PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR: Naomi Peak

Shan
08-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Naomi Peak trail starts at Tony Grove Lake up Logan Canyon. You can also get to White Pine Lake from here. We hiked Sunday and I have never seen so many people, usually the place is dead on Sundays!

This trail is 3 miles long and takes you to the tallest point in the Bear River mountains, 9,980 feet. The trail can get steep and rocky, but is not too hard. It took us 1:30 to get to the top, and 1:15 to get down.

Then we headed over to Bear Lake to swim and eat lunch! What a perfect day!

rockgremlin
08-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Oh YOU SUCK!!!

We were just up there a week ago, and had we known that Naomi Peak was the tallest peak in Cache County we totally would've hiked it. Instead of zigging left on that trail, we zagged right and went on to White Pine Lake. There were lots of people on the trail that day too. Too bad there weren't as many fish biting our hooks in White Pine Lake as there were people on the trail! :frustrated:

I love how Bear Lake is Carribean Blue!

accadacca
08-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow, what a great day huh!! Some good ole dogs. Yeah the little gremlin and I missed that one. I can bag that peak anytime. I go to Bear Lake quite a bit. Gremlin boy will have to drive up and meet me? :lol8: Where is the peak in relation to White Pine? Is it the peak right behind the lake? Can you see the lake from the peak? We saw some Mt. Bikers up that way when we were there. I wish I had mine. Except for the push out of the bottom where the lake is. :eek2:

Sombeech
08-02-2005, 11:31 AM
So you were there this weekend? Did you see a hairy ape man playing in the water on saturday? That was me.

Oh, and by the way, great pictures. I love that panoramic.

Shan
08-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I know these mtns are way smaller than the Wasangeles Front, but they are still beautiful!

Accadacca, White Pine is on the other side of this pointy peak in this photo. You are actually looking UP at Mt Magog when you are at White Pine lake. Gog is the more rounded hill on the left. But from the top of Naomi, you cannot see any lakes (White Pine or Tony Grove). White Pine is a good trail to bike, but has some big rocks that I cannot make it over.

Which beach do you all go to? We like to head south past Garden City and take a turn (left) at the second turnoff with the porta-potty. It's usually less croweded down there and the weeds give a little more privacy. We were there Sunday.

Sombeech
08-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Which beach do you all go to? We like to head south past Garden City and take a turn (left) at the second turnoff with the porta-potty. It's usually less croweded down there and the weeds give a little more privacy. We were there Sunday.

My family has a pass to the Sweetwater Resort, which is in that same area. It can get crowded though, so we head a little north west from there sometimes, probably right where you go.

I was there Saturday.

accadacca
08-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Did you see a hairy ape man playing in the water on saturday? That was me.
:roflol: