PDA

View Full Version : uutah fantasy football league

icthys
08-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Kick off is Sept. 8, I just can't wait. I remind my wife every week that football starts soon, she then reminds me how much SHE can't wait either.

Anyway, I've done a fantasy league here at work the past couple years, although it is fun most of the guys I work with are computer geeks and don't know the difference between offense and defence. There is usually only 3-4 guys here that get into it and really play.

I was just thinking that a league here on uutah might go off well. What do you think, would there be enough interest to get 10-12 players together? I wouldn't mind being the league commish even though I'm probably not the greatest one to play the game.

Here's who we've got so far:

icthys
Rock Gremlin
Accadacca
Live2Ride
Kell em All
troutfisher
Crazy Horse
Sombeech

We've got 7 now, I'd like to get 3 more, COME ON AND SIGN UP!!!

rockgremlin
08-01-2005, 02:04 PM
I've never played fantasy football, but would be willing to learn.

I was thinking of putting together a UUtah NCAA bracket pool next march. Wouldn't that be cool?! :nod:

icthys
08-01-2005, 02:18 PM
It's not hard to play. If you're into football even a little you'll really enjoy it. I find it makes the season even more enjoyable and I get into it even more. The main idea is to pick NFL players to be on your team and depending how they play depends on how many points your team gets. You then go up against other teams in the league.

accadacca
08-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I have never really got into it either. :ne_nau: I don't know why? I am a big sports nut. I would like to play as well. Give us the details. Where do you play and how, etc. You being the commish works for me and having it be a uutah league would be sweet!

icthys
08-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Here's a website describing FF. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American)

We'll play a yahoo league. You'll need a yahoo account to play.

The draft will be automatic once everyone signs up. You do have the option to somewhat customize the draft if you choose to (not recommended for first timers, it is a little confusing). Customizing the draft is not a huge advantage, in previous years those here at work who did nothing in the draft won.

We can customize the point system if we want to. I've always kept the point system according to yahoos default. For instance, a running back receives 1 point for every 20 yds he rushes and if he rushes over 100 yds per game its 5 bonus pts (I think it's 5). We could customize it so that every 10 yds is a point and over 100 yds is a 10 point bonus. You get the idea, we'll figure this out once we get a league together.

If there is interest we could always put in $5 a player and winner takes all, just to make things a little more interesting.

I'll create a league if we get enough players, once we do I'll post the info on how to sign up.

live2ride
08-01-2005, 05:04 PM
I am so ready to play some fantasy football on this site, I was thinking today about the leagues and the draft that we have coming up, let me know if this is going to happen I would really like to play on this site!

rockgremlin
08-01-2005, 05:38 PM
I've already got a yahoo account, so that part is already taken care of. I'm in!! :2thumbs:

accadacca
08-02-2005, 11:18 AM
We have 4 then at the moment. This is really easy guys. It doesn't take much effort. It could get real boring on here during the winter. :eek2:

live2ride
08-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I also have a yahoo account and played on Yahoo last year and wasn't too bad. Lets do it for sure.

KillEmAll
08-03-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm definitely in. I was thinking of bringing the subject up to the group myself, but ya beat me to it!

troutfisher
08-03-2005, 01:08 PM
This sounds like something I would be interested in. How are the teams and points going to be taken care of? Cause I usually do FF but by the time mid season comes around I lose track of points and teams :frustrated: . Any info that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. :2thumbs:

crazy horse
08-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I'll play for sure, its a good way to pass the time and makes football even better.

icthys
08-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Troutfisher- we'll talk about teams and points when we get enough people playing.

I'll post everyone joining at the top of page 1, I'll keep it updated.

accadacca
08-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Dumb question: Is this for the NFL season?

Sombeech
08-04-2005, 11:11 AM
I've got plenty of dumb questions. I've never played, and never watched anybody play.

I'm guessing it's kind of like a Dungeons and Dragons for cool kids. :haha:

accadacca
08-04-2005, 11:20 AM
You should play, it is really easy.

Read this link that icthys posted.

It is just based on the players statistics that's all, and then adds points for certain things they do. I think it will generate some good conversation on here. Especially during the winter........you will want to be involved. You don't have to be a jock to play, rockers are welcome. :lol8:

You need to recruit chivato and my t pimp. They would really get into it.

Sombeech
08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I'll join.

I think Chivato will be into it, and maybe MY T PIMP. Neither of them are around a computer much though.

accadacca
08-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I'll join.

I think Chivato will be into it, and maybe MY T PIMP. Neither of them are around a computer much though.
Just get them to post here showing some interest. You only have to check your scores once a week. You could help them track it as well. Again its easy.

icthys
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes NFL, who else?

Play is quite self explanatory, however after finals I would think you may have a hard time.

rockgremlin
08-06-2005, 02:36 PM
So when do we sign up? How labor intensive is this? I mean, do I have to go through and count up weekly player stats, or is that gonna be provided by yahoo?

Give us a timeline or checklist of stuff we gotta do to get this off the ground. :2thumbs:

BTW, I think everyone should cough up the ante before playing, which will either go to you or this site's moderator. At season's end the winner gets a check!

On a side note, I like the new emoticons!

:utes: :utes7: :utes4: :utes3: :utes5: :ute_helmet:

live2ride
08-07-2005, 01:36 PM
I am ready to get this started!! When is the start date for fantasy football? Also which league are we going to do it in? Yahoo, Espn, MSN? I like the msn and yahoo but any will do!!!

accadacca
08-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah we need at least ten people. I have two more that should join within a day or two. They need to join the site first, then they will post here. Since 8 teams make the playoffs we should have at least ten so people have an incentive to try and make the playoffs. I am getting stoked for this as well. :five:

I hope to get Peyton Manning. :cool2:

icthys
08-08-2005, 06:44 AM
I've been waiting to get ten people to commit before I sign up for a league. It's much funner when you get more than 7 people playing.

Come on people, we only need 3 more, SIGN UP!!!

We will play Yahoo, that's what I'm familiar with.

Yahoo keeps track of all stats for you. The only thing they don't do is pick players for you.

Peyton Manning will get hurt in pre-season, he's over rated anyway :nod: .