PDA

View Full Version : Geocaching is great!

DaveOU812
08-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Alright so admitidly I thought this was pretty stupid at first but I got bored and looked at the website. I found a couple that were within 5 minutes of my house. Took the girlfriend out and we found 5 of them in an hour or so. Now I'm a junkie. :help: I found one out by nutty putty cave and we are gonna cruse out tomorrow and check the cave out and find the cache. Check the site out. I highly recommend it. :2thumbs: We had a good time. There are two that I drive past every day and had no idea they were there.

DaveOU812
08-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Just another little note. I'm planning on putting at least one cache up. I've already got a little nostalgic spot picked out. I'll post it if I ever get it put up.

Black Mage
08-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the obsession! Have you registered on geocaching.com and UTAG yet?

As for setting your own cache, I recommend hitting a few more so you can get a good idea of how to do it. All to often new cachers go and set new caches in "bad" places. Hit some caches and check out the guidelines before you set one. That way your first cache will be one to remember and not just another poorly set and stocked noob cache.

accadacca
08-08-2005, 08:43 AM
So where were these caches and what did you find?

DaveOU812
08-08-2005, 09:01 AM
Yea, I registered. DaveOU812. Just like here. This one stumped me thought. People said it took them three or four times to find it. Your probobly right about finding a few more first. The only ones I found were the ones around the house. We are goin on a little more adventerious one today.

I can't tell you where the caches are!!! That gives away the whole fun of it. :lame: The stuff in them is usualy just a log book, a tiny pen, and some trinkets people leave behind. I found a good one last night though. It had alot of stuff in it. Didn't take any cause I didn't have anything to leave. It's not really about whats inside though. It's about going out and finding the things. I found a park that has been next to my house for YEARS but I never knew it was there.

Black Mage
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
If you get into it, you may want to join UTAG (http://www.utahgeocachers.com). There's a lot of good people there, a lot of whom are into outdoor activities of every sort.

DaveOU812
08-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Alright so I found the Cache out by nutty putty. It was a pretty good cache. A good little walk from the cave. I don't think the girlfriend really enjoys walkin up hills but shes a trooper.