PDA

View Full Version : Finals Week

Sombeech
08-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Summer Semester is coming to an end. Who's going to school right now besides me?

This is my last week to cram 5 classes worth of assignments.

I keep these slogans in mind--

two point five, stayin' alive

C's get degrees.

rockgremlin
08-02-2005, 11:49 AM
No summer school for me. I'm really dreading going back in a few weeks. I'm consoling myself in the fact that this will be the LAST fall semester I'll have to take FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! :clap:

Shan
08-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Good luck you guys!

My hubby is in school. He's doing a summer project on mountain biking (seriously!) and that's his only 'class' at the moment.

He's a Recreation Resource Management major, aka 'professional man of liesure' he says.

Sombeech
08-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Good luck you guys!

My hubby is in school. He's doing a summer project on mountain biking (seriously!) and that's his only 'class' at the moment.

He's a Recreation Resource Management major, aka 'professional man of liesure' he says.

That's awesome! Lucky dog.

this will be the LAST fall semester I'll have to take FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!

Same here. This next semester will be my last.

accadacca
08-02-2005, 12:34 PM

You need to get the big brute on here. :lol8: He would really fit in. I imagine he is pretty busy though.

Shan
08-02-2005, 12:45 PM
You need to get the big brute on here. :lol8: He would really fit in. I imagine he is pretty busy though.

Ha! Hmmm, define busy... Lucky dog is right!

He'd like it here, but he's not on a computer 9-5 like I am. I don't know how I feel about sharing a forum with my husband though...

Black Mage
08-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I thought about taking a summer class or two, but decided not to. For one, summer is not for school, it's for stuff fun stuff. And two, I really don't think I would have done very well seeing as how I've been in a fluctuating state of depression since May 31st.

accadacca
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM

Ha! Hmmm, define busy... Lucky dog is right!

He'd like it here, but he's not on a computer 9-5 like I am. I don't know how I feel about sharing a forum with my husband though...
:ne_nau: Yeah, I should have done that in school? What was I thinking? I did take a few of those classes for some credit. I could have been outdoors and now I have to sit in front of this screen all day. :roll: :wallbash:

I remember sitting in my car with the flash cards during finals week. Waiting for the next test to begin and hoping that I could remember enough to pass the damn thing. I would like to wring the neck of some of those so called professor's. It was a long haul for me and my wife. After you graduate you'll never look back, I haven't. :blbl:

live2ride
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh I feel badfor you guys in school, I am done so all I do now is screw around and go biking, fishing and be bored since I was so used to the fast school life and working full time, now work is a a lot easier not having to deal with school!! GOOD LUCK!!! :2thumbs:

accadacca
08-04-2005, 08:07 AM
How is the abuse going Sombeech? Are you on the home stretch? :ne_nau:

Sombeech
08-04-2005, 11:09 AM
How is the abuse going Sombeech? Are you on the home stretch? :ne_nau:

Well, the stress has weakened my immune system, and I'm officially down with something.

I called in sick today, but it will give me the chance to catch up on some homework.

It sucks. But I will only have one more tuition fee to pay now.

Windwalker
08-05-2005, 02:42 AM
Gawd you pups make me feel older than I am. I'm old enough that I have trouble remembering the good old days. But be that as it may, my wife is headed back to finish off a couple semesters for her RN & Bachlors (?). She's one hell of a woman, I hate to watcher her worry and sweat over the books trying to make the grade. Sometimes it gets to me so bad that I have to jump onto the wheeler and head for the sky line drive just to keep my sanity. :roflol: After knocking off a couple rockchucks and potguts me and the black lab feel a whole lot better. Then we head home and get back into the grind of watching my wife study. I know it's rough but we'll get thru it.

rockgremlin
08-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Gawd you pups make me feel older than I am.

Well, I'm actually not so young anymore. In fact, I'm the oldest student in the Mining Engineering department at the U.

After knocking off a couple rockchucks and potguts me and the black lab feel a whole lot better. Then we head home and get back into the grind of watching my wife study. I know it's rough but we'll get thru it.

:roflol: :haha: I'm sure my wife shares your pain!

Sombeech
08-06-2005, 09:46 PM
This will be my signature after next semester...

Sombeech
08-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Can you believe some of the boys are trying to talk me into going after my master's?

crazy horse
08-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Thats one of the best movies ever. By the way, I'm sure its already been asked, but what field are you in?

Superriffic S*
08-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Thats one of the best movies ever. By the way, I'm sure its already been asked, but what field are you in?

I wasn't able to see the movie clip... what movie is it? The caption says "seven" is it a clip from Se7en?

crazy horse
08-08-2005, 03:16 PM
its just a sound clip, turn up your speakers

Sombeech
08-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it's a sound clip from Tommy Boy. It expresses my true feelings for how long I've been going to school.

accadacca
08-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Can you believe some of the boys are trying to talk me into going after my master's?
If you have any desire for that you better just keep it going after your BS. Go directly into your masters with no time off. Do not pass finish go directly back to start. :lol8: Once you get out and the chains come off you will never go back.

Sombeech
08-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Well, I know, but I've quit school 4 times. This will be just like one of the others if I take time off. Besides, I've got to finish my basement.