PDA

View Full Version : My first time kayaking, Tuesday.

Black Mage
08-07-2005, 07:43 PM
A couple of weeks ago we (my dad, and two little brothers) went with some friends to Willard Bay with some wave runners. Long story short I didn't care at all for the things and I spent four hours on the beach with nada to do.

Anyway, this Thursday we're going back with the wave runners again, but this time we'll be renting a two-person sit-of-top lake kayak from Canyon Sports. It's something that I've been wanting to try for a while now (that and canoeing[sp?]), so now I finally get my chance.

Only problem is that I've never kayaked before. So does anyone know of a good comprehensive web site that might be of help.

Thanks.

accadacca
08-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Wow! We could actually have a kayaking TR in here? :ne_nau: What a novel concept.. :lol8: You better bring a camera and post a report after. I am not sure if it would classify as a BIG adventure. But we'll take what we can get. :nod:

Sombeech
08-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I've heard there's a ton of dead carp floating around out there because of the heat this summer.

Did you see any?

Black Mage
08-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I've heard there's a ton of dead carp floating around out there because of the heat this summer.

Did you see any?

Yeah, we saw plenty of dead carp. Actually my dad was pulling one of my brothers on a tube and he ran right over one, pulling my brother right over it too. He got a good face full of the carp. :haha:

Oh, and might I assume the "TR" means trail report?

rockgremlin
08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Trip Report :2thumbs:

crazy horse
08-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Kayaking on a lake is a breeze, especially with the sit on top. Its gonna be a blast, and you should be just fine. Check out www.paddling.net for some info on it.