PDA

View Full Version : Road bike trail report

DickHead
07-26-2005, 04:18 PM
So, sunday I hauled my gear to work. Got off at 1430, and was unloaded and on the bike at 1500. Where? Why, the zoo, of course! From there I meandered up Emigration. I started seeing a steady stream of bikes coming out, but nobody going up. I stayed in the little ring and gave'er hell, (I'm trying to train myself to spin instead of mashing). There is a nice fresh section of blacktop, which makes the first bit nice. Maybe they'll pave the rest of it soon. Up and over, down the backside. It was hot, humid, but the sun mostly hid from sight. At the lake, I turned left. Yes, I said left.
:twisted:
Pretty soon, the road starts up. It winds past a small campground, and then really kicks up. Hard. 7 or 8mph hard. A couple of switchbacks and another 15 minutes and I reached Big Mountain. Shoulders are narrow to non-existant, but there was such light traffic that I'd rate it better than BC or LC.
30.4 miles from the parking lot to the top and back. 2:00:13 time for a 15mph average. Total elevation gain: 3500'
:dropmouth:
Yes, I drank a beer when I got home.
:pitcher:
Well, I'm off to the Tuesday night worlds. Taking my camera, maybe I'll get some fking pictures this time.

accadacca
07-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Your an animal dude!! WTF.... :ne_nau: I would like to see some photos. You are probably too focused to take any? :nono:

You deserve a BEER after that ride!! :drink:

Is it the tour that brings all these riders out of the wood works? I mean have you seen more riders since the tour was going on? Are riders dusting off the bikes and taking them out? I bet it is good for business at the bike shops. :getiton:

DickHead
07-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, I got there early enough to get some pictures of the A and B flites, but I got distracted talking to a new teamate about strategy and getting to know each other.
He took 1st and I took 10th.
:five: