PDA

View Full Version : Beware

DickHead
08-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Be careful parking at the mouth of Emigration Canyon. Yesterday, Friday the 26th of August, my car was broken into. The only thing made off with was my Leatherman tool. This happened in the parking lot on the SouthEast corner, near the recycle dumpsters. If anyone saw anything suspicious between 11am and 1pm on that day, let me know.

What I did wrong:

The Libertarian answer is....NOTHING! However, tactically speaking, I did sort of set myself up for this attack. I always hide my valuables from plain sight. I carry little in the car anyways (no CD's, no expensive speakers or radio, no 'bling'). I did leave my pants and clothing in the backseat, though. The thieve(s) broke the driver side 'wing' window, opened the back seat, and rifled through my clothing and gym bag. I thought I had outsmarted thieves by not leaving valuables where they are obvious, however, I overlooked that someone not paying attention might leave valuables in thier clothing or bags, and then left those items in plain sight. I guess I'll start using the trunk for my clothing and other items.

I hold thieves in the lowest esteem of any class of person. Anyone who is too lazy to work for the things they desire and instead take it from another is doing nothing to serve the populus as a whole. Thieves should be shot.

crazy horse
08-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Thieves should be shot.

Agreed

rockgremlin
08-27-2005, 11:16 AM
I disagree.

Thieves should not be shot. They should be taken to the most remote corner of the Western Desert, stripped naked, and tethered to a large rock with a 15 foot chain. 20 feet from the rock will be an ice chest full of food and cold drinks of every kind. There they will spend the rest of their pitiful existence pining for just an extra five feet of chain to grant them access to sustenance. Guards will be kept on site in a nice air-conditioned RV, and will ensure that the thief doesn't eat, drink OR SLEEP either. Let's see which will claim his life first -- exhaustion from sleep depravation, or dehydration.

I've been robbed from enough in my life that now I'm seriously vindictive. :angryfire:

Wasatch Rebel
08-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I guess I'll start using the trunk for my clothing and other items.

Be careful with that too. My brother had someone watching him as he loaded valuables into his trunk in Vegas. When he returned to his car, guess what had been jimmied open?
You got it. Nothing is safe to a determined thief.

Shane

Glockguy
08-27-2005, 02:32 PM
My cousin got some mexican stealing stuff out of his plumbing truck while he was at the Blimpie's on 1300 south and state. He ran out and was kicking him down. Some FBI guys came and saw the whole thing and just called the city cops lol.