PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull vs Porcupine

Sombeech
08-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeeeowza. Some dogs don't know when to call it quits.

How long do you think it took to clean up? Charge by the hour, or the needle?

That porcupine must look like a furry little bunny rabbit now, without it's pines.

DickHead
08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
The dog is a Bull Terrier. Were it a Pit, I'd recommend immediate euthansia. Worthless dogs.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/porcupinedog.asp

Regardless, I'd likely have just put the dog down. I'm not big on forcing animals to go through lenghty surgeries and procedures so I can keep them.

rockgremlin
08-03-2005, 04:10 PM
OHHH

MYYY

GOSHHH!!!

:eek2: :eek7: :shock: :dropmouth:

I have never seen anything like that before! I'm with JamisJockey - that dog has got three paws in the grave already - just put the thing out of it's misery!!

Superriffic S*
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
One of my husbands really good friends breeds and raises Alaskan Malamute's. They live just east of Park City, up one of the canyons there. Anyway, the main Male dog got in a "tussle" with a porcupine last year just after Thanksgiving. Well, the dog had over 1000 niddles in his face and upper body. They took him to the vet and spent over $800 on the dog to have all the needles removed. They couldn't get all the small ones out and he is still finding needles in the dog every once in a while. In fact, we went up there about 2 months ago and he found one the day we were up there. YYYOouch!!! :ahhh: I can't even imagine. But, you look at the dog and then wonder, what on EARTH that porcupine looks like?!?! It seriously gives me the shivers.

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
08-06-2005, 04:32 PM
The dog is a Bull Terrier. Were it a Pit, I'd recommend immediate euthansia. Worthless dogs.

:bs: I've owned two and known several PIT-BULLS who were better, more trust-worthy, and more noble than ANY human I've ever known. I would say FY, but this is a family web-site!

Wow. That kinda pissed me off. :frustrated:

admin
08-06-2005, 05:08 PM
I would say FY, but this is a family web-site.
You did say it. Please don't do it again. :nono:

DickHead
08-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Sorry Fuzzy, but they seem to mostly be used for no good and that makes a breed worthless to me.

Sombeech
08-06-2005, 09:21 PM
My neighbor's dog got in a scuffle with a porcupine once. It had maybe 1/3 the pines in it's face, ears, and mouth.

It was painful to watch them removed. It was a cocker spaniel I believe, but then again, I don't know much about dogs.

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
08-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Sorry Fuzzy, but they seem to mostly be used for no good and that makes a breed worthless to me.

Dude, that's EXACTLY what people say about GUNS, and we all know that's a straw dog.

My dog, Luke, grew-up under my workbench at Bingham's. He is 100% American Pit-Bull terrier and the finest trail-dog anyone's seen. I've watched him be snarled-at, hissed at, heard people say the most vile things to and about him, and watched him do nothing out about it. I, on the other hand, have had an incident or two with people I've caught teasing him, and the Pit-Bull is NOT the one to worry about.

I'm not going to accuse racism here, but you've judged a whole breed guilty and worthless by the actions of a few and that is un-just.

I will tell you that at almost 10 years old, Luke has never snarled, barked or even gestured in hostility. He's a thinker. I watch him wrastle with my 3-year-old daughter and know I have the safest little girl in town, and Luke's 5-month-old son is learning from the best.

Come ride with me on the 20th, and you can meet Luke for yourself.

Also;I am VERY sorry for the F-bomb and it won't happen again. :lame:

DickHead
08-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Sounds like you've got a good dog.
Unfortunately, in my experiences, I've rarely met a Pit that didn't snarl, bark and growl aggressively. Growing up on Military base housing is like living in a huge trailer park, and I've known personally several children who've been mauled by Pits, as well as two that turned on thier owner when I lived in Arizona (in the same culdesac I lived in). One time one almost got my dog, until a swift kick in the ribs discouraged it from doing so.
I work on Saturdays, so thats not going to happen anytime soon, sorry.