PDA

View Full Version : ***UUTAH Fantasy Football League***

Pages : [1] 2

icthys
08-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Make sure you have your yahoo account.

Go here http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague and select custom league.

league ID- 368129
Password- uutah

accadacca
08-08-2005, 10:18 PM
I just signed up. My team is called Big Balls...... :lol8:

live2ride
08-09-2005, 09:02 AM
I am so ready to play!!! :naughty:

rockgremlin
08-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm the 'Savage Injuns' :haha:

accadacca
08-09-2005, 10:24 AM
The uutah commissioner might BAN you. :lol8:

icthys
08-09-2005, 11:31 AM

There will be no banning as long as chili cheese dogs are involved.

crazy horse
08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
alright, i'm in
Oh, and when is our draft gonna be?

icthys
08-10-2005, 06:09 AM
alright, i'm in
Oh, and when is our draft gonna be?

As soon as we get enough people, hopefully that will be before the season starts.

accadacca
08-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Alright we only have five people signed up in the league.

Here's who said they wanted to play.

icthys (check)
Rock Gremlin (check)
Accadacca (check)
Live2Ride (check)
Kill em All (check)
troutfisher (?)
Crazy Horse (check)
Sombeech (check)

I have two others and I will get on their case to get signed up. Correct me if I am wrong icthys. Isn't the cap 10 for the league?

Sombeech
08-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm in. We're the Sons of Beaches.

accadacca
08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm in. We're the Sons of Beaches.
Of course.......... :roflol:

Hey if anyone else wants in, you are welcome to join. Or if you have friends that are football fans. :nod:

icthys
08-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I believe I capped at 12 just in case, if we only have 10 it's no big deal. In order to draft we need an even number of players.

accadacca
08-12-2005, 12:22 PM
We now have eight in the league. We would like to get at least two more. Icthys mentioned that he set the cap at 12. We need a couple more people to make the ten. Get signed up if you want in. This is going to be a good time. My team "Big Balls" is going to violate the other teams..... :lol8:

Wasatch Rebel
08-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm a novice to football fantasy leagues. I did baseball once. If you still need people, when all is said and done, I'd like to try it.

Shane

accadacca
08-20-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm a novice to football fantasy leagues. I did baseball once. If you still need people, when all is said and done, I'd like to try it.

Shane
Yeah we still need or want more people. You can use the link at the top of the page to sign up. Football is the easiest all of the fantasy league's. We would then need one more to make an even ten. The league caps at twelve. Jump right in there. :2thumbs:

Wasatch Rebel
08-22-2005, 05:01 AM
Okay, my team is the "Blood Spillers" at least until I can think of a better name. By the way, does anyone know how to get to the help page or the FAQ page? I know there's a Java download if we're doing a live draft that we need, but I had to stop in the middle of the download and can't find my way back to that page.

Cheers,

Shane

icthys
08-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Come on!!! We need 1 more player. Step up and show us what you're made of people! We've only got a few weeks till kick off left.

accadacca
08-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Okay, my team is the "Blood Spillers" at least until I can think of a better name. By the way, does anyone know how to get to the help page or the FAQ page? I know there's a Java download if we're doing a live draft that we need, but I had to stop in the middle of the download and can't find my way back to that page.

Cheers,

Shane
Sweet! Good to have you in the league Shane. You can look at the settings link for some league info. It shows that we are doing an auto draft. So we wont need the java deal. You should set your "Pre-Draft Player rankings" list the way that you would want it for the draft. It is currently set up as the default.

As mentioned we now need one more team. So someone pony up and join. It would be cool to have a female in there. It is really easy and the people that are the least interested or know the least sometimes do the best. :ne_nau: It is all about the numbers........ :nod:

icthys
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM
As a warning to settings your pre-rankings, it's not as black and white as it seems.

For instance, the first year I pre-ranked I thought it would draft your team as follows.

1. RB Holmes
2. DEF Ravens
3. QB Manning
4. WR Owens

I picked my first choice in each postion and used them as my first 1-10 ranked picks. When the draft started the guy with the first pick got Holmes, I then picked 2nd. This is where it got screwed up, instead of next picking a running back after Holmes I drafted the Ravens defense as my #1 pick!!! Big mistake!!! You don't want to draft a defense in the first 10 rounds! Then by the time my second pick came up Manning and Owens were gone, thus picking a low running back as my 2nd pick. My roster was all screwed up.

I finally figured out how the auto-draft works. Even though I've figured it out you can only figure it out for the first 1-3 rounds, the reason is you never know how the other managers are going to draft. The auto is not an ideal draft system, but in a league where we have begginers the auto is best (not to mention I don't want to take the time to have a 4 hour live draft). The very best thing to do is keep the rankings the way yahoo has set them, unless you're confident you've figured it out.

I doubt any of that made sense?

icthys
08-22-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm tossing around an idea.

I work for a high end home theater company. We have a sweet showroom in Sugar House. I think it may be cool to have a kick off party. We can watch the game in HD on a 100" screen. The problem is I'll be in Indy that opening weekend, though we could do it for the Monday night game.

What ya'll think?

accadacca
08-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I would be game for that........cool!!! :five: :popcorn:

Wasatch Rebel
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm tossing around an idea.

I work for a high end home theater company. We have a sweet showroom in Sugar House. I think it may be cool to have a kick off party. We can watch the game in HD on a 100" screen. The problem is I'll be in Indy that opening weekend, though we could do it for the Monday night game.

What ya'll think?

Ah, man! I'm pretty much tied up every evening--and Sundays too. But I'll be with you in spirit! Get ready for some smack!

Shane

icthys
08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Alrighty, I found another player, a good friend of mine.

We've now got 10 players. Should I close it up and get the draft going? or wait and see if others want to play? I say get it going.

accadacca
08-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Lets get it ON!!! :wallbash: I say give a date when you are going to do the draft. Just to give people a few days to change players if they want. Not like they have not had enough time already. My $.02 :blahblah: You ARE the long arm of the law......commish.

icthys
08-29-2005, 08:45 AM
It's time to get this thing going.

I've sent emails to those who responded to me.

I am going to change our status to "ready to draft" tomorrow/tues/Aug 30.

After I've set it it will only take a couple days to draft.

Good luck to you and pull your panties up and get ready to play.

icthys
08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
I almost forgot to set the draft order. This was done totally at random. I wrote down the #'s 1-10 on pieces of paper. I then blindly drew a # for each player in the order that they registered. This draft order could help with your pre-rankings. Here is the order in which each team registered and the position they will draft in.

1. Wasatch Wasps #10
2. Big Balls #6
3. Live2ride #2
4. Savage Injuns #5
5. lurpy beasts #8
6. Sons of Beaches #9
7. Cunning Cowboy #3
8. Krum katchers #7
9. Blood Spillers #4
10. Lumberjacks #1

Keep in mind that the 1st round will draft in order 1-10, the second round will draft 10-1, and so on alternating the order from 1-10 and 10-1.

If anyone needs extra time to set pre-ranking let me know, otherwise I will set the pre-draft to ready tomorrow evening at 5:00.

Good luck

icthys
08-30-2005, 08:46 AM
We've had 2 more sign up making a total of 12 teams!

I've reassigned the draft order. Sorry for the inconvienence, I hope it doesn't add any problems.

To give people a little more time in case they don't get the update until later tonight the draft will now be tomorrow (Wed) at 5:00 pm.

Wasps 11
Big Balls 5
Live2Ride 10
Savage injuns 4
Lurpy Beasts 3
Sons of Beaches 6
cunning cowboy 7
Krum Catchers 2
Blood Spillers 12
Lumberjacks 8
Ice 9
crickets 1

rockgremlin
08-30-2005, 03:31 PM
We ARE doing this for $$$ are we not? (at least that was my impression). Should we say a minimum $5 bid -- putting the pot at $60? I would be willing to go higher if others don't mind - say $10 or so. ($120 pot aint bad).

Let me know the amount and where to send the $$$. :2thumbs:

icthys
08-30-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm ok with a little wager. We need to check with everyone. If you don't want in on the pot then we can figure it out with those that do.

Lets go with $10.

Do you want it to be winner takes all, or divide it up for the top 3?

rockgremlin
08-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Hmmm. I'm leaning more towards winner takes all - or maybe the top two split the winnings down the middle?

What does everybody think?

crazy horse
08-30-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm cool with $10. I say divide the winnings up between top 3, but thats just me.

accadacca
09-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Whatever if fine with me. BRING it! :bootyshake:

icthys
09-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I've barely got time to manage the league. Will someone step up and manage the $10 pot?

accadacca
09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I can handle the money. Just send it my way....... :lol8: I have a PayPal account and can hold it until the end of the season. But we only have 4 of the twelve that have committed to money? If everyone agrees then I will give my PayPal info.

I thought we were supposed to draft yesterday? :ne_nau:

icthys
09-01-2005, 12:01 PM
I set the draft to "ready" yesterday (actually early this morning). On the league page somewhere it says the draft will happen between now and Monday. It usually happens sooner than later. I apologise if I was misleading and caused you to think everything would be drafted by this morning. It'll happen, just keep checking.

Wasatch Rebel
09-01-2005, 12:18 PM
I can probably go $10--although I feel kind of guilty about it when there's all those folks in need in New Orleans, Mississippi etc.

Shane

rockgremlin
09-01-2005, 03:15 PM
I can probably go $10--although I feel kind of guilty about it when there's all those folks in need in New Orleans, Mississippi etc.
Shane

Geez, that's kind of a negative point of view. There's people in this world that live in worse conditions than those who have just been made homeless in New Orleans.

Before Katrina hit, would you have felt guilty about spending $10 because of all the destitution in all of the third world countries in the world?

Iceaxe
09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Ten is cool with me.....

but I feel kinda guilty about taking all your money...

Especially cause I'm going to spend all my winnings on hookers and beer :cheers:

:utes4:

Wasatch Rebel
09-02-2005, 05:10 AM
Geez, that's kind of a negative point of view. There's people in this world that live in worse conditions than those who have just been made homeless in New Orleans.

Before Katrina hit, would you have felt guilty about spending $10 because of all the destitution in all of the third world countries in the world?

You're right---life goes on, and there are many people worse off. Can't help them all. And yeah, sometimes I feel guilty about spending money on things when I could be helping someone in a third world country. I guess it's because this one is so close to home, in America, and so recent. I stopped looking for a digital camera because of it--at least for the time being.
The 9/11 thing was a little different. In that case, the terrorists wanted us to change our way of life, so the thing to do was keep on being Americans and doing what we do.
Sorry if I was a bit negative. I didn't really mean to be. Just kind of thinking out loud.
I guess the real negative thing I'm going to say is "Why dole out ten bucks when I'm drafting 12th and I'm a rookie at this? I'll just be throwing a Hamilton down the drain."
:nod:

Shane

rockgremlin
09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Ya, I feel your pain. I'm tossing in $10 knowing it will probably never come back. I'm a rookie at this too.

So should we say top three winners take all? (That way at least the chances of winning SOMETHING is greater).

accadacca
09-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I say top three would be better. We need to get everyone to reply or we wont have the cash to hand out.

Iceaxe
09-02-2005, 09:48 AM
The teams have been drafted!!!!

I am stuck with an over-the-hill QB and a defence you could drive a truck through.....

accadacca
09-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Especially cause I'm going to spend all my winnings on hookers and beer :cheers:

:utes4:
Are these hookers into canyoneering? Sounds like a match made in heaven. Canyoneering with hookers drinking booze. :friday: :slobber1: :getiton: :lol8:

Are you going to be at the Utah game tonight? I cant wait! :utes3:

rockgremlin
09-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Who's going to the game? I've got a ticket, but noone to go with. My ticket is to "The Muss" though.

BTW, my team has the best Tight End in the league, but kind of a crappy QB.

My defense is the Tampa Bay defense. I don't know if that's good or bad. :ne_nau:

live2ride
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM
I didn't come out to bad in the draft, I would also be willing to throw in the ten pesos!!! :rockon:

accadacca
09-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Who's going to the game? I've got a ticket, but no one to go with. My ticket is to "The Muss" though.

BTW, my team has the best Tight End in the league, but kind of a crappy QB.

My defense is the Tampa Bay defense. I don't know if that's good or bad. :ne_nau:
Yeah I'll see you at the game dude. I will try to pick you out of the boozers and loose women in the MUSS section. :roflol:

Tampa Bay always has a good defense. I got Washington and they have some good defenders. I also got Tom Brady as my QB. Hey may not be that good in fantasy? More of a team guy?

We now have these people agreeing to the $10
accadacca (Big Balls)
rockgremlin (Savage Injuns)
live2ride (Live2ride)
Iceaxe (Ice)
jimflint1 (Blood Spillers)
icthys (Wasatch Wasps)
crazy horse (lurpy beasts)
Guest (cricket)

If your not on this list figure out what you want to do. :nod:

icthys
09-06-2005, 06:23 AM
cricket says he's in on the $10.

accadacca
09-06-2005, 09:03 AM
cricket says he's in on the $10.
Yeah of course............he has Peyton Manning. :lol8:

rockgremlin
09-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Alright, how about if Accadacca supplies us with his paypal and/or mailing info, and we can get this show on the road.

ANTE UP!!!!

accadacca
09-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Alright, how about if Accadacca supplies us with his paypal and/or mailing info, and we can get this show on the road.

ANTE UP!!!!
So do we just exclude people that do not send money? I tried to send the teams an email today that did not respond.

rockgremlin
09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Of the 12 sign-ons, how many haven't committed?

accadacca
09-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Of the 12 sign-ons, how many haven't committed?
4....... See my list above.

icthys
09-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Exclude them!

Less money for me when I win but...better odds, just in case.

rockgremlin
09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
ya, give em till the middle of the month, then just exclude em.

Wasatch Rebel
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
How do I remove someone from the starting lineup and put another player on my team in his place?

accadacca
09-06-2005, 10:03 PM
How do I remove someone from the starting lineup and put another player on my team in his place?
You use the pull down menu and put the guy you want on the bench to BN (bench). To complete this you have to push submit changes at the bottom of the page. Then select the player to take his place with the pull down menu. Then again push submit changes again.........more help below.

Help: http://help.yahoo.com/help/football
How do I edit my lineup? http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/football/football-94.html

Wasatch Rebel
09-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks!

accadacca
09-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I just sent a PayPal invoice to everyone for $10.00. If you have questions send me a note at scott@uutah.com. We really need the money by tomorrow night. The first game in Thursday night (Raiders & Patriots). If you don't want to throw in $10 then don't worry. We will only include the teams that send in the money. I will hold it in my account until the end of the season. I also could not get a hold of the Lumberjack team and I am guessing on the crickets email. BTW, I sent the invoice to the email that you have specified for uutah.com

ANTE UP!!! :naughty:

Sombeech
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
paid.

Man, I hate putting my cc number on the internet. Even though it's a secure site, who knows if I have Spyware on my PC.

rockgremlin
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
...who knows if I have Spyware on my PC.

Install and run Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and CWShredder.

These programs are considered the best anti-spyware software apps available. They're all freeware, and will clean 99% of all spyware off your hard drive. Don't surf without em!! I use these on a regular basis, and I've cleaned loads of nasties from my hard drive.

Links to downloads:

Adaware (by Lavasoft):
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

Spybot Search and Destroy (v. 1.4):
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

CWShredder:
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

Also, if you're not running Zone Alarm (or some other reliable firewall) and a good anti-virus program you're asking for trouble. :crazycobasa:

accadacca
09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I have been using this program (still beta1) from Microsoft. It seems to work really well and has real time monitoring. Nice program. Just install and st everything to auto. :2thumbs:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Not to turn this into a geeky computer post. But. :lol8:

Sombeech
09-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks boys. That's been a big hold up for me paying (notice my smooth transition back to the original topic?)

I'll try those anti spyware programs out.

They're free, right? I would think it ironic to enter your cc# on an unprotected PC to purchase it, and THEN be protected AFTER your account info went world wide.

rockgremlin
09-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Ya, it's all free. Beware of the generic "anti-spyware" software out there. There are literally thousands of anti-spyware companies out there (and some of them are actually spyware themselves), but the three I suggested previously have been around for a long time, are trusted, and offer updates on a regular basis (in order to accomodate newer and upgraded versions of spyware).

I...um...think about this stuff sometimes when I'm watching Monday night Football...ya...and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Sombeech
09-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Spyware reminds me of football a lot. It's like when there's the kickoff, and the kicker ... kicks... ball...
and

what?

but you..

5 dollars for a burrito?

OK.

Oh yeah, Football.

accadacca
09-09-2005, 11:41 AM
The first half of the game last night was pretty entertaining. The second half was punt after punt after punt. :frustrated: My QB Brady had two TD passes and one was to my (Superbowl MVP) receiver Branch. I am officially winning the league at the moment. :lol8:

rockgremlin
09-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I really wanted to come out and watch with ya, but familial responsibilities won out in the long run. Hopefully next game I can make it.

You're only winning cause none of my guys have played yet!! :twisted: I think its funny you picked Mr. BYU (Doug Jolley) out of the free agents to play on your team. :haha:

Let the trash talk begin....

rockgremlin
09-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Dude!! I'm tied for 2nd place with Ice!! Hey Ice - What happened to your boy Mr. Favre? Actually, I think that was pretty uncharacteristic for him (-2 points). Once he starts playing to his potential you've got a really good shot at the top spot.

Big Balls is at the #1 spot at the moment. :frustrated:

accadacca
09-11-2005, 09:02 PM
If things keep going this good every week, I will be keeping the cash in my account for good. :roflol:
Who was that team I played? The flies or mosquito's or something. :lol8: :boxing: :clap: :stud: :blbl:

icthys
09-12-2005, 06:22 AM
It's only week 1 right? That's what a true competitor would say.

If my RB's continue to pull off 2 pts a week I'm in big trouble!

accadacca
09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Teams participating in the wager......

Team__________uutah username____________Paid__

Wasatch Wasps (icthys)--------------------------------$10.00
Big Balls (accadacca)------------------------------------$10.00
Savage Injuns (rockgremlin)---------------------------$10.00
Sons of Beaches (Sombeech)--------------------------$10.00
Cunning Cowboy (Pokerfan)---------------------------$10.00
Blood Spillers (jimflint1)---------------------------------$10.00
Ice (Iceaxe)-----------------------------------------------$10.00
crickets (NR)-----------------------------------------------$10.00

Total___________________________________$80.00

live2ride
09-12-2005, 04:22 PM
i will participate in the wager and I will get the money to whomever soon, I have been out of town and am still out of town so when I get home I will get it.

Remember it is still week one for Fantasy Football you never know what is going to happen!!!

Iceaxe
09-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Shiiiiittttt.....

First week and it already looks like some of you clowns better start mowing lawns or delivering pizza so you can pay off your bets.

:roflol:

:bootyshake:

Iceaxe
09-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Dude!! I'm tied for 2nd place with Ice!! Hey Ice - What happened to your boy Mr. Favre?

I just fired his ass..... if you like him you can pick him up off waviers :lol8:

:hail2thechief: I got me a new stud at QB.

Shane

Wasatch Rebel
09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
As soon as I get past some of these writing deadlines I have coming up, I can maybe spend more time monkeying around with player changes etc.. I guess I may have to let it ride through week two. I may be able to get back in this thing if some of these players will do something.:)))

Iceaxe
09-13-2005, 02:01 PM
I guess I may have to let it ride through week two. I may be able to get back in this thing if some of these players will do something.:)))

Looks like you got a pretty good team. I would be happy to swap you QB's :roll:

live2ride
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
I am open an willing to entertain the thought of Trading some players. Any one else want to start the trading game!!!

accadacca
09-19-2005, 05:44 PM
I am happy so far. I think someone was a little too quick to pull the trigger on Brett Favre. :roll: (You know who you are :lol8: ) I picked him up on wavers and he may end up as my starter. 20 points this week compared to Brady's 7. Thanks again Ice..... :naughty: I should be 2-0 after Clinton Portis and the Washington defense roll up the Cowboys tonight. :blahblah:

icthys
09-20-2005, 06:03 AM
I'd be interested in a trading game. My RB's have really flopped and without one getting me some points I'm doomed.

live2ride
09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
lets see what we can do then!!
TRADES!!! contact me via PM

accadacca
09-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I am looking forward to this week. I was lucky enough to pick up Favre. They have Tampa at home and it could get ugly. TB has never played well at GB, except for the Super Bowl run. Favre had 20 points last week right after he was let go. :lol8: Let the trash talk begin.............GO BIG BALLS!!!! :boxing:

live2ride
09-26-2005, 10:35 AM
big balls talked some sh** and he better hope he can squeeze this one out tonight!!

rockgremlin
09-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Big Balls has played all of his games for week three. He stands at 49 points.

I've got 5 players in action tonight!! :2thumbs:

icthys
09-26-2005, 11:46 AM
I've got 5 players in action tonight!! :2thumbs:

Yep, I'm screwed.

Was there like a 30 day refund on my $10?

Iceaxe
09-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I was lucky enough to pick up Favre.

I'm more then happy with my new QB

E. Manning
week 3: 19
season 39

Farve
Week 3: 9
Season: 27

Farve is over the hill and on a poor team..... hope you enjoy him :roflol:

accadacca
09-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah Favre did better than Brady this week for me. Live2ride got SCREWED!!! :lol8: He had a chance to beat me on Monday night football and his RB L. Johnson layed an egg. Carrying the ball 8 times for 13 yards = -2. :wedgie:

accadacca
09-30-2005, 11:30 AM
This week will be a close match between rockgremlin's Savage Injuns and my team Big Balls. We are both 3-0 and somebodies going to go home with their tail between their legs. :lol8: I hope it is not me......the projected score is 62-62. It is going to be close. We both have equal away games. Bring it on.... :guitar:

rockgremlin
09-30-2005, 11:37 AM
This week will be a close match between rockgremlin's Savage Injuns and my team Big Balls. We are both 3-0 and somebodies going to go home with their tail between their legs. :lol8: I hope it is not me......the projected score is 62-62. It is going to be close. We both have equal away games. Bring it on.... :guitar:

Ya this one will be a barnburner!! :popcorn:

accadacca
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah and as for the rest of you losers......bring it and kick your pansie a** players in the "A"! :bootyshake: :lol8:

Wasatch Rebel
09-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah and as for the rest of you losers......bring it and kick your pansie a** players in the "A"! :bootyshake: :lol8:

Hey, Blood Spillers are comin' on strong--I've moved up to fourth after being ninth in week one. And if I wouldn't have started Dilpher instead of Vick in week three, I might be sitting in 3rd right now. Of course, I canned a few players--so maybe I can move up even more. Watch out!!! :twisted:

Iceaxe
10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah Favre did better than Brady this week for me.

My new starting QB just put up a monster 29!!!! :five:

Hell.... I got a back up QB sittting on the bench who just put up a 24. :five:

Farve is just a sad memory for my fantasy team.... hope you enjoy him.

accadacca
10-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah Favre did better than Brady this week for me.

My new starting QB just put up a monster 29!!!! :five:

Hell.... I got a back up QB sittting on the bench who just put up a 24. :five:

Farve is just a sad memory for my fantasy team.... hope you enjoy him.

Ok you had a good week..... :blahblah:

Well you did clean house.... :nod: I did wonder tho when you picked up Rattay? :roll:
I still have a small chance at staying undefeated. It goes down to Monday night for rockgremlin and it. :boxing:

icthys
10-03-2005, 06:10 AM
I need 1 point to pick up my first W. I've started out slow like always, don't forget who's down at the bottom, it's only week 4.

Iceaxe
10-03-2005, 07:08 AM
I think the standings will begin to shuffle up. Folks are starting to understand how this thing really works.

:blahblah:

icthys
10-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Hot dog!!! I won!!!

Who's next? Bring it on!

Wasatch Rebel
10-04-2005, 01:33 PM
A 98? And a 95? With contributors like that, how did I ever get into second place? Holy cow--I'm doomed!!!! :nod:

Iceaxe
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
One BIG problem for me.... half my team is made up of the NY Giants and they have bye next week..... I'm doomed for one more week and then I have a good team put together to make a big run :popcorn:

After this weekend I have all my byes covered with good back ups :haha:

accadacca
10-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah Favre did better than Brady this week for me. Farve is just a sad memory for my fantasy team.... hope you enjoy him.

30 points for Favre this week. Too bad he was on my bench!!! :wallbash: He was 1st in points this week. And hey Ice tell me when you are dropping Plaxico and Eli for your bye week. :haha:
....yeah and I dropped to 5th...... :bootyshake:

Iceaxe
10-04-2005, 08:26 PM
30 points for Favre this week. Too bad he was on my bench!!!

:banana: SCOREBOARD!!!! :banana:

Lets check it out.... my starting QB is averaging 17 points a game. Your starting QB is averaging 9.... Ol' Smelly Fart is averaging 15, but you benched him.... conclusion....

If you can't run with the big dogs you had better stay on the porch. :five:

:popcorn:

accadacca
10-04-2005, 08:55 PM
If you can't run with the big dogs you had better stay on the porch. :five:

Yeah back OFF......... :frustrated: :lol8: At least I'm not starting Daddies boy Eli..... :five:

live2ride
10-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Things are going to start getting mixed up in the standings pretty soon. It is just starting to get good. I better not play more people who have all of these sleepers sddenly come to life and then go away after I play them

accadacca
10-09-2005, 03:51 PM
We have several deadbeat teams this week?? :ne_nau: Sons of Beaches is one of them with two players in that have a bye this week. Also the Krum Catchers have 2 in with byes, then Cunning Cowboy with 3??? Also M. Vick is out for the Blood Spillers, yet he is on the starting roster?? :roll:

I guess I shouldn't say anything.........I wish that I was playing one of them this week.... :naughty:

Iceaxe
10-09-2005, 04:08 PM
I guess I lucked out. Everyone on my first team had a bye so it was playing second string all the way... lucky for me I drew Cunning Cowboys who never bother to swap out his bye players.

Ya'll better watch out.... from here on in I have no serious byes to screw up my team.

Iceaxe
10-09-2005, 05:09 PM
SUCKERS!!!!!

I put the 5th best TE in the league on waviers because I needed help with my big BYE weekend and none of you fools picked him up.

:bootyshake: SUCKERS :bootyshake:

I can't believe no one picked him up.

:five:

accadacca
10-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Uhhh.....I have Gates at TE, no regrets. Favre pulled in 22 for me this week. Thanks again.....ICE. :five:

Wasatch Rebel
10-10-2005, 04:44 AM
AARGH, I hate being so busy I make mistakes!!! I changed my starting lineup, but forgot to click the "Submit Changes" button!!!! :frustrated:
So I end up with a big fat zero on QB etc. Dohhh!!!

Oh well, better luck next week.

Shane

Iceaxe
10-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Whomever put Ashley Lelie on waviers (Savage Injuns?) I want to say a big thank you.

hehehe....

Favre will have good weeks against poor teams. He just doesn't have the team around him to do it every week. If you like him glad I could help out....

Ice

rockgremlin
10-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Whomever put Ashley Lelie on waviers (Savage Injuns?) I want to say a big thank you.

Um.......you might want to take a look at his total offense for this season. In yesterday's game, he had a paltry 5 YARDS TOTAL OFFENSE!!!! This suggests that last night's touchdown was a fluke. Dude, he had ONE reception. Count them: ONE! Fortunately for you, his only reception happened to be in the end-zone. In five games he has had a total of 113 yards total offense!! He sucks!!!

If I would have held on to him, I would have surely lost to Big Balls last week (last week, he had a total of 13 yards total offense!)

Look at the big picture....

Iceaxe
10-10-2005, 08:46 AM
6 is good.... I'll take it every week. :five:

We shall see how the big picture plays out... Ashley's problem is Plummer, not Ashley.... and I am banking the coaching staff will correct that little problem.

Ashley can catch the pill if you toss it his way.... YMMV.

Anyhoo.... I got 6 from Ashley!!!! How did your recievers do???? :bootyshake:

rockgremlin
10-10-2005, 08:50 AM
6 is good.... I'll take it every week. :five:

If you get 6 out of Ashley every week, I'll eat my humble pie at the end of this season. But don't bet on it... :nono:

Iceaxe
10-10-2005, 09:00 AM
But I only need 6 out of Ashley the weeks that I play him.... hehehe.... not every week :hail2thechief:

rockgremlin
10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
I've got a general roster question. A typical starting line-up consists of 3 wide receivers and two running backs. Is that configuration MANDATORY? Or is it possible to start two wide receivers and 3 running backs?

KillEmAll
10-10-2005, 01:04 PM
... Ashley's problem is Plummer, not Ashley.... and I am banking the coaching staff will correct that little problem.

Ashley can catch the pill if you toss it his way.... YMMV.

So why does he drop so many balls? The reason he isn't getting many thrown his way is because he's been so inconsistent. If there are going to be any changes made by the coaches, it will undoubtedly be with Lelie and not plummer. Have you watched any Bronco games this year? Granted, Plummer hasn't been very productive, but Plummer's not going anywhere. At least not this year. One positive note for Lelie, though is that they are trying to keep him in the offense rather than giving up on him altogether. And if you can figure which couple of games he gets 6 on, then you deserve to win. He got his 6 against a top rated defense, so go figure.

Iceaxe
10-10-2005, 01:21 PM
All I can really say is....

:banana: SCOREBOARD :banana:

:smilehah:I played Ashley, he scored 6..... I'm happy, Ashley's happy, the Bronco's are happy....

nitmik
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Are you guys doing a fantasy basketball, I would be in if you are and need another player, I also have a friend who would play.

rockgremlin
10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Are you guys doing a fantasy basketball, I would be in if you are and need another player, I also have a friend who would play.

I think it would be fun. When does it begin?

nitmik
10-10-2005, 03:07 PM

the draft is October 18th on Yahoo.

accadacca
10-10-2005, 03:10 PM

Anyone want to be the commissioner??? Get the low down 'n' stuff.....We should call the league uutah.com. Like the football league..... :nod:

nitmik
10-10-2005, 03:11 PM

Anyone want to be the commissioner??? Get the low down 'n' stuff.....We should call the league uutah.com. Like the football league..... :nod:

And we'll have to act fast since the draft is next Tuesday

accadacca
10-10-2005, 03:12 PM

And we'll have to act fast since the draft is next Tuesday
Uhhh yep... :nod:

accadacca
10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
I won in a shoot out this week 90-89. Rockgremlins team is going to get dethroned this Sunday. :bash: Then he will drop out of the top 5........to never return. :fakelaugh:

Iceaxe
10-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Yup... look at total points to see who has the horsepower and who is living on barrowed time :-)

I think Lurpy will be moving up... that team is really putting up some points.

:blahblah:

rockgremlin
10-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm hearing a lot of bitching and moaning from teams who are NOT UNDEFEATED!!!!! :haha:

Iceaxe
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
tick... tock...

your time is drawing near... hehehe...

rockgremlin
10-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Whatever. :roll: You picked Live2Ride to beat me last week, and lo and behold I'm still undefeated! :lol8:

Iceaxe
10-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Dude.... I'm picking against you every week until someone knocks you off.... :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
10-11-2005, 03:13 PM
SHIT!! Well, go ahead and place your bets against me this week...my star Running Back (Thomas Jones, Chicago Bears) has been placed on the injury list pending up and coming surgery on an injured knee.
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

He's pretty much my bread and butter RB, so I guess I'm screwed now. Couldn't have come at a better time too - the week I play the second best team in the league (again)! Again, why can't I get a break and play a crappy team this week? I've been playing nothing but the best teams in the league ever since week one!

Iceaxe
10-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Join the club.... I lost my best receiver to a knee injury.

But thats cool.... I got Ashley scoring TD's now :roflol:

accadacca
10-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Yup... look at total points to see who has the horsepower and who is living on barrowed time :-)
You got it....... :bootyshake:

rockgremlin
10-11-2005, 03:52 PM

BooHoo. I won, you lost...get over it!!!

:cry1: <----------- Accadacca

accadacca
10-11-2005, 04:03 PM

BooHoo. I won, you lost...get over it!!!

:cry1: <----------- Accadacca
Live it up while you can..... :naughty: You'll be a bottom feeder after this week. :blbl:

Hows that for some SMACK!!! :lol8:

Iceaxe
10-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Just curious.... how many teams make the playoffs? How do the playoffs work? heads up, loser goes home?

Ice

accadacca
10-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Just curious.... how many teams make the playoffs? How do the playoffs work? heads up, loser goes home?

Ice

I know that 8 teams make it.........that is about all I know. :ne_nau:

icthys
10-12-2005, 02:44 PM
I think I did set it for 8 teams. You lose once in the playoffs and you're out.

I've been so dang busy I haven't been able to put in time to run my team well. I also picked the wrong reciever to drop, Eric Moulds, he had a great game sunday and now someone picked him up. I think I'm doomed this year!

accadacca
10-13-2005, 07:37 AM
Damn the Krum Katchers....... :frustrated: I had it in my tasks to pick up T. Gonzalez this morning. I was actually going to set my alarm and do it at 12:00am. I should have....... :chairshot: Someone is going to be sorry that they dropped him. The chiefs will get him involved, he set an NFL record for TE catches last year. :nod:

rockgremlin
10-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Someone is going to be sorry that they dropped him. The chiefs will get him involved, he set an NFL record for TE catches last year. :nod:

You know, you all sure talk a lot about how sorry I'm gonna be for dropping so-and-so, but I'll let my record do the talking....

I give my players 5 weeks to pull their heads out of their asses. If after 5 weeks they're still scoreless, and barely manage single digit yardage, I dump them. I hope you guys are pleased with single digit yardage and no TDs, cause that's what you're gonna get with Gonzalez and Lelie.

I don't regret any changes I've made -- I'm undefeated!!!!!!!!!!! :blbl:

accadacca
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't regret any changes I've made -- I'm undefeated!!!!!!!!!!! :blbl:
Who is running the crickets squad? They have a "Q" and a "Bye" on the starting roster. :ne_nau: I am worried about them.......... :naughty:

rockgremlin
10-14-2005, 11:58 AM
His "Q" is Torry Holt, one of the best WRs in the NFL. He is taking it day-to-day. It's possible that Torry will play on Monday. If I had Torry, I'd bank on him playing. He's too good to bench. The bye guy I dunno about, I suspect he'll swap him out last minute.

I have a "Q" on my roster too - Thomas Jones, who's been my bread n' butter RB this season. He is also taking it day-to-day. I am hoping that by Sunday he will be in good enough condition to make it out on the field. If Thomas doesn't play, I'm gonna be faced with the prospect of accepting my first L.

Iceaxe
10-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Damn.... I'm getting hosed this weekend!!!!

First I lose Randle El on waviers to some wanker who put him on the bench. Guess he figured Farve needs someone to talk with while riding the pine :haha:

Next The Giants choke, which is over half my offense. And to top my day off the Pat's bench Dillion who was listed as probable.

So....

Unless the Indy D can score about 50 points Monday i'm totally screwed. :chairshot:

accadacca
10-16-2005, 08:47 PM
I feel sorry for live2ride. He was doing good until S. Alexander went to the house 4 times on Sunday night football and ended up with 31. Damn how bad are the Texans.... :roll:

I have been in close games since week 2. I think that son of a beech is going to get me on MNF. As for rockgremlin. LUCKY SOB.....his players all had good games. Oh yeah and dont worry about Randle El. I was planning on seeing how he did this week. Looks like he belongs in the starting lineup. :naughty:

rockgremlin
10-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Damn the Krum Katchers....... :frustrated: I had it in my tasks to pick up T. Gonzalez this morning. I was actually going to set my alarm and do it at 12:00am. I should have....... :chairshot: Someone is going to be sorry that they dropped him. The chiefs will get him involved, he set an NFL record for TE catches last year. :nod:

So let's all take a look at Gonzalez's stats for Sunday's game against Washington:

2 Catches for a grand total of 13 WHOPPING YARDS and ZERO TDs!!!!! WHOOPTY - DO!!! :haha: :haha:

Ya, I'm REAAALLLYY sorry I dropped him..... :roflol:

KillEmAll
10-17-2005, 07:42 AM

So let's all take a look at Gonzalez's stats for Sunday's game against Washington:

2 Catches for a grand total of 13 WHOPPING YARDS and ZERO TDs!!!!! WHOOPTY - DO!!! :haha: :haha:

Ya, I'm REAAALLLYY sorry I dropped him..... :roflol:

Dude, he's supposed to be the premier tight end ?!? Well, I picked him up hoping he'd break out, but it doesn't look like it. Man, a decent tight end is hard to come by though. Same with receivers. Good thing I have Ladanian!

rockgremlin
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Dude, he's supposed to be the premier tight end ?!? Well, I picked him up hoping he'd break out, but it doesn't look like it. Man, a decent tight end is hard to come by though. Same with receivers. Good thing I have Ladanian!

Ya, tell me about it!!! I was stoked at the beginning of the season because I had the top rated TE in the league. After he hung donuts on me for FIVE STRAIGHT WEEKS, I dropped his worthless ass!!

rockgremlin
10-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Not looking good for the poor crickets. I see on the horizon a very large flock of seagulls, and they're hungry for one thing.....Crickets!!!

rockgremlin
10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Let the $hit-talk begin (you had to know this was coming)...

Rockgremlins team is going to get dethroned this Sunday. :bash: Then he will drop out of the top 5........to never return. :fakelaugh:

GUESS AGAIN!!!! THE CRICKETS FELL TO THE MIGHTY SAVAGE INJUNS!! I AM NOW 6 - 0, AND STILL.......................U-N-D-E-F-E-A-T-E-D!!!

tick... tock...

your time is drawing near... hehehe...

I think 94 points is a pretty healthy score, don't you?!

Live it up while you can..... You'll be a bottom feeder after this week.

Didn't you mean to say "an UNDEFEATED bottom-feeder?!?!" :nod: :nod: :nod:

I notice every week you guys keep voting against me in the polls. Keep it up, it just makes my victories that much sweeter!!! :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
10-20-2005, 12:55 PM
So that's it then? No more trash talk? :ne_nau: Come on man! You could at least resort to name-calling! :haha:

accadacca
10-20-2005, 06:10 PM
So that's it then? No more trash talk? :ne_nau: Come on man! You could at least resort to name-calling! :haha:
Your a lucky bastage and you SUCK!!! Hows that? :haha:

rockgremlin
10-20-2005, 07:14 PM
That's better!! :five:

live2ride
10-23-2005, 09:02 PM
I better win this week or I am going to throw my damn computer out the window!!!!

LIVE2ride

rockgremlin
10-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Well, I dunno what to say? I VOTE AGAINST myself, and I still win. :ne_nau: :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
10-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Shhhiiiitttt.... At the moment this is just a beauty contest. When its time to start playing for the money we'll see how you do.....

I'm betting you.... CHOKE!!!!

accadacca
10-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Yeah the SI's are the luckiest bunch of SOB's that I have ever seen! :bootyshake:

accadacca
10-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Looks like my team is going to get another win this week.........no prob. Line up the next dummies..... :lol8: Thanks again for Favre ICE..... :bootyshake: 6-1 is nice.... :naughty:

rockgremlin
10-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Well, having battled through the toughest teams in the league, I plan on just coasting the rest of the way. For the next few weeks I'll be playing bottom-feeders.

Ahhhhh....9-0. It's got a nice ring to it, don't you think? :bootyshake:

accadacca
10-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Looks like we have a bunch of dead beats lined up for this week. Unless they makes some changes tonight??? We will have to do an extensive screening process next year. :nod:

Iceaxe
10-29-2005, 09:06 PM
We will have to do an extensive screening process next year.

Hey, I have really enjoyed this year.... its my first fantasy football team. I'll be back for more. I vote we create a pot next year that you must pay $20 into before getting a team. That should eliminate the slugs.

:nono: But we all know gambling is illegal so it will have to be 20 pretend dollars :roflol:

Ice

rockgremlin
10-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Ya, I've really enjoyed it too! I'd do it again in a heartbeat! The 20 bucks up front idea is a good one I think.

Even though I'm 7-0, I would still be having a lot of fun with it if I didn't have a winning record. It's all about the competition and the trash talk. Admittedly, I have gotten lucky several times (against Live2Ride, Crickets, Lurpy Beasts, and Big Balls).

rockgremlin
10-30-2005, 01:04 PM
BTW Big Balls, you were wise (or lucky?) to put Brady in as your starting QB.

Favre threw only 1 TD, and 5 INTERCEPTIONS!!!!!!

accadacca
10-30-2005, 02:14 PM
BTW Big Balls, you were wise (or lucky?) to put Brady in as your starting QB.

Favre threw only 1 TD, and 5 INTERCEPTIONS!!!!!!
All skill my friend...... :naughty:

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 07:33 AM
Hey.... I want you guys to notice.... If Pitts D or TE can put up 2 lousey points tonight I picked every Fantasy League matchup correctly this week....

Yeepee for me :five:

accadacca
10-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Yeah I had P. Pass in for E. James and he came out firing. After 5 successful runs he fumbled and grabbed his leg. He did not return....:frustrated: A. Gates on the other hand went to the house three times and put up 25. It will take a miracle for me to get the win.

KillEmAll
10-31-2005, 09:01 AM
A. Gates on the other hand went to the house three times and put up 25
Gates was tearin' it up! Man, the Chargers have got some real fantasy gems. LT has been getting me some good wins because my recieving corp sucks! By the way, It'll take more than a miracle to win Big Balls... My D is going up against the Ravens! 25th ranked offense vs. the 8th ranked Defense.

KillEmAll
10-31-2005, 09:05 AM
If Pitts D or TE can put up 2 lousey points tonight I picked every Fantasy League matchup correctly this week....

Nice job Ice. That should almost get you another mark in the W column. And thanks for showin' some love by voting for me.

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 09:16 AM
The part that really sucks is the Injuins put up a kiss-ass 47 and get anther win..... I'm taking that boy to Vegas with me because he is one lucky toad..... with his overall point total he should be mid-pack....

The guy who is getting hosed in this deal is Lurpy..... he should be leading.....

Oh well.... the cream usually rises to the top..... just need to qualify for the playoffs at this point in time.

accadacca
10-31-2005, 09:32 AM
I have been in a close game EVERY week......... :frustrated:

Makes things exciting tho. :popcorn:

rockgremlin
10-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Ya, I'll admit that EVERY SINGLE TIME my point totals dropped, my opponent's point totals dropped dramatically as well. It could be luck. It could be that I'm placing a hex on the other team so that they won't do better than me no matter how good they are! :haha:

I think the key to winning at Fantasy Football is just staying on top of your players every single week. Three of my wins have come from weeks when I played opponents who had "bye" players in their rosters, this week being no exception. Several weeks ago when I played Live2Ride, I lucked out big time because I scored a measly 42 points and still beat him (only by 2 points), but that's because he didn't replace one of his best players who was out with an injury that week.

Both Crickets and Sons of Beaches played me with "bye" players in their starting line-up.

Gotta stay on top of it to get the W.

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 10:11 AM
It seems every time I have an off week I'm playing a good team and I get stomped and every time I have an outstanding weekend I'm playing a team without a manager. That's kinda the luck of the draw. This is also my first fantasy team and it took me a couple of weeks to get the swing of things.

Yeah..... it would be nice if everyone took 10 minutes every Friday and watched over there teams. There is NO excuse for having players in bye weeks. You can set you line-up in advance from the first day you got your team.

Ice

accadacca
10-31-2005, 11:46 AM
This is all case in point for the screening process next year. It is the only way to make it fair....

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 12:07 PM
This is all case in point for the screening process next year. It is the only way to make it fair....

As I mentioned..... a $20 or $25 entrance fee goes a long way to making sure a teams gets some management.

:cool2:

icthys
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM

As I mentioned..... a $20 or $25 entrance fee goes a long way to making sure a teams gets some management.

:cool2:

I had a hard time getting enough guys to play even with no league fee. Anyone is my guest to take up the commish job next year if they'd like.

My team is doomed, I can't even beat guys not managing teams.

Biggest flop of the year, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY RB'S!!!

rockgremlin
10-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Which team is yours Icthys?

Maybe we should start up the trade process...

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 03:19 PM
I had a hard time getting enough guys to play even with no league fee. Anyone is my guest to take up the commish job next year if they'd like.

My team is doomed, I can't even beat guys not managing teams.

Biggest flop of the year, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY RB'S!!!

No complaints with the commish job.... We'll just help recruit some good managers next year. I'm sure we can all bring one new player to the table.

As for RB's... get rid of them and get some new ones..... QB's and RB's are two of the easier items..... its WR's that suck.....

:rockon:

Ice

rockgremlin
10-31-2005, 03:25 PM
Ya, WRs are a hot commodity. My WRs get a lot of yardage, but not many TDs. A good TE is also tough to come by.

I have zero complaints about the current commish position. If you weren't as diligent at the start of the season about getting guys signed up, I wouldn't have played.

accadacca
10-31-2005, 03:29 PM
A good TE is also tough to come by.
No complaints here.... :lol8:

I have zero complaints about the current commish position. If you weren't as diligent at the start of the season about getting guys signed up, I wouldn't have played.
100% agreed.......it was a great idea itchys and you started all the madness. Sorry about your team tho... :roflol:

KillEmAll
10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Definitely no complaints here either. Even though there have been some snoozers, the league has been pretty competetive and quite a lot of fun. Now, like Gremlin said, let's get trading!

KillEmAll
10-31-2005, 03:32 PM
A good TE is also tough to come by

My TE acquisition T. Gonzalez is starting to produce. I guess it's time to start him. :haha:

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey... as for RB's I just picked up next weeks big sleeper...... Mewelde Moore, RB, Vikings. After Culpepper got his leg ripped off Moore becomes the Vik's major/only offensive weapon..... and they are home against the Lions next week.

I'll trade him for a descent WR....

I lost a good WR for the year when D. Jackson was sidelined for the rest of the year with injury.

rockgremlin
10-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Ya, Gonzalez finally pulled his head out of his ass! The ironic thing is that I would seriously entertain trading something to get him back. My TEs aren't doing anything, never have!

As I understood it, Jackson was taking it week-by-week. I picked him up and am currently holding on to him in hopes that he makes it back in time for the playoffs.

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 03:54 PM
As I understood it, Jackson was taking it week-by-week.

Yeah right..... and your girlfriend is really a virgin..... snicker, snicker....

He's done..... stick a fork in him :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
10-31-2005, 03:58 PM

Yeah right..... and your girlfriend is really a virgin..... snicker, snicker....

:haha: :haha: Why ya gotta go an' shoot down my dreams?! :haha: :haha:

Superriffic S*
10-31-2005, 04:08 PM

:haha: :haha: Why ya gotta go an' shoot down my dreams?! :haha: :haha:

I don't mean to de-rail this thread, but... Is there a reason guys fantasize about having a virgin girlfriend...? It isn't as tho you are going to have a "good ride" from a virgin. I think it's a big misconception. It took me a while to get good at what I do in bed and believe me I wouldn't go back to being a virgin, ever! Unless I was as good the first time as I am now. Now, theres a thought. :naughty:

Sorry, please, continue!

Iceaxe
10-31-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't fantasize about virgins..... I fantasize that my wife won't find out about my girlfrind :five:

And I fantasize that my girlfriend will turn into a hero sandwich at midnight :mrgreen:

And I fantasize that my girlfriend won't tell the principle why she was not in homeroom this morning :bootyshake:

Superriffic S*
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
And I fantasize that my girlfriend won't tell the principle why she was not in homeroom this morning :bootyshake:

Isn't that technically statutory? I guess I can't voice my opinion in an opposing way... I was jail bait to my first. Oh, to be 17 again in my best friends Mom's bed. GT's :nod:

rockgremlin
10-31-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't mean to de-rail this thread, but... Is there a reason guys fantasize about having a virgin girlfriend...?

Because as Brenda's mom in Six Feet Under says:

"Noone wants to have sex with a glass of water!"

She says this after telling Brenda that she had just had "vaginal reconstructive surgery."

Superriffic S*
10-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Because as Brenda's mom in Six Feet Under says:

"Noone wants to have sex with a glass of water!"

She says this after telling Brenda that she had just had "vaginal reconstructive surgery."

Interesting... I am glad that out of ALL the lines in Six Feet, you remembered THAT one. Good Job! And, I don't think that having sex with me would be like having sex with a "glass of water". Not that I want everyone to compare me to a virgin or a glass of water. But, depending on the girl, even a virgin could be considered having sex with a "glass of water" everyone's body is built differently.

accadacca
10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
:nono: I leave for a few minutes and the FB talk turns into bring out the dogs.... :lol:

Go Ravins!!! :naughty:

accadacca
10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Its all over H. Miller for the SCORE.....6-2 for acca.

Iceaxe
11-01-2005, 07:12 AM
:2guns: Four of the top five teeams in the Fantasy League play each other this weekend..... going to be a big week. :duel:

icthys
11-01-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm the Wasatch Wasps.

If RB's were sp easy to come by someone trade me LT2 and go find another one. RB's are a big part of winning, they are setup to recieve the most points. 1 pt every 20 yds running compared to 1 pt for every 50 yds recieving. Not to mention the bonus pts for getting over 100 yds rushing.

My WR's haven't been so hot either, except for Moss. My biggest accomplishment has been picking up my kicker off of waivers at the beginning of the season, he's scored more points than anyone else on my team.

I've at least got to make the playoffs.

Iceaxe
11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
If RB's were sp easy to come by someone trade me LT2 and go find another one.

If he were mine to trade I would....... :roflol:

rockgremlin
11-06-2005, 08:24 PM
OK. I AM SOOO SCREWED FOR WEEK 10!!

Both my starting QB (Carson Palmer) AND my backup QB (Drew Brees) have a bye!!!!

Does anyone have a decent spare QB on their bench that they would be willing to trade for? I would be willing to part with Drew Brees for a decent QB. After week ten, you can keep Drew. He's a great QB! 14 TDs this season! If Drew Brees is better than your current starting QB, then this is a good deal. Think about it.

Iceaxe
11-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Both my starting QB (Carson Palmer) AND my backup QB (Drew Brees) have a bye!!!!

About frickin time.... I had the same problem a while back when both my QB's and both my TE's all had a BYE on the same week.

NOBODY trade with SI.... this is our week to get him and hang a loss around his neck. Or pick up some of his good players he will be forced to dump in order to cover the holes in his line up :haha: Lots of his players have a BYE this week.... and he plays a descent team (even if they will be missing LT).... Rock is screwed!!!!

Time to pick your poison Rock :2thumbs: either dump players or play guys with a BYE. :five:

This should be interesting.... :popcorn:

Wasatch Rebel
11-07-2005, 04:49 AM
I think I'm gonna get rolled by Big Balls. I have a hefty lead going into Monday night, but he's got five players playing tonight. Yikes!

accadacca
11-07-2005, 07:38 AM
I think I'm gonna get rolled by Big Balls. I have a hefty lead going into Monday night, but he's got five players playing tonight. Yikes!
I hope so.....it should be close. I have "3" players going tonight. Brady, Branch and James. I have a feeling it is going to be a defensive struggle... :eek2:

Iceaxe
11-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Tonight is big for me also.... I have the Indy D and a 14 point lead.... but.... my intended victim, Crickets, has Payton Manning. Payton can put up 14 points in his sleep!

rockgremlin
11-07-2005, 09:13 AM

About frickin time.... I had the same problem a while back when both my QB's and both my TE's all had a BYE on the same week.

NOBODY trade with SI.... this is our week to get him and hang a loss around his neck. Or pick up some of his good players he will be forced to dump in order to cover the holes in his line up :haha: Lots of his players have a BYE this week.... and he plays a descent team (even if they will be missing LT).... Rock is screwed!!!!

Time to pick your poison Rock :2thumbs: either dump players or play guys with a BYE. :five:

This should be interesting.... :popcorn:

Well, if you could benefit from having a better QB in your line-up in Drew Brees, and you choose NOT to trade with me...I think the term for that is "Cutting off your nose to spite your face."

When you had all of those byes in your line-up during that one week, why didn't you try and strike up a trade with someone?

Iceaxe
11-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Maybe you can trade him for Farve. I see he scored anther big ZERO and is riding the bench.... again.... :roflol:

I already have the #3 QB :2thumbs:

icthys
11-07-2005, 09:58 AM
I've got Kerry Collins and Brad Johnson.

Collins has been consistent and is a good start any week.

I just picked up Johnson who is starting for Minn. He scored over 20 pts yesterday and has quite an easy schedule for the rest of the season.

Make me a sweet offer, unlike the nutsack that offered me Ricky Williams for Santana Moss!

rockgremlin
11-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I propose my Drew Brees for your Kerry Collins. I've done the math and the stats work out in your favor. Stats since week 6:

Week 6
Yardage: Collins 292, Brees 164
TDs: Collins 0, Brees 1
INT: Collins 1, Brees 0

Week 7
Yardage: Collins 261, Brees 299
TDs: Collins 1, Brees 2
INT: Collins 0, Brees 2

Week 8
Yardage: Collins 238, Brees 324
TDs: Collins 3, Brees 3
INT: Collins 1, Brees 1

Week 9
Yardage: Collins 175, Brees 270
TDs: Collins 2, Brees 1
INT: Collins 1, Brees 1

TOTALS - LAST FOUR WEEKS
Yardage: Collins 966, Brees 1057
TDs: Collins 6, Brees 7
INT: Collins 3, Brees 4

Collins is the 8th ranked QB. Brees is the 5th ranked QB.

I'm willing to make this trade because I'm strapped for a QB this week. My loss is your gain. My offer comes with a guarantee: If you're dissatisfied with Brees down the road, and want Collins back at any time, let me know and we'll trade back.

rockgremlin
11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Oh and another thing Icthys...if we do make the trade, Brees isn't gonna do you any good during week 10 (since he has a bye). I just picked up Chicago's QB (Kyle Orton), who is decent. Chicago is at home against the 49ers in week 10, so he should turn out some decent numbers. I would give you both Orton AND Brees for Collins.

icthys
11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
So, I would basically be doing you a BIG favor. Yes, you've got Orton, but even against SF, Chicago's Offense isn't that great. If I took your trade I would get a QB who has a bye, you would get a great play in Collins. I'd be left with Johnson who did have a good game against Detroit but playing him against the Giants this week is a risk.

I'll send you an official trade offer.

rockgremlin
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Well, yes, but you also get Drew Brees for the remainder of the season.

Statistically, Orton is a much better QB than Johnson. Johnson only has three weeks of starting experience. And, the Minnesotta Viking's offensive line sucks (which is why Culpepper is sitting on the sideline with his knee in a cast these days). In other words, Johnson is "sack-bait."

accadacca
11-08-2005, 02:23 PM
I hope so.....it should be close. I have "3" players going tonight. Brady, Branch and James. I have a feeling it is going to be a defensive struggle... :eek2:
WTF....I just lost a day. Meaning I forgot it was Monday yesterday. My weekend was so busy and then I took a half day off on Monday. It threw me off and I have been in a time warp since then. I just realized that I forgot to watch and see what happened. Luckily my boys cleaned house and I got the win. It looks like Ice got smoked by Manning and company. :bootyshake:

I am a little late with the smack talk.....well it should have been this morning or late last night. :naughty:

accadacca
11-08-2005, 02:36 PM
This SUCKS.... :frustrated:

Those SOB'in SI's are getting the KC's when LT has a bye. Hows that for some initial use.... :lol8:

KillEmAll
11-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah, but he's also got a ton of byes... not to mention some questionable RBs (Holmes, Jones). I think the Injuns are going down!

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, but he's also got a ton of byes... not to mention some questionable RBs (Holmes, Thomas). I think the Injuns are going down!

I think you're right. My two heavy-hitters are going down with injuries this week (Holmes with a concussion, and Thomas with bruised ribs). That and my boy Carson Palmer has a bye.

I'm D E A D!! :frustrated:

icthys
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Should've taken my trade offer!

accadacca
11-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Should've taken my trade offer! :bootyshake:

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 05:56 PM

Ya, right!!!! You know what this joker offered me? Kerry Collins for Drew Brees AND Thomas Jones. You're smokin some good stuff if you think THAT'S a fair trade!!!

icthys
11-09-2005, 07:59 AM

Ya, right!!!! You know what this joker offered me? Kerry Collins for Drew Brees AND Thomas Jones. You're smokin some good stuff if you think THAT'S a fair trade!!!

Yet you left out that I offered you Kerry Collins and my best RB for Drew Brees who isn't playing this week and has a difficult schedule, and Thomas Jones who hasn't finished playing the last few games and won't play this week because of an injury. Who knows if Thomas Jones is going to be healthy the rest of the season, and now Priest Holmes is injured and will be prone to injuries the rest of the season.

So yeah, considering the situation you're in it was a fair trade. Good luck this week.

accadacca
11-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but he's also got a ton of byes... not to mention some questionable RBs (Holmes, Thomas). I think the Injuns are going down!

I think you're right. My two heavy-hitters are going down with injuries this week (Holmes with a concussion, and Thomas with bruised ribs). That and my boy Carson Palmer has a bye.

I'm D E A D!! :frustrated:
Your SCREWED!!! Holmes could be out for the season.. :roflol:

Time for a big FAT...... L

rockgremlin
11-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Ya I know. It sucks! He was a really great player for me. Sometimes he would pull in 2 TDs a game! It's gonna suck to see him go.

Stupid powderpuff!! :roll:

I have some good backup RBs, but they have byes this week. Basically put -- I'M SCREWED!!

rockgremlin
11-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Today I mourn the loss of my strongest RB - Priest Holmes. Today the KC general manager publicly announced that Priest was done for the season.

Why couldn't it be my stupid ass TE - Heiden, who doesn't do $hit every time he steps onto the field?

Iceaxe
11-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Rock.... while you're up cryin' over spilt milk..... how about grabbin' me anther beer....... :roflol:

If I got this right 6 teams from our league make the playoffs. The top two teams have a bye in week one.

So..... the way I see it I just gotta make the playoffs with a descent team and then start gunning from there.... I've already got my current team figure out.... if the NYG are at home I'm unbeatable.... if they are on the road I'm toast.... Guess I need to work on the road part or kick Elli in the nuts.... :kicknuts:

Ice

icthys
11-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Oh donkey nuts, it is 6 teams, I thought I had set it to 8.

I've got some luck to work out to make the playoffs.

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 08:15 AM
I've got some luck to work out to make the playoffs.

I found our playoff info somewhere about a week ago but can't find it again.... so I could be dreaming.

rockgremlin
11-10-2005, 08:49 AM

Hmmmmmm.....interesting. I noticed you just added Mr. "Stick-a-fork-in-him" Jackson to your line-up.

How do those words taste?

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Hahaha.... white man speak with forked tongue :roflol:

I've wanted Jackson back ever since I had to give him up to get through the week when all my players had bye's..... I didn't think anyone would pick him up because he is/was so questionable.....

Anyhoo... if he gets healthy enough to make the playoffs I have a chance at the big bucks. he was my best receiver.

Thanks for accommodating my wishes... :bootyshake:

rockgremlin
11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
You owe me. Hopefully Moore puts up some decent numbers, cause I picked him up immediately after you dumped him. Right now I'm desperate.

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I think Moore will pay off BIG for someone. He is a little banged up so don't expect big numbers out of him this week cause he will probably be splitting time with the 2nd string guy. I would have kept him but I have three good backs.... WR's are my weakness. When I lost Jackson and had to pick up a new guy it cost me 5 points every week and I have never been able to recover those missing 5 points.

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 02:30 PM
OK, all I hear is whining about the lack of RB's. I have three prime RB's sitting on the bench this weekend. I need help at WR but will entertain all trade offers at all positions.

:banana: Bennett should put up big numbers this week, he is the only healthy back at Minn and he had over 100 yards and put up 11 fantasy points last week. He should do the same this weekend and maybe for the rest of the season. Minn lost Culpepper for the year and has no passing game. They have to run.

:banana: Parker is solid and will be for the rest of the season. He is averging better then 5 fantasy points a game.

:banana: Duce Staley is finally healthy and expected to start this weekend. What else can you say about one of the leagues finest backs.

:2thumbs:

accadacca
11-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I see that the urgency is starting to settle, in the the little league called uutah.com. :haha:

rockgremlin
11-10-2005, 03:04 PM
In the WR category I have:

D Stallworth 547 total yards, 3 TDs
D Driver 605 total yards, 3 TDs
A Bryant 492 total yards, 2 TDs
R Smith 559 total yards, 3 TDs

All are healthy and are strong starters. After Priest Holmes got his head bashed in, I'm screwed for another really good RB. Make me an offer. And don't be all pretentious and ask for three of my players in exchange for one of yours just cause I'm in a desperate situation. :roll:

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Straight trade..... Smith or Driver for the any of the RB's listed above.

rockgremlin
11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Let me think on that....

I'll let you know in a few days.

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
No problemoooo.... I'm also open to counter offers or offers from other teams.

Contact RB's-R-Us :haha:

:2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
And just to stir the pot.... Guess who was named the VISA player of the week.....

Michael Bennett #23 Minnesota Vikings

Before Sunday, Michael Bennett's last 100-yard rushing day came in Week 14 of '03 against Seattle. Since then, injuries have afforded him just 111 carries and 441 rushing yards in 19 games coming into Week 9. But Bennett, who rushed for 1,296 yards in '02, re-emerged on Sunday, thanks to a wrist strain to starter Mewelde Moore, who sustained the injury early in the game and removed himself entirely in the fourth quarter. Bennett carried 18 times for 106 yards to help lead Minnesota to just its third win of the season. Bennett figures to play a more prominent role in the offense going forward.

I still need a descent WR.... but willing to entertain all offers.....

accadacca
11-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Finally an easy stress free week for my team! :2thumbs: There ARE some close battles that will finish out the week tho!

I am working my way up to that #1 seed. :nod: I will be around 682pts by the end of the damage this week. After the SI's go down again next week and I take care of Ice. Then I will make my move. The 682 will be a full week of points ahead of anyone.... :popcorn: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:
Read'em and weep suckers!!! :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

rockgremlin
11-13-2005, 06:27 PM
I will be around 682pts by the end of the damage this week. After the SI's go down again next week and I take care of Ice. Then I will make my move. The 682 will be a full week of points ahead of anyone.... :popcorn: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:
Read'em and weep suckers!!! :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Too bad the league isn't structured around POINTS. There are 5 teams in this league that have more points than me, but I'm still #1! :bootyshake:

Iceaxe
11-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Points matter.... big time!!!

They set the order for the playoffs.....

In other words.... if the 6th and 7th place team have identical records... points are the tie breaker.... the 6th place team makes the playoffs and the 7th place team goes home!!!!

The way I see it... finishing the regular season in 1st or 2nd is good because you get a BYE. Points might decide the 2nd place team.... and the fight for 6th is really heating up.... that damn Elli Manning is KILLING me.

I need to kick that guy right in the nuts..... he has been playing great at home and sucks on the road..... which I could live with.... but now he sucks at home also.... why is this so bad you ask? Because my number one RB, TE and WR all play on Elli's team and he can't get them the damn football!!!!

Currently I'm just gunning for the playoff's.... if Elli gets hot like he did before his BYE week my team is really hard to beat.... if Elli keeps chokeing I'm a sitting duck..... I don't think any other fantasy team is tied so tight around one player.

Ice

rockgremlin
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Points matter.... big time!!!

They set the order for the playoffs.....

In other words.... if the 6th and 7th place team have identical records... points are the tie breaker.... the 6th place team makes the playoffs and the 7th place team goes home!!!!

Well...seeing as how I won't have identical records with anybody (because I can't lose), I'm not too concerned with tie-breakers. :bootyshake: :lol8:

Seriously, it's a curse to play against me. Everyone who plays me chokes. It's not that I'm that great, it's just that when everyone else plays me, they fall on their face. Case in point - this week's match-up versus the Krum Katchers -- who has been putting up HUGE numbers lately. Tonight his QB found a way to fumble away one possession, and throw 3 INTERCEPTIONS! That works out to be (-4) points. OUCH! That and L.T. has a bye, and all his other WRs only got mild gains, and ZERO TDs.

I can't explain it. :ne_nau:

accadacca
11-13-2005, 09:37 PM
ALL that matters is that your perfect season will be over after the Phillie defense lets the cowboys running game have it. Then my man T. Glen will have a field day with the Phillie secondary, just racking up more points for me. :blbl:

Time to act out your avatar...... :lol8:

Iceaxe
11-14-2005, 07:27 AM
I get Big Balls this weekend.... Big Balls gets a giant L.... you heard it here first!!!!!

rockgremlin
11-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Looks like I was on the wrong end of the lucky stick this week. Damn Jacksonville defense beat me. Couldn't Arizona have at least kicked another friggin field goal or two? Geez!!

Lots of stuff worked out against my favor this week, including the fact that I had been trying to switch Moore for Jones since Tuesday, but Yahoo wouldn't let me make the switch until Sunday morning. I tried all Sunday morning to make the switch, but it kept giving me an error message saying "Player profile may not be altered at this time."

Thomas sat out this week with bruised ribs, and Moore ran 76 yards for a TD. That alone cost me 9 points!!! Thanks a pantload Yahoo!!!! :frustrated:

Oh well, it won't happen again. You're all doomed. My boy Carson Palmer is back and healthy, and I'm deep, deep, deep with excellent RBs and WRs. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

accadacca
11-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah your boy Barber went to the house once. He almost went another time but slipped on the turf. He was inches away from the win for you. Ahhhh the first taste of a bitter LOSS! :lol8:

rockgremlin
11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah your boy Barber went to the house once. He almost went another time but slipped on the turf. He was inches away from the win for you. Ahhhh the first taste of a bitter LOSS! :lol8:

Ya, tell me about it. I was watching the game, and I saw that he had a clear shot straight to the endzone, and then he tripped or something. I was so pissed!! That should've been a 57 yard rush to the endzone, but instead it ended up being a 26 yard rush. :frustrated:

rockgremlin
11-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey for all those in need of WRs, RBs, or a good QB:

I need a decent tight end. I'm shopping Drew Brees again, but this time I'll throw in one of my decent WRs and/or RBs. Make me an offer.

No reasonable offer refused!!

Hey Krum Katchers - I see your QB scored a whopping (-4) points last week. Drew Brees has thrown TWICE as many TDs as your current QB. How about my Brees + one of my WRs or RBs for Gonzalez?

Yes, I KNOW, I KNOW, I talked a lot of $hit about Gonzalez earlier this season, but it looks like Kansas City has pulled their head outta their ass, and have decided to give him more than two touches a game.

So, whaddaya say?

rockgremlin
11-17-2005, 12:44 PM
So I think that the playoffs should be a blast considering there are several very well put together teams in our league.

I propose doing a Fantasy Football Super Bowl for the Championship game. We would all get together at somebody's place and gather up a bunch of Buffalo Wings and drinks and talk $hit, throw popcorn, etc. :popcorn: It would have to be at someone's place that has ample room (which automatically eliminates my place, but I could bring a bunch of yummy treats! :2thumbs: ).

What say you? Your thoughts? I think it could be a lot of fun!! :five:

icthys
11-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a good time to me. Buffalo wings always agree with me. To bad I still don't work where I have access to a bad ass HD theater.

I'm thinking I'm going to be the cinderalla team and take everyone by suprise from the depths of 9th place.

rockgremlin
11-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Watch out for Krum Katchers - he just got a little better. He and I struck up a deal to get my TE back in exchange for an upgrade to his WR and QB spots.

I think it worked out well for both of us.

I'm excited for the playoffs. Should be interesting. Anybody wanna volunteer their place for the Championship game? C'mon Ice -- I KNOW you live out in Draper somewhere, so your crib has gotta be pretty roomy. :nod: If someone wants to guarantee a place, then I will guarantee the good eats (Buffalo wings, home-made Rio Grande Potato Salad, 7-Layer bean dip, etc, etc)

Iceaxe
11-17-2005, 07:07 PM
C'mon Ice -- I KNOW you live out in Draper somewhere, so your crib has gotta be pretty roomy. :nod:

Shhhhiiiittttt..... what makes you think I would want any of you hilllbillies knowing where I live????

Vanilla Ice

rockgremlin
11-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Nice ride.....So is that a 'yes'?

Iceaxe
11-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Its an I'll think about it..... What are the dates?

My calendar is filling up fast...... it also has to jive with the wife's schedule.

Shane

accadacca
11-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Yeah I don't know when this would occur exactly?? :ne_nau:

rockgremlin
11-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Alright then, forget about it.

accadacca
11-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Alright then, forget about it.
Yeah, F you too.... :lol8:

I don't know how it would shake out, season wise. You know the super bowl is not a part of our season. Our season, playoffs, and championsship game all occur in the NFL regular season. Otherwise you end up with players with no points because they are not in the NFL playoffs. Get it? This is why it might be hard to pinpoint the exact date.

rockgremlin
11-18-2005, 04:10 PM
But don't teams get eliminated until there are only two left? Then our 'Super Bowl' would be between those two teams.

Iceaxe
11-18-2005, 04:16 PM
But don't teams get eliminated until there are only two left? Then our 'Super Bowl' would be between those two teams.

Yup.... week 17 of the regular season....

It seems to me the two guys facing off the final weekend should be putting out the spread for everyone else :naughty:

Shane

rockgremlin
11-18-2005, 05:42 PM
It seems to me the two guys facing off the final weekend should be putting out the spread for everyone else :naughty:

Shane

Well, I'll show up with good grub whether or not I am in the Championship Game. Just give me a place and time.

accadacca
11-20-2005, 04:47 PM
WOW!!! So far it is looking like the Krum Katchers came in ahead on the trade deal!!! Breeze with 30!!! :eek7:

Ice was melted by the heat of my scoring....... :lol8:...... :roll:

I was in first place for a time today! :five:

accadacca
11-20-2005, 04:53 PM

Shane

Well, I'll show up with good grub whether or not I am in the Championship Game. Just give me a place and time.
It needs to be someone with the NFL ticket, so that we could watch all the games. So we don't have to watch the donkeys and niners. :roll: