PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the 23rd

icthys
07-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Sorry but most of my fishing reports won't contain exact locations. Most of the places I fish are small out of the way feel like you're the only one that has ever fished there rivers, lakes and streams.

With that said here it goes. A couple friends and I decided on an area where we had the choice of 3 rivers to fish. The choices were large, medium, or small. Our first choice was medium. We parked on a pullout and fished a section about 200 yards long. I really hoped I could fish a hopper all day but over cast skies, cool weather, and a little rain made fishing hoppers the equivalent of banging my head on a wall. A large adams made the hurt of not fishing hoppers ease my need for fishing large dry flies on top. The fish were not shy to come on up and hammer the adams. We caught many bows and brookies to make the first half of the day a successful one.

To break the day up we decided some small town burgers were needed to refuel, relax, and wait out a good rain storm. The little cafe we stopped at doubled for a gas station. The special of the day was a cheese burg, fries, and soup or salad for $4, now that's a special! Food was decent but the customers were fantastic. As we sat eating lunch it must of been the time of day that all the farmers let their daughters out of the barn to get their energy out. What is it about small towns and the knock out girls that live there? This town has no more than 500 people living in it and during the 30 min we were there 6 beauties came in.

After lunch we sped on over to the little stream. The road in was decent and smooth for a dirt road. Our parking spot was about 500' straight up from the stream. Using trees and bushes we repelled down to the stream. When we showed up PMD's were hatching and fish were rising. Each stretch/hole produced several cutts, and cutts were all we caught. The biggest was 16" and for a stream wide enough to spit across that isn't to bad. The only visitors that had walked the same section we were on were deer and moose, tracks were everywhere.

It was a great day of fishing. I am so in love with that small stream I think I'd pass up the other two anyday and just fish it all day long. Sorry I don't have pics to back up the story. I hate taking a camera with me, I'll have to start taking pics so I can share them.

accadacca
07-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Forget taking pictures of the fish lets see those farmers daughters.......... :slobber1: :lol8:

rockgremlin
07-27-2005, 09:28 AM
Forget taking pictures of the fish lets see those farmers daughters.......... :slobber1: :lol8:

Ya, really!

What's with all the secrecy? "small town," "stream one," etc

At least give us the name of the town so we can go drool too. :popcorn:

icthys
07-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I'll have to go get a special again to get those pics and post them in the boobs thread, these girls would put the crotch rocket girls to shame!

I don't post locations because of hot spotting, I know I know, that dang word hot spotting. My favorite fishing experiences are in areas where I never see anyone. If I start posting those locations I don't want others deciding where they are going fishing next week. If I'm out fishing the Provo, Weber, Green, etc. I'm not worried at all about people heading out there cause chances are they are already going there.

accadacca
07-27-2005, 12:35 PM
I'll have to go get a special again to get those pics and post them in the boobs thread, these girls would put the crotch rocket girls to shame!Yeah a few of us have experience with these small town girls on here. Damn you on the camera thing!!! :chairshot:

I don't post locations because of hot spotting.
Yeah I can respect that. Doesn't mean that I like it though....... :bs: :bootyshake: :lol8: