accadacca
09-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah I know it! :lol8: Lately its Bugs Life & The Brave Little Toaster over and over and over.

rabiddog
09-05-2005, 09:36 AM
lynard skynard "sweet home alabama" right now.

next i'm gonna pop in zz top's greatest hits. i guess im a classic rock guy!

Black Mage
09-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Headbanger's Ballroom by Masterplan (again)

Power Metal +1

Shan
09-06-2005, 09:44 AM
ACDC's "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" just came on as I opened this.

accadacca
09-06-2005, 10:13 AM
ACDC's "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" just came on as I opened this.
:guitar: :headbang:

Superriffic S*
09-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Right now at this moment in time I am listening to "contact" by The Police.

Love them!

crazy horse
09-06-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm listening to "I Want to Conquer the World" by Bad Religion. I love good punk rock

Black Mage
09-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Come Fly With Me, by Michael Bubl

ChiefAutoParts
09-10-2005, 04:34 PM
My coworker blabbing on and on and on to customers about the in's and out's of features on a cell phone that they will NEVER use or need to know. This psycho-babble is driving me crazy. :nono:

Sombeech
09-10-2005, 05:59 PM
My coworker blabbing on and on and on to customers about the in's and out's of features on a cell phone that they will NEVER use or need to know. This psycho-babble is driving me crazy. :nono:

Ha! funny.

Tell me something, I understand the phone can take pictures, video, download songs, pay my bills, shave my face every morning, fill my car up with gas, give my wife appropriate attention :blahblah: ... BUT, can it make a phone call without cutting out?

I have the worst reception with my phone. VERIZON. I've got the flip phone too. It's a tempermental piece of s**t. I've got it all taped up into one piece.

I'm almost out of my 2 year contract. I think when I'm done, I'm going to have a party like it's a mission homecoming. That's what I feel like. I'm too old to serve another mission. 2 years is too long. I'm looking at those "pay as you go" phones.

(BTW, in my truck I have my very first AC/DC album I've ever owned- Back in Black on those old white tapes. It's got sentimental value, so THAT'S what I'm listening to :rockit: )

Tell me something, can you keep your same phone number with those phones?

ChiefAutoParts
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM

Ha! funny.

Tell me something, I understand the phone can take pictures, video, download songs, pay my bills, shave my face every morning, fill my car up with gas, give my wife appropriate attention :blahblah: ... BUT, can it make a phone call without cutting out?

I have the worst reception with my phone. VERIZON. I've got the flip phone too. It's a tempermental piece of s**t. I've got it all taped up into one piece.

I'm almost out of my 2 year contract. I think when I'm done, I'm going to have a party like it's a mission homecoming. That's what I feel like. I'm too old to serve another mission. 2 years is too long. I'm looking at those "pay as you go" phones.

(BTW, in my truck I have my very first AC/DC album I've ever owned- Back in Black on those old white tapes. It's got sentimental value, so THAT'S what I'm listening to :rockit: )

Tell me something, can you keep your same phone number with those phones?

Well, I can tell you the answer we give to customers all the live-long day, or I can tell you the truth. I have stared giving customers my version of the truth where I really don't sugar-coat anything and just watch their reactions. I usually end up telling them something to the effect of "that it would probably be to their advantage to "pony-up" and just pay the early cancellation fee if you feel that our service is so bad." In some cases, it really is and people will pay it. :ne_nau:
To answer other questions, the pay as you go type things are still pretty spendy when compared to what you pay for and what you get with a contracted phone. Right now, Verizon is rumored to have a little-known clause in their contracts with their customers right now that will allow a customer currently under contract to be released out of their contract WITHOUT paying the early cancellation fee. PM or email me if you want more details.
In general, 99% of the time, you can keep your current phone number and do what's called a "port" ( to another provider, ) thereby allowing you to keep your same cell number with a different cell provider. Your service with the current provider must be active and not cancelled so that the new service provider can complete the process. You don't have to do anything but keep your phone number active.
Hope this helps. I'm out...

nitmik
09-30-2005, 08:03 AM
I'm listening to the new black eyed pees cd, It's preety good

Superriffic S*
09-30-2005, 10:50 AM

Is that good? My sister has been wating to bring her cd over to itune it and put onto her ipod, but hasn't as of yet. I am curious to know if it's good or not. I LOVED their first album, but you always wonder about the second, if will be up to par.

nitmik
09-30-2005, 11:32 AM

Is that good? My sister has been wating to bring her cd over to itune it and put onto her ipod, but hasn't as of yet. I am curious to know if it's good or not. I LOVED their first album, but you always wonder about the second, if will be up to par.

I really like it, it has that song "my humps" makes me laugh all the time. I hate buying cd's and this is one that I even bought.

accadacca
09-30-2005, 11:39 AM

I really like it, it has that song "my humps" makes me laugh all the time. I hate buying cd's and this is one that I even bought.
Yeah a girl at work here keeps raving about it. Younger crowd I guess.....or I ain't hip. :ne_nau:

DaveOU812
10-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Alot of country for me. Sitting around playing cards with speakers on. I think I'm the only one who listens to metal.

Sombeech
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I think I'm the only one who listens to metal.

Really? I would actually think there's a lot more metal going around there.

I know that's all I would listen to if I were where you are.

Right now, Verizon is rumored to have a little-known clause in their contracts with their customers right now that will allow a customer currently under contract to be released out of their contract WITHOUT paying the early cancellation fee.

Hmm, interesting. You know, I may look into that, but my 2 year contract ends in about 3 months. I think I'll just spend the remainder of that time carefully studying the different services out there, and the phones.

I'm done with flip phones! I've had 2 of them, and they start to fall apart on me. Sure they're small, and I LOOK REALLY IMPORTANT while talking on them, but I'm going back to the "no moving parts" phone.

Chief, you're selling AT&T, right?

greyhair biker
10-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Just put in the new Dave Mathews Band CD Stand Up - IT ROCKS!! :rockon:

crazy horse
10-27-2005, 08:11 PM
I freaking love Dave Matthews. That new cd is most definately awesome too, especially songs like American Baby and Out of My Hands, those are my personal favorites off that album.

greyhair biker
10-28-2005, 06:18 AM
I can't believehow well they gel together...there's not a bad lick on the CD :nod:

James_B_Wads2000
10-28-2005, 08:22 AM
I can't stop listening to the new Gorillaz, Demon Days album

James

accadacca
11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
I have my iTunes fired up with Alice in Chains "Jar Of Flies

I just loaded about 4GB of stuff to my notebook. :2thumbs:

accadacca
11-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Van Halen - Fair Warning

DLR is the best! :guitar: :drums: :headbang:

greyhair biker
11-17-2005, 08:35 PM
I hear ya - I just can't get into sammy van hagar..Roth rocks :rockon:

DirkHammergate
11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - Cold Roses disk 2.

Its a beautiful tragedy...

DirkHammergate
11-18-2005, 04:14 PM

50 bucks 3/4rds of this board just thought I said "Bryan Adams".....

Sombeech
11-18-2005, 07:52 PM

Guilty :oops:

rockgremlin
11-25-2005, 01:22 PM

Not me. I knew you wouldn't be the type to go there...or at least admit to it.

Lately I've been on a real Satriani kick. I'm thinking about going out and acquiring the four ablums of his that I DON'T have - Is There Love In Space?, Crystal Planet, Strange Beautiful Music, and Engines of Creation.

accadacca
11-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Lately I've been on a real Satriani kick. I'm thinking about going out and acquiring the four ablums of his that I DON'T have - Is There Love In Space?, Crystal Planet, Strange Beautiful Music, and Engines of Creation.
I have been listening to his "Live in San Francisco" album this morning. The song House Full of Bullets from the Crystal Planet album......ROCKS!!!!

This live in SF album is really good! :rockon:

price1869
11-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Iron and Wine. :2thumbs:

Wasatch Rebel
11-30-2005, 06:06 AM
I don't often listen to music when on the computer, but when I do, it's to my WinAmp list, which has everything from Deep Purple and Yes, to James Taylor and Dwight Yoakam.

icthys
11-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Paul van Dyk - The other side (Deep Dish Remix)

Holy smokes this song rips!

DirkHammergate
12-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Johnny Cash - Live from Folsom Prison

...cotton is down to a quarter a pound and I'm busted...

DirkHammergate
12-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Any you idiots like Neil Young? If nobody does I'm asking an admin to revoke my membership.... I won't be associated with any functionally illiterate "music" lovers.

Sombeech
12-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Any you idiots like Neil Young?

I'm listening to Angus and Malcolm Young. Double the pleasure. :rockon:

accadacca
12-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Any you idiots like Neil Young?
Yup, the guy has been around the block.
http://www.rikksrevues.com/neil_young_performance.jpg

Windwalker
12-04-2005, 11:06 PM
It's midnight, can't sleep, lying on the couch with my laptop and all I can hear is "Total Silence with an occasional pop from the wood burning in the stove". I didn't know "total silence" could be produced any more. The last time I experienced this much "quiet" was camping out on the desert. I Love It!

Sombeech
12-05-2005, 06:50 AM
I wish I was listening to silence this morning.

crazy horse
12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah this morning i got to listen to the sound of my flat front tire as i prayed the car would make it back home...that was pleasant

Sombeech
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah this morning i got to listen to the sound of my flat front tire as i prayed the car would make it back home...that was pleasant

OH! Been there. Except I was driving my '79 Pinto (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265) up to school. Right as I turned on to campus, I get a flat. Everybody's staring because of the sound it's making, only to see an idiot in a button down shirt and slacks, driving a flippin' Pinto. I had another 300 yards to make it to the parking lot as well.

I left it there with a flat as I went to class, dreading the whole time how I was going to have to change it in my nice clothes. Oh, it was raining also. Good thing LeRoy was there to help me out.

Black Mage
12-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Rhyme of the Remittance Man, by Amadan.

God I love celtic rock!

Edit: ^ Huh?

nitmik
12-06-2005, 03:11 PM
That word is even censored on this site, hahahahahahahaha too funny :roflol:

Sombeech
12-06-2005, 08:22 PM
New Disturbed. Ten Thousand Fists.

I became more of a fan of these guys when I saw them live, :rockon: on something like MTV's "The rock never stops" tour. Or was it another name?

They opened for Stone Temple Pilots and Godsmack.

Disturbed is getting into guitar solos now. I love how "real" metal is making a comeback. You can always tell by the guitar solos.

BTTAndy
12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Right now its Queensryche on WRIF. You can listen too at www.wrif.com . They got HD Radio

rockgremlin
01-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Just picked up another really great Joe Satriani album - Strange Beautiful Music. Another must have for all you Satch fans. Hey Acca - I know you're gonna want a piece of this! I should bring it by sometime.

LJ
01-04-2006, 02:39 PM

Guilty :oops:

Me too! Started to change my opinion of you - not saying for the better or worse........

PunchKing
01-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Some wierd Remixes that I stole off the Internet.

Don't look down on me no one would pay for these things. :lame:

LJ
01-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I think I'm the lamest - listening to the soundtrack to "Herwig and the Angry Inch". What a bad/strange movie but love some of the songs.

accadacca
01-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Just picked up another really great Joe Satriani album - Strange Beautiful Music. Another must have for all you Satch fans. Hey Acca - I know you're gonna want a piece of this! I should bring it by sometime.
Yup, I need that one. Give me a call. I am getting a new mac (powerbook) soon tho. I hope all this shiz converts? :ne_nau:

goofball
01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
whatever the song is called. but its alicia keys ! :feelgood:

accadacca
01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
whatever the song is called. but its alicia keys ! :feelgood:
Yeah, sorry gals but this is how men think. I HATE country! :puke:
But let me tell you, when I am flippin' channels and that Shania Twain is on a video...... :slobber1: Sometimes I just mute and watch.... :jump_nutt:

dbessee
01-05-2006, 01:03 PM
CSN - Cathedral, Souther Cross
Heart - Your te Voice, Black on Black, The Road Home, Ring Them Bells
Eagles - Get Over It, Hotel California
Scorpions - Winds of Change, Send Me An Angel

There's more on the MP3 player but that where I'm at now...

greyhair biker
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I've been a bit homesick for the islands lately so I put in HAPA Collection, HAPA Maui, and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...cool braddah! :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
01-05-2006, 05:03 PM
I've been a bit homesick for the islands lately so I put in HAPA Collection, HAPA Maui, and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...cool braddah! :2thumbs:

Did you grow up on the islands?

greyhair biker
01-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Depends on how you look at it. My first 'tour' was working for Maui Land & Pineapple planting pineapples for a summer...after that I got 'the bug' and have gone back for years. I've lived on Maui and revisited it several times. I've been to Kauai three times, Oahu many, and the big island once. We tend to head there every year.

rockgremlin
01-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Hawaii is a beautiful place. I went there on a family vacation years ago. We hit the Big Island (Hilo), Oahu (Honolulu), and Kauai. While there we hit the Polynesian Cultural Center, and the black sand beaches, and also stopped and checked out a lava flow as it engulfed a part of the main highway.

What blew me away was how friendly the locals are to all the Haoles. We would be driving down the road, and locals would stop in the middle of whatever it was they were doing and wave at us. Kinda reminds me of all the pictures on the Jehova's Witness newsletters.

greyhair biker
01-06-2006, 05:55 AM
I've looked at buying property...a condo or something for several years now and most of the locals are great. Of course there are those that don't like us Haolies but oh well, the Hawaiian people are great otherwise.

accadacca
07-19-2006, 01:58 PM
I thought I would bring this one up from the dead. Hands to chest, push, push, push and its alive again....yes we have a pulse.

I have been listening to this album or albums for the last 3 days. If you haven't seen these guys live....well what a party and man can they play.:rockon:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9407/zztop0en.jpg

Link to the goods (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/samples/B000002LD4/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/102-1789652-0202501?ie=UTF8#disc_1)

RedMan
07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Crickets chirping and my wind chimes, occsionally interrupted by the Coyotes.

moabfool
07-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Pink Floyd for a couple days now. Syd Barrett RIP.

wojo342
07-20-2006, 06:51 AM
the soundtrack to "Oh Brother Where Art Thou." (Weird huh?)

erial
07-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Gamblin' Man by Lonnie Donegan on Pandora.

rock_ski_cowboy
07-20-2006, 09:47 AM
my current work playlist consists of:
AFI
Alice In Chains
Angels and Airwaves
Ben Folds
Coheed and Cambria
Coldplay
The Cure
Good Charlotte
Incubus
The Killers
A New Found Glory
The Postal Service
Radiohead

marc olivares
07-20-2006, 10:07 AM
so aside from Benny, doesnt anyone else here listen to music from this decade? :roflol:
nothing makes me feel older than to listen to old music.

in addition to what Ben listed, i will add:

wolf parade
autolux
arcade fire
i can make a mess like nobodys business
built to spill
kasabian
jenny lewis
snow patrol

Sombeech
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Children of Bodom

James_B_Wads2000
07-20-2006, 03:57 PM
I've been listening to podcasts of Radio West on KUER. It's been awhile since I have listened and now I need to catch up on my Doug.

Water Rights in the Snake Valley, Prosecuting Polygamy, the Wal-Mart Effect and Washington County grow plan now that

moabfool
07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
so aside from Benny, doesnt anyone else here listen to music from this decade? :roflol:
nothing makes me feel older than to listen to old music.

I have some Yellowcard and Fall Out Boy in my playlist. I own two Yellowcard CD's and three Fall Out Boy CD's. It's pretty good stuff, but I don't find it totally listenable. Can anyone explain why Yellowcard has a fiddle? :ne_nau: They're a rock band. There aren't fiddles in rock 'n roll.

The fact is that I may be listening to some of today's bands in 10 years, but I will be listening to Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, and Ozzy in 10 years. The music has staying power. I don't think that can be said for much of today's music.

The best end-to-end listenable CD I've bought in the last couple months is Stadium Arcadium by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. There's only one song that I really don't like now that I've given it time to grow on me. Not bad for a two CD set of all-new music.

rock_ski_cowboy
07-21-2006, 12:13 PM
I have some Yellowcard and Fall Out Boy in my playlist. I own two Yellowcard CD's and three Fall Out Boy CD's. It's pretty good stuff, but I don't find it totally listenable. Can anyone explain why Yellowcard has a fiddle? :ne_nau: They're a rock band. There aren't fiddles in rock 'n roll.

OK well in my opinion neither Yellowcard nor Fall Out Boy has that much "staying power"-- it isn't stuff you will want to listen to after a few months. It seems like their stuff, like many other bands, is cool for a few months and then it just gets kinda tired and old. As far as the fiddle goes, i think its a gimmick, a brand, a uniquifier-- and its kind of neat in some of their songs. I went to a Yellowcard concert (free at the U a few months back) and their fiddle player reminded me of Billy Ray Cyrus. I thought he was a ridiculous clown, as musicians go. IMHO.

Of all the musicians I really like, the only albums I really like to listen to end to end are from AFI (Sing the Sorrow is still easily my favorite album of this decade and their new one may top it, but i need to give it a few months and see how i feel) and Smashing Pumpkins and maybe Radiohead. Other bands I really like (Incubus, Ben Folds, the Cure, among others) have some awesome songs I love, and some that I never listen to.

A lot of the music that I consistently like for a long time to come isn't really catchy at all at first, and is pretty far from the mainstream sounds and chords the radio seems to dwell on. I assume its the same way with other people's favorites.

accadacca
07-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Anyone bought the new Pearl Jam album? I thought I was done with them and then I heard a single on the radio. It sounded pretty good! My sister and her husband just saw them in Vegas and said they sounded great.

James_B_Wads2000
10-30-2006, 08:58 AM
I can't stop listening to the new Killers alblum, Sam's Town. I bought it at Best Buy and it came with an extra CD with two bonus songs. They are just as good if not better than the songs on the regular CD.

James

Sombeech
10-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Dethklok

savanna3313
10-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Best of Spirit (only the old folk will most likely know this one) :moses:

:toker:

moabfool
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I've been addicted to "Holes To Heaven" by Jack Johnson for the past couple days. I think it's becoming one of my hippie road trip songs. Favorite lyric, "The bulls were running wild because they're big and mean and sacred."

asdf
10-31-2006, 05:59 AM
Propaghandi
Bela Fleck
Daivd Grisman
Jurassic Five - Feedback

strange line up, but this is currently my favorite playlist :nod:

Windwalker
10-31-2006, 09:57 AM
The kids in the school playground, it recess time. Some of those little voices can carry right past my brick walls. Only to be interupted by the police scanner. For a little poor county we sure have our share of problems.

Gawd I've got to get back to living. Perfect weather outside and I'm in here pounding on a keyboard....... :compthrow:

greyhair biker
11-01-2006, 11:20 PM
INXS - LIVEBABYLIVE classic!! - just put it in...

Sombeech
11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
...listening to my co-worker ask what's wrong with his email. And then I go push the CAPS LOCK button.

....good thing I got my college degree.

Windwalker
11-02-2006, 08:54 AM
...listening to my co-worker ask what's wrong with his email. And then I go push the CAPS LOCK button.

Sombeach,

According to "Kerry" it's a good thing you got that "college degree" or you would be in "Iraq."

savanna3313
11-02-2006, 09:38 AM

Sombeach,

According to "Kerry" it's a good thing you got that "college degree" or you would be in "Iraq."

:frustrated: How infuriating was that statement!!??? I'm surprised no one has responded back to him that he must have been an uneducated dumbass himself since his butt ended up in Viet Nam.

:soapbox:

It's insulting in so many ways. There are many kids who join the military so they can get a proper education because they can't afford to pay for it on their own. They exchange a very valuable service for the education they receive. They should be praised and honored, even if you don't believe in the war. :2thumbs:

stefan
11-02-2006, 10:30 AM
:frustrated: How infuriating was that statement!!??? I'm surprised no one has responded back to him that he must have been an uneducated dumbass himself since his butt ended up in Viet Nam.

It's insulting in so many ways. There are many kids who join the military so they can get a proper education because they can't afford to pay for it on their own. They exchange a very valuable service for the education they receive. They should be praised and honored, even if you don't believe in the war. :2thumbs:

well, savanna, it begs the question why everyone has taken his comment so seriously and looked into it far deeper than his original intentions. it seem that they are obliviously missing the point of the comment, forgetting full well what he himself has been through.

we like drama, this is simply drama. http://209.85.48.9/2326/53/emo/yawn.gif

ps. sorry if my comment is cold, i am not in the best mood ... i just got out of emergency oral surgery
... and i unfortunately lost a tooth in the process http://209.85.48.11/6303/24/emo/surprised.gifhttp://209.85.48.11/6303/24/emo/no.gifhttp://209.85.48.11/6303/24/emo/smcry.gif

accadacca
11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Black Sabbath - War Pigs

:rockon:

savanna3313
11-02-2006, 10:35 AM

well, savanna, it begs the question why everyone has taken his comment so seriously and looked into it far deeper than his original intentions. it seem that they are obliviously missing the point of the comment, forgetting full well what he himself has been through.

we like drama, this is simply drama. http://209.85.48.9/2326/53/emo/yawn.gif

ps. sorry if my comment is cold, i am not in the best mood ... i just got out of emergency oral surgery
... and i unfortunately lost a tooth in the process http://209.85.48.11/6303/24/emo/surprised.gifhttp://209.85.48.11/6303/24/emo/no.gifhttp://209.85.48.11/6303/24/emo/smcry.gif

Hope you feel better soon. Dental work sucks!

Basically, it is *much ado about nothing* I suppose, but it seems that Kerry - of all people - should've thought better before he spoke. It's just one more thing for politicians to feed on during this election time. I'm not much of a fan of either party these days.

:popcorn:

greyhair biker
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
They're all an embarrasment to the male gender, which seems to be doing all the screwing up - Be true to your values and have a bit of integrity for crapsakes... :soapbox: :flag: :roll:

greyhair biker
11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
..sorry, wrong thread eh...I'll go change cd's :haha:

TreeHugger
11-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Nirvana - Unplugged in New York

tanya
11-03-2006, 03:06 PM

Oh no! You need TLC!!!!!!! :feelgood: ~hugs~

dbessee
11-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Erythmics "When Tomarrow Comes". The problem with browsing on a PDA is that it'll take three songs to write this reply...

R
11-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Mussorgsky: Pictures At An Exhibition - 14. The Hut On Fowls' Legs

greyhair biker
11-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Dont laugh but - contemporary flamenco guitar...awesome stuff....TOLD you I was diverse :ne_nau:

Sombeech
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm surprised no one has responded back to him that he must have been an uneducated dumbass himself since his butt ended up in Viet Nam.

Well, he "apologized". But, he's sorry that his joke wasn't funny, not that his point was offensive. Anyways, here's how some soldiers responded:

marc olivares
11-06-2006, 11:52 AM
just got the latest from THE EVENS mailed to me from Dischord records on saturday. for all you Ian Mackaye fans out there....this one is by far his most mature. good stuff :2thumbs:

http://www.dischord.com/store?action=showRel&relNumber=160

Sombeech
12-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Gears of War -- Megadeth (New stuff :cool2: )

asdf
12-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Dischord records on saturday. for all you Ian Mackaye fans out there....this one is by far his most mature. good stuff :2thumbs:

http://www.dischord.com/store?action=showRel&relNumber=160

:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:

HEADHUNTER
12-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Old stuff from the early 80's - Metallica - Kill Em All. Put it on my kid's MP3 player last week - wife wasn't overly thrilled - but oh well.

greyhair biker
12-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Audioslave - Out of Exile - and Audioslave - Revelations..
Chris Cornell is awesome!

tanya
12-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Silent Night... almost 8am and all kids are still sleeping on Christmas morning. :lol8: I bet most of you did not get to sleep in.

accadacca
12-25-2006, 06:57 PM
My 4 year old son and his new toys! :lol8: I can handle the 8 month old, his toys haven't been as noisy. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah baby :2thumbs:

Linky (http://www.liopa.com/user/Motley%20Crue%20-%20Kickstart%20My%20Heart.mp3)

Sombeech
12-26-2006, 02:24 PM

Linky (http://www.liopa.com/user/Motley%20Crue%20-%20Kickstart%20My%20Heart.mp3)

I was just listening to that on the radio.

Trivia question: What event is this song about?

tanya
12-26-2006, 02:34 PM

I was just listening to that on the radio.

Ummmm.. you guys are more wild than I thought :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Anther favorite I think Tanya will like....

Linky (http://217.75.140.69/files/mp3/mp3/80s/Warrant%20-%20Cherry%20Pie.mp3)

Sombeech
12-26-2006, 03:03 PM

I LOVE that song. 80's rock, gotta love it.

tanya
12-26-2006, 03:06 PM

Ummmmmmmm....

Sweet :five:

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 03:11 PM

Ya ain't going to ruin the song and tell me gay love are ya :haha:

tanya
12-26-2006, 03:15 PM

:afro: :cold:

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 03:22 PM
How about a little Crew....

...NSFW....

http://tinyurl.com/t2ukj

Sombeech
12-26-2006, 03:27 PM

Only if you want to.

It's actually about Mick Mars when they had to put the defibrillator on him to revive him.

tanya
12-26-2006, 03:32 PM
How about a little Crew....

...NSFW....

http://tinyurl.com/t2ukj

Extreme! :eek2:

Iceaxe
12-26-2006, 03:59 PM
:lol8:

Linky (http://www.badcode.net/tdl/rollbar/musik/05%20Baby%20Got%20Back.mp3)

tanya
12-26-2006, 04:06 PM
:lol8:

Linky (http://www.badcode.net/tdl/rollbar/musik/05%20Baby%20Got%20Back.mp3)

Now you are talking my kind of music!

I FeEl LiKe DaNcIn'

:rockon: :guitar: :roll_lol: :hitit: :party:

greyhair biker
12-27-2006, 09:57 AM
although I love 80's metal rock....the Crew rocks....I have really gotten into Chris Cornell lately...SoundGarden, Audioslave....awesome hard hitting bass lines and drums...GOTTA love it :rockon:

Iceaxe
12-27-2006, 10:23 AM
You guys really need to figure out how to find music on the web and provide LINKS so I can hear some of your tunes.

I posted this once before.... but if you want to find MP3's on unprotected servers just enter this string into your google search bar

-inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:"index of" mp3 "ACDC"

You can experiment with the last text sting and get differnet results
"AC-DC"
"AC DC"

Iceaxe
12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Some Chrissy C

Linky (http://www.melon.dolsat.pl/Chris%20Cornell%20-%20Can_t%20Change%20Me.mp3)

greyhair biker
12-27-2006, 11:33 AM
COOL - Illl give it a shot when i get a minute :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
12-27-2006, 11:13 PM
http://www.mp3sugar.com/audioslave/out-of-exile-a28447/ heres a link...awesome stuff!

accadacca
01-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies

http://www.rocklyricsonline.com/bands/aliceinchains/aliceinchains2.jpg

greyhair biker
01-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine...the whole CD is great

basilone0331
01-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Led Zepplin - Rock and Roll, which of course has to be as loud as possible.

Cirrus2000
01-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine...the whole CD is great
Agreed - all these years later, it still rocks. Always takes me back to cruising around in my Spitfire (RIP)

For me, it's an mp3 disc with a mix of new & old things like:

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open (Chasing Cars (http://www.hi.is/~hmg2/Eyes%20Open/03%20-%20Chasing%20Cars.mp3))
Rammstein - Reise, Reise (Stein um Stein (http://homepages.dangerous-minds.net/dsl444/Rammstein%20-%20Reise%20Reise/Rammstein%20-%2009%20-%20Stein%20um%20Stein.mp3))
Vandals - Live Fast, Diarrhea
Dead Kennedys - Frankenchrist (Jockorama (http://deadkennedys.com/mp3s/DeadKennedys_JockORama.mp3))
Best of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong

Rev. Coyote
01-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Railroad Earth
New Riders of the Purple Sage (they're touring again, and the road manager is an old friend)
The Seldom Scene
Robert Randolph (rocks beyond compare)
The Codetalkers
Donna the Buffalo

and any Dead-related substance...

shanehadman
01-29-2007, 08:25 AM
I am listening to the BEACH BOYS 'sounds of summer'

KillEmAll
01-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Led Zepplin - Rock and Roll, which of course has to be as loud as possible.

Amen. :2thumbs:

chromehead58
01-29-2007, 02:53 PM
bob marley from the vaults 1

DiscGo
01-29-2007, 06:46 PM
I usually have the TV on in the background, but I am currently listening to Bob Dylan.

chickenlicken
01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Just loaded up the ipod with some Monkees, but I'm currently listening to RUSH greatest hits 1974-1987. :rockon:

KillEmAll
01-29-2007, 07:54 PM
My new baby crying.

:wallbash:

asdf
01-30-2007, 08:10 AM
My new baby crying.

aw man...
My second is due any moment now! Our first child never cried at all so i guess i am due for a really loud baby :frustrated:

accadacca
01-30-2007, 08:14 AM
My new baby crying.

aw man...
My second is due any moment now! Our first child never cried at all so i guess i am due for a really loud baby :frustrated:
Bloody hell!! Don't get me started on crying babies. Our 8 month old has had ear infections, but mainly he just likes boobs. I can relate, I guess. I have had to put my ear phones in on a couple occasions lately. I hear lots of loud crying and my wife swearing like a sailor at all hours of the night. :lol8:

asdf
01-30-2007, 08:17 AM
http://www.myspace.com/hayseeddixie

Somebeech should love this, AD/DC covered bluegrass style.

tanya
01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
My new baby crying.

One of mine cried a lot! --- After many, many, many Doctor visits we found out she had a food intolerance to milk and soy. She was breast fed, but it was the bottles here and there my hubby gave her that got to her. Once we figured it out.. no more crying. I some sort of intolerance is not the problem (although this the cause of many baby problems) ... Try taking a bath with baby.... holding baby on top of the dryer..... running the vacuum...... Those are the things I can think of that helped for us...

packfish
01-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Quadrophenia

chickenlicken
01-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Quadrophenia

WHO?

Rev. Coyote
01-31-2007, 11:39 AM
One of mine cried a lot! --- After many, many, many Doctor visits we found out she had a food intolerance to milk and soy. She was breast fed, but it was the bottles here and there my hubby gave her that got to her. Once we figured it out.. no more crying. I some sort of intolerance is not the problem (although this the cause of many baby problems) ... Try taking a bath with baby.... holding baby on top of the dryer..... running the vacuum...... Those are the things I can think of that helped for us...[/color]

Benedryl works well, too. Any mild sedative.

greyhair biker
02-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Casino Royale soundtrack..( yeah, what a geek) and Sarah Brightman DIVA..(married to Andrew Lloyd Webber)...I like women singers...what can I say.

nefarious
02-05-2007, 10:14 PM
KoRn-Take A Look In The Mirror

jfeiro
03-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Willin'..........Little Feat

Rev. Coyote
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Willin'..........Little Feat

Hell yeah! "Weeeeeeed, whites and wine...."

Sombeech
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
AC/DC For Those About to Rock.

gonzo
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Wilco Live at the 9:30 Club
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6262709

Udink
03-12-2007, 12:42 PM
At the moment, I've got a bunch of MP3s on shuffle in Winamp from AC/DC, Nirvana, Queen, Soundgarden, A Perfect Circle, The Specials, The Scorpions, and Tool. I'll listen to just about any kind of rock.

jfeiro
03-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Traffic.....John Barleycorn Must Die

Jim

Sombeech
05-24-2007, 01:54 PM
You guys really need to figure out how to find music on the web and provide LINKS so I can hear some of your tunes.

I posted this once before.... but if you want to find MP3's on unprotected servers just enter this string into your google search bar

-inurl:htm -inurl:html intitle:"index of" mp3 "ACDC"

You can experiment with the last text sting and get differnet results
"AC-DC"
"AC DC"

I use this all the time now. Thanks Ice.

Mtnman1830
05-25-2007, 05:34 AM
The voices in my head telling me to post in this thread.

DirkHammergate
05-25-2007, 06:20 AM
The voices in my head telling me to post in this thread.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco

gonzo
05-25-2007, 08:53 AM
The White Buffalo (http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/): Hogtied Like a Rodeo. This is a great album, too bad it's out of print, and impossible to find.

Hammer: have you picked up Sky Blue Sky yet? What do you think?

accadacca
05-25-2007, 09:01 AM
I just downloaded Ozzy's new album and it is now feeding my brain. :twisted:

Zakk Wylde is back and he has sharpened the axe. :rockon:

http://www.ozzy.com/sites/ozzyosbourne/files/imagecache/preview/sites/ozzyosbourne/files/official_photos/Ozzy%20Video%20Shoot%204-15%204-16%20003.jpg

www.ozzy.com

DirkHammergate
05-25-2007, 09:01 AM
The White Buffalo (http://www.thewhitebuffalo.com/): Hogtied Like a Rodeo. This is a great album, too bad it's out of print, and impossible to find.

Not yet, actually thinking I might ITune it today. I've actually "lost" about a dozen or so cd's as a result of my little life change. I can't find Summerteeth and my Whiskeytown collection, i've been searching the library stashes so I can add to my ITunes. What bums me out about losing my Stangers Almanac cd is that Ryan Adams had signed the cd insert. Major, major bummer and that I feel helpless without my monthly playing of Summerteeth.

gonzo
05-25-2007, 09:07 AM

Not yet, actually thinking I might ITune it today. I've actually "lost" about a dozen or so cd's as a result of my little life change. I can't find Summerteeth and my Whiskeytown collection, i've been searching the library stashes so I can add to my ITunes. What bums me out about losing my Stangers Almanac cd is that Ryan Adams had signed the cd insert. Major, major bummer and that I feel helpless without my monthly playing of Summerteeth.

Sky Blue Sky is good, but it's very different from YHF and A Ghost is Born. They've completely lost that "avante-garde" edge with lots of feedback (hello Less Than You Think) and found sound, and it's more straight forward 70s rock. Nels Cline freakin' rocks on this album.

I don't think I have Summerteeth. I "borrowed" a lot of old Wilco from other people's iTunes libraries, but never ran across that one. I've been meaning to pick it up for awhile. The only Whiskeytown album I have is Faithless Street. I like it, but I don't love it.

DirkHammergate
05-25-2007, 09:14 AM

Sky Blue Sky is good, but it's very different from YHF and A Ghost is Born. They've completely lost that "avante-garde" edge with lots of feedback (hello Less Than You Think) and found sound, and it's more straight forward 70s rock. Nels Cline freakin' rocks on this album.

I don't think I have Summerteeth. I "borrowed" a lot of old Wilco from other people's iTunes libraries, but never ran across that one. I've been meaning to pick it up for awhile. The only Whiskeytown album I have is Faithless Street. I like it, but I don't love it.

Its a done deal, synching the IPOD as we speak. I'm not a big fan of Faithless Street but think Strangers Almanac is in my top ten album list.

greyhair biker
05-25-2007, 12:21 PM
...Dave Mathews Band -Live at RedRocks....complete with concert footage....OH MAN! they can rock!
and, a friend of mine, at the mine, burned me off the new HellYeah cd...I though demons were going to come out of the speakers at me! - a bit thrashier than I can stomach :eek2:

Cirrus2000
05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
I made an mp3 disc of:

The Killers - Sam's Town
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
Metric - Static Anonymity
OK Go! - Oh No
Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
Regina Spector - Begin to Hope

and I listened to it non-stop, on random, for the drive from Vancouver to Canyonlands' Maze District, to Moab, to SLC, to Moab, to SLC, to Moab, to Topaz Mountain, to Vancouver. Almost 7000 km of driving. And I'm listening to it still...

Went to see Lisa Gerrard perform Tuesday night (my birthday!), and it was fantastic. Singer from Dead Can Dance - solo now. Does movie soundtracks. The chick wailing away in "Gladiator" - that was her. Eccentric, but mad talented.

greyhair biker
06-03-2007, 09:46 PM
just picked up Ozzy's 'Black Rain' - oh yeah!
....and the wife got me David Bowie's new import - cant remember what it's called off hand but it's good Bowie. :2thumbs:

marc olivares
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Kinetic Stereo Kids- Basement kids (http://www.myspace.com/kineticstereokids)

Birdy Nam Nam- Birdy NAm NAm (http://www.myspace.com/birdynamnam)
Absesses is brilliant

and the new unreleased tracks from Elliot Smith- new moon (http://www.killrockstars.com/)
man this guy was great

Wasatch
06-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Liquid Tension Experiment 2

greyhair biker
06-04-2007, 11:39 AM
..you know youre gettin old when...you've never heard of most these groups! :ne_nau:

Scott Card
06-04-2007, 11:40 AM
..you know youre gettin old when...you've never heard of most these groups! :ne_nau:

You and me both. :five:

DirkHammergate
06-04-2007, 11:42 AM

You and me both. :five:

Today is Bob Dylan Monday, I've got 13 hours worth in my ITunes library, ah, so little time..

greyhair biker
06-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Ole Bob is an old fart eh?! I was just thinking Ozzy was starting to get up there too but he's not much older than me....and David Bowie?! the man is a GOD....his new album cover has (ok, cd cover) several pics of him on it and none of em look like he's as old as he really is! the true plastic man!

gonzo
06-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Don't get me wrong. I like Dylan, but that's a lotta Dylan.

I'm listening to Billy Bragg & Wilco: Mermaid Avenue (http://www.billybragg.co.uk/releases/albums/mermaid_avenue/index.html) right now.

DirkHammergate
06-05-2007, 08:24 AM
its Ben Harper tuesday....

asdf
06-05-2007, 08:42 AM
its Ben Harper tuesday....
Ben Harper blows.... his last 5 albums all sound the same

gonzo
06-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Ben Harper's latest album, Both Sides of the Gun, wasn't a great album. Too long, too repetitive, too falsely political. Ben has always been a political writer, but the songs on this album that were supposed to be political, such as "Black Water" and "Please Don't Talk About Murder While I'm Eating" felt forced. In the past he had some true anger, and that's what made his political songs feel righteous.

I really liked his previous album: Diamonds on the Inside. But, you're right, it did sound a lot like Burn to Shine, with a little added funkiness. The song "My Own Two Hands (http://benharper.net/jump.php?id=6)" (Windows Media Stream) is one of my favorite BH songs.

You can't say that There Will be a Light sounds anything like his other albums. The gospel collaboration with The Blind Boys of Alabama has a totally different feel than any other whole album BH has recorded. (Although, he has included gospel songs on his older albums). I like all the songs off There Will be a Light individually, but all together it's a little too much Jesus for me.

Wait a second...this isn't supposed to be an album review thread. I'll shut up now.

Sombeech
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Tesla

asdf
06-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I really liked live from mars....

Right now--- David Griman, Dawg Duo's.

DirkHammergate
06-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Ben Harper's latest album, Both Sides of the Gun, wasn't a great album. Too long, too repetitive, too falsely political. Ben has always been a political writer, but the songs on this album that were supposed to be political, such as "Black Water" and "Please Don't Talk About Murder While I'm Eating" felt forced. In the past he had some true anger, and that's what made his political songs feel righteous.

I really liked his previous album: Diamonds on the Inside. But, you're right, it did sound a lot like Burn to Shine, with a little added funkiness. The song "My Own Two Hands (http://benharper.net/jump.php?id=6)" (Windows Media Stream) is one of my favorite BH songs.

You can't say that There Will be a Light sounds anything like his other albums. The gospel collaboration with The Blind Boys of Alabama has a totally different feel than any other whole album BH has recorded. (Although, he has included gospel songs on his older albums). I like all the songs off There Will be a Light individually, but all together it's a little too much Jesus for me.

Wait a second...this isn't supposed to be an album review thread. I'll shut up now.

I couldn't have said it better myself, I can barely listen to Both Sides of the Gun. I'm not sure if its because I have ridiculously high expectations of Ben from his previous work or it just caught me wrong. Either way, I named my 2nd son after him and every artist is entitled to throw out some garbage once in awhile (i.e., Neil Young's Landing on the Water and Transformer) as long as you can back it up with the body of your work. I really like early Ben, Welcome to the Cruel World and Fight for you Mind, I can listen to those two anytime, any place.

DirkHammergate
06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I really liked live from mars....

I was on the floor at the DC when Jack Johnson opened for him. Killer show from the floor.

greyhair biker
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Ole Bob is an old fart eh?! I was just thinking Ozzy was starting to get up there too but he's not much older than me....and David Bowie?! the man is a GOD....his new album cover has (ok, cd cover) several pics of him on it and none of em look like he's as old as he really is! the true plastic man!

the Bowie cd is 'hours' and was put out in '04 but it's an import...wife picked it up in NYC.

vamedtech
06-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I love the 80's new wave music. It's about all I listen too. Long live Depeche Mode. U2, Boingo, Duran Duran, Howard Jones, INXS, Erasure, YAZ, Tearz for fears, Thompson Twins. Now thats the good stuff.

hank moon
06-05-2007, 10:38 PM
cuwwent wotashun:

comets on fire: field recordings from the sun
battles: mirrored
the orb: U.F.Orb
Joanna Newsom: Ys

...and a buncha other stuff

any comets fans out there?

stefan
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM

U.F.Orb ... :2thumbs:
i still enjoy that album after 13 years when i first heard it

nosivad_bor
06-06-2007, 12:04 AM
cuwwent wotashun:

comets on fire: field recordings from the sun
battles: mirrored
Joanna Newsom: Ys

...and a buncha other stuff

any comets fans out there?

Gotta be in the right mood for that Newson Harp action. that girl can squeek - er i mean sing. but i do like that last track the alot.

I know its not too manly but I'm digging the new album from
Feist - The Reminder , several good videos on youtube from that album.

rob

marc olivares
06-06-2007, 01:09 AM
WOW Hank, Joanna Newsom

i thought rob and i were the only ones secure enough with our manhood to admit to liking her... i think she's so dreamy
i've got a serious fetish for elfin women :naughty:
Y's is good, but i think i like milk-eyed mender better

ok here's 2 more, both just recently released

MENOMENA : friend or foe (http://www.myspace.com/menomena)
fun indie experimental band from Portland, sweet baritone sax

Dinosaur JR: Beyond (http://www.dinosaurjr.com/)
yes that band from the 90's is back w/ their original line up and it kicks ASS! best guitar licks evar!!!

i dont mind Comet on fire, but must admit they tend to get a little jam bandish for me to "love" them. the feedbacky noise stuff is fun, but as a 6 minute "jam" it gets a little...well, noisy. :ne_nau:

Wasatch
06-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Today Los Lobotomys with Steve Lukather.

DirkHammergate
06-06-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm going Alt Country today, Drive by Truckers, Jay Farrar, Wilco by 1 pm.

gonzo
06-06-2007, 07:52 AM

I just downloaded Stranger's Almanac this morning, so I guess I'm going Alt-Country, too.

marc olivares
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
hey you Alt country guys, check out
EEF Barzelay- he plays w/ Clem Snide and just released his first solo album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqd0Hq6hFJE

DirkHammergate
06-07-2007, 07:14 AM
hey you Alt country guys, check out
EEF Barzelay- he plays w/ Clem Snide and just released his first solo album

Good stuff, I'll check him out, thanks.

DirkHammergate
06-07-2007, 07:16 AM

I just downloaded Stranger's Almanac this morning, so I guess I'm going Alt-Country, too.

I love Dancing with the Women at the Bar. I just threw it on myself.

Wasatch
06-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Today Roxy Music Manifesto.

Wasatch
06-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Second up, Loose Change - Live at the Grainstore.

gonzo
06-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Dirk, they just announced that Ryan Adams is playing Red Butte on July 31. I picked up tickets through pre-sale a few minutes ago. You going?

DirkHammergate
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey Dirk, they just announced that Ryan Adams is playing Red Butte on July 31. I picked up tickets through pre-sale a few minutes ago. You going?

I just found out via your post, hell yes I'm going.

hank moon
06-08-2007, 05:53 AM

U.F.Orb ... :2thumbs:
i still enjoy that album after 13 years when i first heard it

Just got the 40-minute version of "Blue Room" this week...yeah.

hank moon
06-08-2007, 05:55 AM
Gotta be in the right mood for that Newson Harp action. that girl can squeek - er i mean sing. but i do like that last track the alot.

I know its not too manly but I'm digging the new album from
Feist - The Reminder , several good videos on youtube from that album.

Gotta check out Feist sometime - heard good things. Have you heard the new version of "Cosmia" on Joanna's latest release?

hank moon
06-08-2007, 06:23 AM
WOW Hank, Joanna Newsom

i thought rob and i were the only ones secure enough with our manhood to admit to liking her... i think she's so dreamy
i've got a serious fetish for elfin women :naughty:
Y's is good, but i think i like milk-eyed mender better

What's not to like about a beautiful young Harpsinger with a freakish voice and amazing talent? Her lyrics are the most interesting I've heard in years! I'm spellbound. Listen to "Emily" out in the desert some night...
Milk-eyed Mender is great, too...I just prefer the longer songs on Ys. "Only Skin" is 16 minutes of heaven.

ok here's 2 more, both just recently released

MENOMENA, Dinosaur JR

I wanted to see Dino when they were here in April, but had a trip already lined up :-( did you go? Menomena unfamiliar but sax appeals...I'll check 'em out - thanks for the tip.

i dont mind Comet on fire, but must admit they tend to get a little jam bandish for me to "love" them. the feedbacky noise stuff is fun, but as a 6 minute "jam" it gets a little...well, noisy. :ne_nau:

Noisy - yeah, they're my fave noise band right now. More noise, mo' betta. Loud, loud, loud! What tracks have you heard? Some of the newer stuff isn't so noisy (Avatar) so might want to revisit. Or not... :cool2:

hank

asdf
06-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Bad Religion, NOFX, Fugazi and Pennywise on the playlist right now.

rockgremlin
06-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I got Ozzy Osbourne - Tomorrow spinnin' right now.

I'm fighting the prominent local music tastes (country) tooth and nail.

accadacca
06-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I got Ozzy Osbourne - Tomorrow spinnin' right now.
I have Ozzy's guitarist Zakk Wylde going .

Black Label Society - Suffering Overdue :rockon:

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drf900/f996/f99676lsvew.jpg

DirkHammergate
06-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Steve Earle, Transcendental Blues

DirkHammergate
06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Wilco - AM

I'm in a serious Tweedy faze, serious....

Kent K25
06-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Ben Gibbard - Brand New Colony

Kent K25
06-20-2007, 11:58 AM
The Format - She Doesn't Get It (My bro clued me in to these guys, Love em!)

gonzo
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Xavier Rudd (http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20creato r%3A%22Xavier%20Rudd%22&sort=-avg_rating%3B-num_reviews) - White Moth (http://www.xavierrudd.com/)

I'm off to Denver Friday morning to catch Xavier live, and do a little hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. I'm stoked.

R
06-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Led Zepplin IV - the Battle of Evermore. :nod:

DirkHammergate
06-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Xavier Rudd (http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20creato r%3A%22Xavier%20Rudd%22&sort=-avg_rating%3B-num_reviews) - White Moth (http://www.xavierrudd.com/)

I'm off to Denver Friday morning to catch Xavier live, and do a little hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. I'm stoked.

I'm waay pumped, I'm going to see Wilco at the Greek in Berkeley on Aug 24th.

gonzo
06-20-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm waay pumped, I'm going to see Wilco at the Greek in Berkeley on Aug 24th.

I was so bummed out when I saw that Wilco wasn't going to come to Utah. I thought about buying tickets for their Denver show, but decided it's not in the budget.

I saw Jack Johnson at The Greek a few years ago - it's a great venue. I'd get there early though, you don't want to be stuck on the stone bleachers if you don't have to be - especially near the top where the afternoon sun glares on you for hours.

supercj
06-22-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't understand the whole reasoning or purpose behind these kinds of posts, so why am I even reading it? So anyways I'm listening to Crosby Still and Nash, Southern Cross.

supercj
06-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Nobody can top Zeppelin!! Well, maybe a little Floyd. I got to see Page and Plant in Vegas. Bonham is the all time best in my opinion but their replacement drummer actually did pretty good on the encore song "Rock and Roll" Roger Waters will be playing 3 full albums in Vegas in a few months with full 360 surround sound. Wouldn't want to miss it, but I'm going to.

DirkHammergate
06-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Nobody can top Zeppelin!! Well, maybe a little Floyd. I got to see Page and Plant in Vegas. Bonham is the all time best in my opinion but their replacement drummer actually did pretty good on the encore song "Rock and Roll" Roger Waters will be playing 3 full albums in Vegas in a few months with full 360 surround sound. Wouldn't want to miss it, but I'm going to.

I've got a few gigs of Zeppelin, some times I get tired of them...

DirkHammergate
06-22-2007, 02:21 PM

I've got a few gigs of Zeppelin, some times I get tired of them...

Huh? Not as much as I thought, 1.9 gig...

stefan
06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
The End Is Near ~ the New Year

Kent K25
06-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Guster - Either Way

DirkHammergate
06-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Army Ants - S.T.P. (its friday and I'm feeling frivolous).

hank moon
06-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Nobody can top Zeppelin!!

Heard Tool's cover of "No Quarter"?

Osm.

hank moon
06-24-2007, 05:05 PM
"Revolution" - Spacemen 3

over and over and over...

V11...ahhhhhhhh

DirkHammergate
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Nobody can top Zeppelin!!

Heard Tool's cover of "No Quarter"?

Osm.

Yep, that rocks like no other....

nosivad_bor
06-24-2007, 08:11 PM
If you like your gansta sound sugary sweet with an angst only teenage white girl can bring, then I suggest you meet Uffie and Pop the Glock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Zf6opErMA)

-Rob

Jaxx
06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
If you like your gansta sound sugary sweet with an angst only teenage white girl can bring, then I suggest you meet Uffie and Pop the Glock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Zf6opErMA)

-Rob

As I watched that I felt embarrassed for her. It was alot of over used "gangsta" lines mixed into a crappy song, with a voice cover up.

nosivad_bor
06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
thats the short version too it goes on and on. if you search uffie on youtube you'll find an interview on there where you can see how utterly and completely talentless she is. i think she is banging the dj or something.

that said, the song has a catchy hook.

oh, she's faking the accent too. she is from Miami :)

I think she is trying to ride the coat tail of the success of Lady Sovereign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p48icgIs4sI)

fouristhenewone
06-25-2007, 09:22 PM
currently - they might be giants - flood. man, I forgot how good and cheesy this album is. like kraft shells and cheese.

stefan
06-25-2007, 09:26 PM
what fun life was ~ bedhead

Kent K25
06-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Hurt - Johnny Cash

DirkHammergate
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Hurt - Johnny Cash

Top 20 song for me... Incredible interpretation while close to death himself.

Cash rules.

gonzo
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Ryan Adams: Easy Tiger

I just picked it up this morning from Starbucks. It sounds just like a Ryan Adams record. I've only been through the first nine tracks so far (Thanks I-15!) but I'm still waiting for a standout song.

Interestingly, Windows Media Player lists the tracks out of order. I wonder if there are different versions of the album with different track orders.

asdf
06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Pink Floyd - The Wall.

Kent K25
06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Hurt - Johnny Cash

Top 20 song for me... Incredible interpretation while close to death himself.

Cash rules.

Yeah I'm a HUGE fan of a bunch of his songs, and can't really stand a bunch of them either, but IMO that's part of what makes him great.

Your Eyes Open - Keane

Cirrus2000
06-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Uffie made my ears bleed.

Washing them out with: The Burning World, by Swans

Kent K25
06-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Plush - Stone Temple Pilots

Kent K25
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Holiday in Spain - Counting Crows (Loving this song lately)

marc olivares
06-29-2007, 12:12 PM
LILY ALLEN

yeah not something i normal listen to, but the wife picked it up and i have to admit, it's DAMN catchy!
she's a myspace (http://www.myspace.com/lilymusic) success story, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyTOROlo9E

Kent K25
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Crashed - Daughtry

Rev. Coyote
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
"West," by Lucinda Williams

accadacca
06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Root Down - Beastie Boys

Kent K25
06-29-2007, 01:45 PM
The Best of What's Around - Dave Matthews Band

Kent K25
06-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Tomb of Leigia - Team Sleep (If you like the deftones and don't know Team Sleep you need to repent!)

greyhair biker
06-29-2007, 09:39 PM
HAPA - Where have all the beachboys gone(down on Waikiki)....Im so homesick for the islands... :cry: oh..and to top it off, some Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and Brothers' Cazimero..im hopeless

Kent K25
06-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Something by Mandy Moore, wifey is in control of the tunes right now. Oh gay, it just switched to Rhianna

DirkHammergate
06-30-2007, 12:54 AM
"West," by Lucinda Williams

I bought this on the first day out, couldn't make it through the first 5 songs... Car Wheels and World w/o Tears spoiled my ass...

DirkHammergate
06-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Sky Blue Sky.

I'm working some bullshit night shift for the last time ever. I tried to get 3 chicks to come have a "sleep over" work party with me, damn, even a Pimp strikes out now and then.

Sky Blue Sky is a nice substitute.

nefarious
06-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Plush - Stone Temple PilotsSame here. Loaded it up for old times sake. I forgot how great it is! :2thumbs:

nefarious
06-30-2007, 06:23 PM
LILY ALLENNot bad. :)

DaveOU812
06-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Sacrament - Lamb of God, that whole album is just awesome. :rockon:

DirkHammergate
07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Icky Thump - The White Stripes

Kent K25
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
My Own Summer - deftones

DirkHammergate
07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I am trying to break your heart - Wilco

this needs a bump

gonzo
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Hearing Voices Special: Desert Air (http://www.hearingvoices.com/special/2007/desert/)

I'm a sucker for radio documentaries.

Brian in SLC
07-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Spoon. Kill the Moonlight.

-Brian in SLC

Kent K25
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Apologize - Timbaland ft. One Republic

My wife is crazy about this song (I think it was mainly because it was on her favorite show - So you think you can dance)

Not what you'd normally expect from Timbaland...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fm0T7_SGee4

hank moon
07-13-2007, 01:18 PM
My Own Summer - deftones

hey, they were just here...or are coming soon - you seein' 'em?

Kent K25
07-13-2007, 02:00 PM
If they came I missed em...I never hear about concerts til after the fact :ne_nau: