PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR -- Mineral Fork Trail

accadacca
08-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I had noticed people unloading four wheelers and motorcycles just past the S curve in Big Cottonwood canyon. I was unaware of a legal trail to ride in that area. Fourtycal told me while we were up the canyon (Mt. Biking) that he went up it on a four wheeler. I decided to give it a shot on my PIG. I left my house at about 11:00am headed for the canyon. This was a fun yet challenging trail on a bike. Especially my 300lb PIG. It was really rocky and the switchbacks just went on for ever. Back and forth I went for several miles until I nearly reached the top. There was 3 mines in the little canyon. Then one at the bottom near the trail head to mineral fork. It had a brick wall built to stop entry. My camera died on the way back. I would have liked to get a few more pictures. There was two amazing water crossings. Water fall and on the side of the mountain type thing. Oh well......enjoy what I got.

Sombeech
08-07-2005, 05:21 PM
That looks like a cool ride.

Wasatch Rebel
08-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Believe it or not, back in the 1970s, my friend and I went up that road in his Toyota Landcruiser (the road was not gated then). Then I hiked up there once, got really thirsty and drank water out of that orange stream. I got a little sick from that--stupid me!

Shane