PDA

View Full Version : Speed Demon

Superriffic S*
08-26-2005, 03:35 PM
So, I got a speeding ticket last week. I know, I know... girls and driving don't mix. I am a firm believer that girls are the WORST drivers in the world and I am a girl. :naughty:

Anyway, Sandy cops suck A$$! He didn't give me a break at all! I was taking my husband to the trax station. (He was late for the train) I didn't see the blinking lights until I had come to a stop in the parking lot at the trax station. I said "Thanks dear for helping me get a ticket, but at least you got to the the train on time." The cop said that he clocked me at 43 in a 25. And he wrote the ticket for the full amount, 18 over the speed limit...! The last time I got a ticket for speeding the cop only wrote it for 5 over and that was in a contruction zone. What is it with Sandy cops? Every time I talk to someone who's had to deal with a Sandy or Midvale cop they have HORROR stories about them.

So, does anyone have anything GOOD to say about cops south of Murray? Bad stuff would be fine too... I am pissed... :angryfire: I called on the ticket today and it's 167 bucks! I think I might send them a little package of quarters, nickles and dimes in the sum of $167.00 so they have to count it all out. :fitz:

rockgremlin
08-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, it's a mixed bag when it comes to Sandy cops.

I've been pulled over three times in my life by Sandy cops. The first two times they gave me the "Military Treatment" - that is to say, they not only threw the book at me for minor traffic infractions, but they were very condescending in their tone, and yelled at me like I was in boot camp, not letting me get in a word edge-wise.

The last time I was pulled over by Sandycop was just last year, on the way home from your place. It was late (around 1:30 am), and I was driving with an expired registration, was speeding, didn't have my seat belt on, ran a red light, and I had a large crack in my windshield. Just when I thought he was gonna give me a ticket for a gazzillion dollars, he comes back with:

"Ok, get that windshield checked out, and have a good night."

No ticket...not even a warning ticket!! I lucked out big time! I heartily thanked him, to which he replied "Why? Cause I didn't give ya a ticket?"

Umm.....yes. :nod:

Superriffic S*
08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
The last time I was pulled over by Sandycop was just last year, on the way home from your place. It was late (around 1:30 am), and I was driving with an expired registration, was speeding, didn't have my seat belt on, ran a red light, and I had a large crack in my windshield. Just when I thought he was gonna give me a ticket for a gazzillion dollars, he comes back with:

"Ok, get that windshield checked out, and have a good night."

No ticket...not even a warning ticket!! I lucked out big time! I heartily thanked him, to which he replied "Why? Cause I didn't give ya a ticket?"

Umm.....yes. :nod:

Didn't you "sneak" your seatbelt on tho, before he got up to the truck? I thought that is what you said you did... I bet he would have land blasted you if you'd kept that seatbelt off.

rockgremlin
08-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Didn't you "sneak" your seatbelt on tho, before he got up to the truck? I thought that is what you said you did... I bet he would have land blasted you if you'd kept that seatbelt off.

Ya, but the rate he was going, I could've been Ted Bundy and he would've let me go with a mere warning. Why would he care about the seatbelt after seeing me blow through a red light at 40mph? eclipsee_steering

Superriffic S*
08-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Ya, but the rate he was going, I could've been Ted Bundy and he would've let me go with a mere warning. Why would he care about the seatbelt after seeing me blow through a red light at 40mph? eclipsee_steering

I forgot that he pulled you over because you ran a red light! That is CLASSIC!!! If you were going 40mph then you weren't speeding. On the stretch of road you were on... the speed limit is 40mph. 7th east, right? Right by the Jr. High? You know me... I have to get technical... I won't go any further... I will now let it lie! :lol8:

Sombeech
08-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I hadn't had a ticket in 6 years, then BAM. West of Wendover, a sneaky b*st*rd was hiding around a corner when I was going downhill.

They know you're not going to go out of state to fight it. You're screwed out of state. Money makin' machines.

DickHead
08-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Sorry, no sympathy here. I live on a high traffic residential street with a 25mph limit. I have a 2 year old. My neighbor has two beautiful girls who play out front often. People speed on my street constantly, and it chaps my ass.
:frustrated:
If I could throw eggs at speeders and get away with it, I would.
:assault:

Sombeech
08-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Sorry, no sympathy here. I live on a high traffic residential street with a 25mph limit. I have a 2 year old. My neighbor has two beautiful girls who play out front often.

I've heard of somebody throwing a tricycle out into the street as speeders were coming by. They hit it, and actually thought they had hit somebody. It scared the crap out of them.