PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

TreeHugger
08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
So I went through all of the newbies and it would appear there is only one female! Well, let's make it two!

I'm TreeHugger. The name has a double meaning. The first relates to my unavoidable talent for running into trees while mountain biking, although, after my last concussion, I havent hit any.... much. :-) The second, of course, relates to my love for the natural world and my desire to do what I can to protect it.

I pretty much do it all... minus the fishing/hunting and motorized vehicle stuff. I hike, backpack, ski - downhill and xcountry, climb, bike - road and mountain. I cant say I love any one more than the other which makes me a jack of all hobbies, master of none. :-) I really love mountain biking but it's been a difficult adjustment learning to ride in the freakin' mountain! up up up up up up up up up.... down down down down down.... I'm from MI, we dont have mountains there!! :-)

Anyway, it's pretty cool to have a forum like this, I'm looking forward to some great conversations, excellent trail tips and general discourse.

Ciao!!

accadacca
08-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Welcome TreeHugger! There are a few girls on here. Two that I know of, that are active (Shan & Superriffic S*). I am a mild tree hugger. Here is a picture of my Toyota Prius (Hybrid).

http://uutah.com/forum/files/p6170011.jpg

Sombeech
08-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the site TreeHugger! There's plenty of stuff to do for you here in Utah.

Let us know how your new experiences with Mtn biking go. We love to see pictures.

There's actually more females on here than you would think, they just haven't posted in the newbies section.

Shan
08-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Welcome Treehugger!

I am from IN originally!

Troutfisher is also a woman.

rockgremlin
08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Welcome Treehugger!

If I had my way, the girl/guy ratio around here would be MUCH higher, so thanks for signing up! :2thumbs:

I like hugging trees too, although I prefer to hug sandstone (I'm a desert rat, and the resident Canyoneering expert around here).

TreeHugger
08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've actually been out here for 3 years and used to come out every summer to climb for probably 4 years before that, love it here!!

Nice to meet ya all!! :-)

Sombeech
08-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Brown noser!!

http://uutah.com/forum/files/p6170011.jpg

:haha:

TreeHugger
08-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Nice!! :haha:

david staub
12-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Treehugger;

Nice to have another Michigander here. I am from Detroit, west side. How about you?

I appreciate women who do stuff in the outdoors. Last year my daughter and I met Libby Riddles (first female winner of the Iditarod). We bought her book and she spent a lot of time talking with my daughter and encouraging her with her rock climbing. Whenever we see women climbing, mountain biking, or doing other (so-called) male sports, we stop and ask for advice.

Isn't it nice to be out of the wet cold of Michigan?

Iceaxe
12-08-2005, 01:22 PM
So I went through all of the newbies and it would appear there is only one female! Well, let's make it two!

Can't think of what to say..., don't screw it up..., holy shit..., girl talking to me..., might want to have sex with me..., holy shit..., when I think like this people can hear me...

:lol8: