PDA

View Full Version : Take a break already!

derstuka
08-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Man dies after 49 hours of computer games

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

ASSOCIATED PRESS

SEOUL, South Korea -- A 28-year-old South Korean man died of exhaustion in an Internet cafe after playing computer games non-stop for 49 hours, South Korean police said Wednesday.

Lee, a resident in the southern city of Taegu who was identified only by his last name, collapsed Friday after having eaten minimally and not sleeping, refusing to leave his keyboard while he played the battle simulation game Starcraft.

Lee was quickly moved to a hospital but died after a few hours, due to what doctors are presuming was a heart attack, police said.

Lee had been fired from his job last month because he kept missing work to play computer games, police said.

Computer games are enormously popular in South Korea, home to professional gamers who earn big money through sponsorships and television stations devoted to broadcasting matches.

Sombeech
08-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Sounds like one of my Halo tournaments.

derstuka
08-11-2005, 08:38 AM

Make sure to keep a Gatorade handy during those tournaments. :pitcher:

accadacca
08-11-2005, 08:43 AM

Make sure to keep a Gatorade handy during those tournaments. :pitcher:
Of course......ya know its a real workout. Hand eye coordination thing. Great for your kids..... :roflol:

Superriffic S*
08-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Starcraft will suck your will to live, if you let it. (no pun intended) It's one of those games that you can't control yourself playing, you just wanna keep playing and playing and playing and playing and playing and playing... Get the zurg... get the zurg!! Back me up Rockgremiln, you know. :hail2thechief: I finally had to take the game off my computer so I could focus on other things. And, thats the Devils honest truth! :twisted:

S*

rockgremlin
08-11-2005, 09:02 AM
:haha: :haha: This is particularly amusing to me, since I'm a BIG Starcraft fan. :haha: :haha:

DaveOU812
08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes, I too was a starcraft junkie once. I still get the twinge every once in a while but ya gotta just fight it off.