PDA

View Full Version : Your Top Three

rockgremlin
08-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Ok for those of you who do canyons on a regular basis...what do you consider your top three favorites?

Mine:

1. Imlay - rap, swim, climb out, repeat...with a final rap into the Zion Narrows - very nice!
2. The Squeeze - Big raps, lots of swimming/wading, photogenic arch and narrows...with a final rap into the Muddy Creek Gorge - nice!
3. "Not Mindbender" - Really cool/tight narrows, photogenic slots, pretty sweet overhanging final rap, walk-out through a beautiful deep canyon.

price1869
09-13-2005, 09:23 AM
Just to keep this forum going.

1. Imlay - Let down. I was hoping it would be more difficult, but it was awesome anyway.

2. Pine Creek - Overdone, but so so so beautiful.

3. Spry, The Squeeze, Mystery, Echo, Behunin, Misery, Cable, Leprechan, the 1st half of Subway(I hate the exit hike), Keyhole, etc.

I'll be posting a TR for Misery and Behunin pretty soon.

Price

Iceaxe
09-13-2005, 04:03 PM
1. The last Canyon I did.
2. The one before that.
3. and the one before that.

:2thumbs:

shaggy125
09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Tough one, I just started this year, but I've done 15 or so canyons so far. My favorites:

1 - Heaps (scariest and toughest, the more I forget the better it gets)
2 - Choprock (a little bit of everything, really pretty, challenging but not too challenging)
3 - Imlay (rompin good time.)

Other favorites, Kolob while flowing. Easy, but man is it pretty, just be careful who you go with. Neon was lots of fun. Full left fork makes the Subway a much more enjoyable romp, tons of swimming and a long, more worthwhile day. Englestead was awesome too, I was wishing for more water, but other than that as good as it gets.

There are too many I still need to do so my list will probably change next week. I haven't done a canyon yet I didn't love.

Eric.

rock_ski_cowboy
09-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Hmmm.

Behunin (Shane just wants to keep it pristine so he's lying to all of you!)
Riverside Walk (they should pave trails in all canyons!)
Some canyon in Powell somewhere

Scott P
12-14-2005, 04:58 PM

FOX
12-15-2005, 12:01 PM
It's never too late...

Imlay (just plain old fun)
The Squeeze (because it flashed on us and we lived to tell the tale)
Cable (seldom visited with a little bit of everything wrapped into a nice, long full day)

Iceaxe
12-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Cable (seldom visited with a little bit of everything wrapped into a nice, long full day)

Cable is a major blast when its filled with water.... we had a great time. I hear the canyon is a little on the boring side when dry, but I have never experienced those conditions.

FOX
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I have only ever experienced Cable when it's full of water and I agree -- it's a total blast! :haha:

Iceaxe
12-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Did you do Cable from the top (Frying Pan) or from the bottom (Factory Butte)?

FOX
12-19-2005, 10:05 AM
We did it from the top. The entire loop took us about 13 hours...but we screwed around a lot in the canyon. Is the Factory Butte option shorter or longer?

Iceaxe
12-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Factory Butte is shorter/easier. It cherry picks the best part and you get to do the hike up the Moroni Slopes in the morning. The road in is also better. You can probably drive a car most the way in good weather.

FOX
12-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I'll have to do it that way next time. Climbing the "slopes" in the heat of the day blows!!!