PDA

View Full Version : The perfect dog!

Shan
08-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I volunteer for a shelter and this guy is currently up for adoption. He sounds like the perfect dog! How could someone get rid of him?

Thought maybe someone on here would like a hiking companion.

Notes: Jackson is a very friendly 6-7 year old smaller black lab mix who loves affection and attention. He is very attentive to the people who care for him. He loves to play fetch, although it is not an obsession like some dogs. He rides quietely in the car and likes to sit on the front seat and is quiet when left in the car. He rarely barks and he knows which objects in the house are his toys. Jackson gets along with most other dogs and cats. He walks well on a leash with his halter on and is a great companion for hikes. He goes ahead to explore but never disapears and comes back when called. He is quite athletic and loves to go camping (he's even quiet in the tent!) Jackson loves kids and is a wonderful, gentle family dog. If you would like to meet Jackson please call Lisa at (435) 752-3534 or email Cindy at nrcon@sisna.com.

accadacca
08-02-2005, 02:56 PM
That looks like a great dog. I wanted to get a chocolate lab when I finished school. Then we had our son and everything changed. It would be almost like having another kid. I think I will eventually get one. My wife will need to be talked into it. My son would love a dog and I think that will eventually be her breaking point. :naughty:

How big do most labs get?

Shan
08-02-2005, 03:01 PM
I know a large black lab, and she's 90 pounds but all muscle. This one is a smaller lab, so I'm thinking 60 pounds and less? Maybe someone on here has a lab and will say how much their's weighs. My dog is 60 pounds and I consider her "medium" sized. Email Cindy and she can tell you how much he weighs/how tall he stands, etc.

Remember, this "kid" is already trained!! You just have to love him. He does sound perfect.

I just can't believe the owner spent so much time with making him a good dog and now has to get rid of him. That would be like getting rid of a child to me. I don't know their situation though.

rockgremlin
08-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Geez, I'm not a lover of dogs, but those big puppydog eyes will melt anybody! Hope he finds a good home -- somewhere far away from my front lawn. :haha: :haha:

crazy horse
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
I love dogs...I wish so bad that I had the ability to take one in right now, but that probably wouldn't go over too well with the parents. I had a golden lab about that same size, probably 60-70 pounds just a few months ago, but then my stupid neighbors made us put her to sleep.

Shan
08-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Crazy horse, what is that all about? Your neighbors made you put your dog to sleep?

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
08-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Amen, Brothers.

I LOVE DOGS. I have three myself, and the oldest (Luke) is the finest trail dog I've ever known.

I think we humans evolved with the dogs and are kind of symbiotic: a man is incomplete without a dog. Even a BAD dog is better than most humans

That's my 2-cents. :twisted:

crazy horse
08-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah, well I have these neighbors who are a little on the crazy side, they have 4 kids, all of whom are definately a bit off. In addition, the kids were all terrified of dogs, yet for some reason would always provoke mine. My house sits between their house and their route to and from school, so they had lots of opportunities to bug my dogs. One days as school was just getting out and the kids were walking home, my dogs were outside, and apparently my lab "attacked" one of the kids, leaving a bite which "required a trip to the hospital and stiches" (It is true that my dog bit the kid, but i saw the bite and it was trivial, more like a scratch) Well the kid's mom freaked out and called animal control, and we were told that if the dog was not taken care of then there was a possibility of my family losing our house. Oh, and a slight background on this dog: my friend has a two year old who has ridden on this dog several times, the dog was always gentle and this was the only episode that i have ever seen her be aggresive.

Windwalker
08-05-2005, 04:19 AM
I can't think of a better family dog. We've had three blk labs over the past twenty years or so. The kids and their friends literally grew up with ours, from puppy to teenagers. And I only recall one warning nip that left nothing more than a red mark. Gotta love the Labs. Black, Chocolate or Yellow doesn't matter, they're a gentle animal.