PDA

View Full Version : Where Is It #4 - Contest Closed

rockgremlin
08-03-2005, 10:49 AM
To this contest's winner goes this Rayovac Sportsman 3-in-1 headlamp!

http://uutah.com/forum/files/rayovac_sportsman.jpg

More info on this prize here: http://www.rayovac.com/flashlight/sportsman/sp_SPHTLED.htm

Once again, I remind you of the contest rules found here: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=383

In order to win the prize, a simple guess is not good enough. You must physically travel to this location, and snap a photo of it, AND you must be present in the photo! The first correct photo submission wins the prize!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

DaveOU812
08-08-2005, 12:14 AM
No hints on this one? I'm lost but I will defently check this one out.

Black Mage
08-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Oh, I know! That's the inside of my nose! :haha:

accadacca
08-08-2005, 08:45 AM
No hints on this one? I'm lost but I will defently check this one out.
Rockgremlin will give hints but not this early. :nono: Way to early...... :bootyshake:

DaveOU812
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
I swear I saw the minuture of this thing today. I'm still trying to figure out where it's at though.

Shan
08-16-2005, 11:53 AM
**** Caves, ***** Canyon, Utah!

Shan
08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Oh crap I have to hike to it! D'oh!

Sombeech
08-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh crap I have to hike to it! D'oh!

:haha: Yep. Be sure and get your picture with it, and the prize is yours.

accadacca
08-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Wow...... did you list it without the picture? Looks like code for the location. :lol8:

Shan
08-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah I got too excited and posted my answer, not reading I had to have a picture of it with me in the photo!

It's still game people! I can't get there until next week!

accadacca
08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
It is getting really late in the month. Rockgremin is in Yellowstone, so I will give a hint. I cant believe no one has got this yet? Really a cake score.....the easiest to date.

Use the code above to help you with your search. The stars represent the missing characters, just fill in the blanks. The real hint is that it is NORTH of SLC. Someone go nab this thing. :popcorn:

Shan
08-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Well folks I didn't make it there. A busy schedule combined with bursitis and tendonitis in BOTH knees made it nearly impossible to get there.

And I really needed a headlamp!

rockgremlin
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, the contest is open until a winner rings in, so get some crutches or whatever, and get that shot. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
08-31-2005, 01:35 PM
No kidding! The headlamp is still here at my house, waiting to be sent out!

Shan
09-01-2005, 08:35 AM
It's still open!? Well then I will just have to pop some Tylenol and break out those crutches! LOL!

Sombeech
09-01-2005, 01:49 PM
It's still open!? Well then I will just have to pop some Tylenol and break out those crutches! LOL!

Yep. You go girl. I've got that headlamp still packaged up in my garage waiting to go out to you.

price1869
09-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Ummm . . $13 headlamp from Walmart, wish I would have looked at this at the begining of the month. I was in *****. Could have run up there. Oh well. So can I just tell everyone that it's the **** Caves in ***** Canyon? Oh well, Maybe one of my friends who is going to *S* can go up there and get a picture. Unless it's true ***** night.

greyhair biker
11-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Come on fourtycal, I know you know where this is!

CaverStretch
12-19-2005, 08:02 PM
New to the group. But that looks like **** Caves in ***** Canyon.

CaverStretch

rockgremlin
12-20-2005, 09:57 AM
New to the group. But that looks like **** Caves in ***** Canyon.

CaverStretch

Please SHOW us....not tell us. :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
04-26-2007, 10:35 AM
YES FOLKS -- We are resurrecting this contest.

Increased membership, traffic, and added sponsors have prompted us to bring this contest back from the dead.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE WIN THIS HEADLAMP?! IT'S BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 2005!!

Once again, I will remind you - this is won by being the first to post a photo of it -- not by verbally guessing.

price1869
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
YES FOLKS -- We are resurrecting this contest.

Increased membership, traffic, and added sponsors have prompted us to bring this contest back from the dead.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE WIN THIS HEADLAMP?! IT'S BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 2005!!

Once again, I will remind you - this is won by being the first to post a photo of it -- not by verbally guessing.

Said person must be in the photo as I remember. But this headlamp? I'll send someone a lock of my hair. It's worth more.

Iceaxe
04-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I know jumar has a pic of himself here..... now it depends on how close he is monitoring the forum if he wins.

:popcorn:

jumar
04-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I do? :ne_nau: Let me look at the picture again...

Are you thinking this picture Shane?
http://www.my-mania.com/caving/images/pgcentrance.jpg

Iceaxe
04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Are you thinking this picture Shane?
http://www.my-mania.com/caving/images/pgcentrance.jpg

Nope....

And it might have just been a pic of your wife.... at least I thought it was your picture.

Heck.... maybe it was your wife and her boyfriend :ne_nau:

:popcorn:

jumar
04-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Alas, I don't think i've been here. Probably thinking of another similar place.

I'm pretty sure I know where this is, but it'll be awhile before I'm up around there again. Might be true of everybody, since this has been active for so long. :nod:

jumar
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM
My Bro-in-law is up there, as well as my cousin. I should see if they have a pic of them there. Of course they'll have to join our ranks before getting to try to win :haha:

accadacca
04-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I know we have users in that neck of the woods. All you need is a camera and an hour :popcorn:

jumar
04-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Well I confirmed that it IS where I thought it was. I even have the spot located on a topo. I'd be there if I were closer to the location. :ne_nau:

jumar
05-02-2007, 02:23 PM
So maybe we need a hint to get some people up to this area? :ne_nau:

Scott P
05-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I think know where it is, but I'm not about to jump in my car just to take a picture if those are indeed the requirements. Maybe I should just post the location and someone else can. Or maybe that would be cheating.

rockgremlin
05-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Ya, I'm really favoring the northern utah folks with this one. My ultimate goal with this contest is to move around to different parts of the state in an effort to be fair.

I've got another contest coming up here pretty soon. I think future contests will be done "scavenger hunt" style -- where the prize is carefully packaged and concealed out in the wilderness somewhere. :2thumbs:

stefan
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Ya, I'm really favoring the northern utah folks with this one. My ultimate goal with this contest is to move around to different parts of the state in an effort to be fair.

I've got another contest coming up here pretty soon. I think future contests will be done "scavenger hunt" style -- where the prize is carefully packaged and concealed out in the wilderness somewhere. :2thumbs:

that's an interesting idea ... sort of a geocache w/o coordinates?

i guess you'll have to find distinct features to use to identify the precise location of the package?

rockgremlin
05-02-2007, 06:42 PM
that's an interesting idea ... sort of a geocache w/o coordinates?

i guess you'll have to find distinct features to use to identify the precise location of the package?

EXACTLY!!! :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
This contest is all about the recognition and bragging rights. The prize is only secondary. :nod: :2thumbs:

Scott P
05-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Is it Wind Caves?

:roflol:

accadacca
05-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Not a bad photoshop job. :lol8:

Scott P
05-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Real photo:

rockgremlin
05-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Photoshop is actually one of the reasons why I'm gravitating more towards doing these contests "scavenger hunt" style. You guys get the prize immediately upon finding the location, and I don't have to pay for shipping.

OK, now that everyone knows where this is, will someone get out there and post a real photo of it?

Alex
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't know where it is :ne_nau: :frustrated:

jumar
05-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Want me to show you a topo?

Alex
05-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Sure... :2thumbs:

jumar
05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yschbn
:twisted:

Alex
05-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Dang still too far for me :frustrated:

jumar
05-04-2007, 06:21 AM
My problem too :frustrated:

RugerShooter
05-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Photoshop is actually one of the reasons why I'm gravitating more towards doing these contests "scavenger hunt" style. You guys get the prize immediately upon finding the location, and I don't have to pay for shipping.

OK, now that everyone knows where this is, will someone get out there and post a real photo of it?

You could always put a watermark somwhere on the original picture that you post. Then that picture couldn't be used for the Photoshoping? Just an idea, but it's your contest do it the way you want.

W
05-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Dang, not all that far for me... too bad I didn't see this earlier in the day, then I could have done something more productive than sit around on my keister watching TV! :popcorn:

W
05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Alrighty folks... quick post here, then I've gotta hit the shower (for being a mile and a half one way, that is hella lots of climbing for a first hike of the season! didn't realize the trail went straight up the mountain... :haha: )

At any rate, if it weren't for jumar's topo link, I'd have never found this myself either so I definitely don't think I deserve any prizes or anything, but figured this thread needed to be closed off, so... here goes!

price1869
05-08-2007, 07:54 AM
congrats

jumar
05-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Wohoo!! Now we can do a new one. Choose a place this time that I already have a pic at :haha:

accadacca
05-08-2007, 08:23 AM
AWESOME!!! :five:

rockgremlin
05-08-2007, 08:38 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :five:

Hey congrats Wasquatch, and THANK YOU for manning up and gettin 'er done!!

I believe you mentioned in another thread that you would prefer a uUtah shirt (white, XL) instead of the headlamp? If that's true, I'm sure that is not a problem, and could be arranged. I will PM Sombeech and get your prize mailed out to ya asap.

Great job!!

W
05-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Sweet! Thanks, Rock!

Like I say, couldn't have done it without jumar giving that li'l "hint" -- luckily I had the day off and was able to go break in the hiking gear for the year. Fun little trail! I was a little bit worried... when my GPS showed that I'd hiked the supposed distance to the cave, I found two small "cavelets" in the cliff, but they didn't look anything like the photo in this thread so I thought, for a moment, "Crud, this wasn't the place after all..." Luckily I kept going a little further up the hill & found the big cave -- wow... sure a nice reward for all that climbing! Gorgeous place up there.

All the same, my legs were sure feeling that hike for awhile! Good to be back out putting dust on the shoes.

Actually, I live & work pretty close to where Sombeech supposedly works (well, same neck of the woods, anyway), so may just be able to hook up with him at lunch sometime.

Thanks again!