PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Bands

accadacca
07-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Who wants to go? I have heard some of the bands in the contest on KBER 101. They sound really good and I was pleasantly surprised. We should have a uutah.com gathering. $5.00 for a ticket! It is this Saturday at the Ogden Amphitheater 4:30 pm. Listen to Mick & Allen 2-6pm for details or click on the links below.
:headbang: :rockit: :drums: :guitar: :rockon: :popcorn: :pitcher: :drink: :banana: :friday: :hurryup: :gulp:

http://www.rockinnorthernutah.com

http://www.kber.com

Sombeech
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Who wants to go? I have heard some of the bands in the contest on KBER 101. They sound really good and I was pleasantly surprised. We should have a uutah.com gathering. $5.00 for a ticket! It is this Saturday at the Ogden Amphitheater 4:30 pm. Listen to Mick & Allen 2-6pm for details or click on the links below.
:headbang: :rockit: :drums: :guitar: :rockon: :popcorn: :pitcher: :drink: :banana: :friday: :hurryup: :gulp:

http://www.rockinnorthernutah.com

http://www.kber.com

I'll be at Bear Lake this weekend, but I wouldn't mind seeing Slaughter, and even Firehouse on the next couple of weekends! I found some old tapes, and started listening to them again! :rockon:

rockgremlin
07-27-2005, 03:35 PM
We've got a family dealio that day. But otherwise...

DaveOU812
07-29-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm always in for live bands. Is this something I'm gonna want to bring the girlfriend too or is it a little too heavy?

accadacca
07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Either way really? It is a contest and they pick who gets to open up for a later show (read the link). Of course you said she likes country. :lol8: Might not be a good mix for her and any rock might be "too heavy". :ne_nau: Good place to introduce her to real music though. Where they actually have the guitar plugged in and are playing it. :lol8: If you are in town we should definitely hit it. $5.00 you cant go wrong. Perhaps you should stop by Smiths and get the tix for us today. If that works.....or I can get them on my lunch break. Let me know?

The trailer parks will be empty tonight and all the Ogden rockers will crawl out from under rocks. It will be an 80's reunion..........I luv the scenery at these things as much as anything. :popcorn: :rockit: :headbang: :roflol:

accadacca
07-30-2005, 11:06 PM
A few pictures from the Rock N' Roll capital. It was hotter than hell at this thing. They had eleven bands that they gave 15 minutes each to impress the crowd and judges. The winner gets to open a concert next Saturday at the same place. There was some good bands and it was mostly all metal and some hard rock. 3 or so bands stood out to me. One had a chick playing a BC rich warlock. Then another dude playing lead on a Jackson kelly. They sounded like Black Sabbath meets Iron Maiden. The girl played rhythm, some lead, and all the vocals. WOW!!! I was blown away by this band and I bought their CD for $3. Then I got my picture with her. :five: Her band was called Vernicious Knid. http://www.verniciousknid.com They were supper tight and her guitar playing had my bottom lip on the floor. The two guitarists would play dual solos. SWEET!!! :nod: I would like to go see them play a show. The CD did not do them justice. Mick And Allen are going to announce the winner on Monday during their show (2-6).

Sombeech
08-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Cool, so you ended up going, huh?

I would have, but I was away for the weekend.

I wonder if anybody I knew was playing in the bands :ne_nau:

accadacca
08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Cool, so you ended up going, huh?

I would have, but I was away for the weekend.

I wonder if anybody I knew was playing in the bands :ne_nau:
Yeah it was pretty good. Can you listen to any of the MP3

Sombeech
08-02-2005, 08:09 AM
I didn't end up going to the caves. We did a little 4 wheeling (1 hours worth), then we just went down to the beach.

icthys
08-02-2005, 08:15 AM
then we just went down to the beach.

What beach would that be? Sombeach?

I really couldn't resist. I'll go to my room now.

Sombeech
08-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Yep, some beach. Actually bear lake. I just did a post on it in the 4 wheeling section.

BTW, everybody thinks I got my name from that country song.

Nope, I go way back. I've always been a sombeech

DaveOU812
08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
So who actualy ended up winning the battle of the bands? I tried to listen but got busy and even called but they said they hadn't announced it yet. Did anyone catch the winner?

accadacca
08-04-2005, 11:48 AM
So who actualy ended up winning the battle of the bands? I tried to listen but got busy and even called but they said they hadn't announced it yet. Did anyone catch the winner?
Yeah I heard....

1 Signal - I thought they were pretty good. They had that song "get up" They also were pimpin' their table and swag.

2 Street - I cant remember much? I remeber them being good though.

3 Vernicious Knid - As I said before. This METAL band was amazing and the chick at the helm was off the hook.

These 3 where the best. Could have gone in any order.