PDA

View Full Version : 1st Snowboard post!

Mtnbiker
08-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Wow. it's August, the beginning of the best time of the year for mountain biking and I find myself more and more daydreaming about snowboarding!

Anyone else have this problem? I rode quite a bit in high school and less than a handful of times through college, but since moving to Utah my passion for boarding has exploded! My wife got to be a pretty kickass boarder this year too so I already can't wait for our first big pow day! :2thumbs:

I never knew what it fealt like to float through 36" of fresh stuff until this year. Utah snow rocks! :hail2thechief:

Part two of my jumbled nonsense.
My girl needs a new board this year. last year she rode a loaner K2 - 154 length. It worked great for her but I have to admit to being pretty ignorant as far as snowboard technology and usage. For example, she's not really a beginner any more and would consider her an intermediate rider - following me into the trees and hitting smallish jumps.

What kind/style of board would be good for our conditions here and her skill level ? btw, she's about 5'10 -5'11".

Any suggestions you have are welcome.
thanks!