PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite movie of all time?

derstuka
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Very, very, tough for me, but Braveheart, and Planes, Trains and Automobiles are two of my favorites. You?

Sombeech
07-25-2005, 03:49 PM
I can watch Office Space over and over again.

I am a huge Matrix fan.

I love Star Wars, even though the newest ones had some gay stuff in them, like Jar Jar Binks.

Lord of the Rings, all 3.

derstuka
07-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Office Space rules! It comes to life at my work place!

Udink
07-25-2005, 03:52 PM
I'd have a hard time deciding on my absolute #1 favorite, but among my top favorites are The Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction, and The Great Escape. Then there are a few that I wouldn't really consider favorites, but for some reason I can watch them over and over again without getting sick of them--The Princess Bride, Groundhog Day, and, of course, Office Space are a few of them. :smile:

live2ride
07-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Hard question..

A river runs through it, Napoleon Dynamite, Platoon :rifle: . Black Hawk Down.

Also a good funny crude movie to see is Wedding Crashers it was so funny I haven't laughed that hard at a movie for a long time. The previews do no justice to the movie but yet don't give away any of the good parts.

Black Mage
07-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Well I can't choose just one, so...

Lord of the Rings: FOTR, TT, and ROTK
Princess Mononoke
Ocean's Eleven
Ice Age
Judge Dred (I am the law!)
Demolition Man

derstuka
07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Hard question..

A river runs through it, Napoleon Dynamite, Platoon :rifle: . Black Hawk Down.

Also a good funny crude movie to see is Wedding Crashers it was so funny I haven't laughed that hard at a movie for a long time. The previews do no justice to the movie but yet don't give away any of the good parts.

BlackHawk Down is awesome, my third fav probably. Intense movie!

derstuka
07-25-2005, 06:09 PM
I'd have a hard time deciding on my absolute #1 favorite, but among my top favorites are The Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction, and The Great Escape. Then there are a few that I wouldn't really consider favorites, but for some reason I can watch them over and over again without getting sick of them--The Princess Bride, Groundhog Day, and, of course, Office Space are a few of them. :smile:

Damn, (besides my brothers) I thought that I was the only one on this earth that thought GroundHog day was hilarious! I love that movie. It's one of those movies that I've seen 20 times, but I still watch it when it comes on TV.

rockgremlin
07-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Tough Call. I'll give you a "best list," then pick the best of the best:

Groundhog Day
The Game
Dumb and Dumber
The Cable Guy
What About Bob?
Tommy Boy
Rear Window
Psycho
Happy Gilmore
Braveheart
Matrix 1 and 2, but not so much 3
Jacob's Ladder
The Shining
Maverick
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
American Beauty
The Usual Suspects
Three Amigos
The Indiana Jones Trilogy
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Out of this list:

Best Action: Lord of the Rings ROTK
Best Comedy: Dumb and Dumber
Best Drama: American Beauty & The Game (a tie)
Best Horror: The Shining

derstuka
07-26-2005, 07:04 AM
Darn it! Now that everybody is listing all of their favorites, I don't think I only have 2, I have about 20.

KillEmAll
07-26-2005, 07:58 AM
My top 5....

Vacation (the first one)
Goonies (I'll always be a goonie)
Royal Tenenbaums (Gene hackman kicks *ss)
Rushmore (Bill Murray steals the show)
Tommy Boy (or any show with Farley, even the dumb ones)

KillEmAll
07-26-2005, 08:01 AM
... Oops, forgot 2. My top 7...

Raiders of the Lost Arc
Indian Jones & the Last Crusade

I would have joined RockGremlin with the trilogy, but that would include the temple of dumb.

Superriffic S*
07-26-2005, 12:09 PM
It took me a while to narrow all the movies I love to this list of ten (10) - here it is... :2thumbs:

Sixteen Candles (1984)
Heathers (1989)
Strictly Ballroom (1992)
Meet me in St. Louis (1944)
My Life as a Dog (1985)
Bringing Up Baby (1938)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Top Hat (1935)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Harispray (1988)

DickHead
07-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Airplane!
I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue![/quote]

derstuka
07-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Airplane rules!

"Surely you must be joking. No, I'm not joking, and PLEASE don't call me Shirley!"

DickHead
07-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Good luck. We're all counting on you.

:roflol:

derstuka
07-26-2005, 02:10 PM
"Tommy, have ever seen a grown man naked?"

"Tommy, Do you like gladiator movies"?

"Have you ever been locked up in a Turkish prison?"

accadacca
07-26-2005, 02:17 PM
I like comedy and many have been mentioned.

Dumb and Dumber
Tommy Boy
Happy Gilmore
What About Bob
The list goes on........

How about........Beavis & Butthead Do America

I am in the process of trying to get a copy of the Time Life 5 DVD set of the boys. It is out of print. I should have bought it a few years ago for $30. :wallbash:

derstuka
07-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Dumb and Dumber & What about Bob are great movies. I have probably seen Dumb and Dumber at least 15-20 times.

theprof
07-27-2005, 08:42 AM
I got a few I can watch over, and over, and over.......

Gladiator
Armegeddon
Kill Bill (1 & 2)

For comedy, lots mentioned I like - but has anybody else seen "Evolution" with David Ducovney (sp?), Orlando Jones, and "Stiffler"? I gotta say, funny, funny stuff and filmed around southern Utah. Office Space is classic, too many funny scenes to mention but I love it when he guts the fish on his TPS reports....

I also have to add "The Collective" to the list, probably the best MTB video out there..... can't get enough of that! :popcorn:

accadacca
07-27-2005, 09:03 AM
I forgot to mention Billy Madison. A classic!!! :nod:

Chris Farley as the bus driver...good stuff. :popcorn:

live2ride
07-27-2005, 07:49 PM
What are your feelings about Napolean Dynamite? I have seen that almost as much as I have seen Dumb and Dumber. I enjoyed the one-liners...

derstuka
07-27-2005, 08:22 PM
What are your feelings about Napolean Dynamite? I have seen that almost as much as I have seen Dumb and Dumber. I enjoyed the one-liners...

I loved it. Thought it was great. Have you ever seen "Sideways?" Not many people have in general. Oh my god, was that movie funny! At least I thought so!

Udink
07-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Have you ever seen "Sideways?" Not many people have in general. Oh my god, was that movie funny! At least I thought so!
I just watched that last night on pay-per-view--it was hilarious! :smile: The two nude scenes--the brief one in the motel room and the other with the guy chasing them--had me bustin' a gut. The most humorous parts were also the things you least expected to see.

derstuka
07-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Have you ever seen "Sideways?" Not many people have in general. Oh my god, was that movie funny! At least I thought so!
I just watched that last night on pay-per-view--it was hilarious! :smile: The two nude scenes--the brief one in the motel room and the other with the guy chasing them--had me bustin' a gut. The most humorous parts were also the things you least expected to see.

The part where he was watchin' those two people screw, then watching the wallet--before he grabbed it--was hilarious as well. It was like a dog watchin' rabbit or something. So funny, and yet, still underrated I think. That movie had me laughing the hardest that I have in a long while.

You're right, the nude scene with him drillin' that chick in the hotel was great. He's like "not now, not now", or something like that.

Wasatch Rebel
07-28-2005, 08:47 PM
I can't pick one favorite either. However, LOTR is up there. I can't limit it to one of the three--they're all one movie, one nine-hour movie to me as none of them can stand alone as a film without the other parts. Here are some other movies I really like:

Field of Dreams
The Princess Bride
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Shenendoah
October Sky

and of course....Shane!

Shane

ChiefAutoParts
07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I'd have to say Saving Private Ryan is my favorite of all time, hands down. Lots of emotions for me in that one.

Some of the other favorites I have are the Big Lebowski (a close second to Saving Private Ryan!), the original Star Wars Triogy, Office Space, Blackhawk Down, Last of the Mohicans, the Patriot, and a few others.

BrainDamage
07-31-2005, 12:08 AM
My top five are
1 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
" We can't stop here. This is bat country. "

2 Big Lebowski
"Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man."

3 Dunb and Dumber
"Hey guys. Big gulps huh. Well, see ya later."

4 Raising Arizona
("If not Arizona, then a land not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable. And all children are happy and beloved. I don't know. Maybe it was Utah."

5 Joe Dirt
" I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard... "

But I could keep going

rockgremlin
07-31-2005, 10:28 AM
3 Dumb and Dumber
"Hey guys. Big gulps huh. Well, see ya later."

:haha: :haha:
One of many, many classic lines in that movie. Here's some others:

"Tic Tac sir?"
"Kick his ass Sea Bass!"
"Samsonite! I was WAY off!"

I could go on and on. I think Dumb and Dumber is one of the funniest comedies of all time. It seems like every single line is a classic line.

Sombeech
08-01-2005, 08:44 AM
"Aspen CO, where the beer flows like wine."

(Talking about finding work)"not unless you want to work 40 HOURS A WEEK!!"

"You'll have to excuse my friend, he's a little slow. The town is THAT way."

rockgremlin
08-01-2005, 09:32 AM
pills are good! pills are good! pills are goooooood!

Gasman! Now How did they know I have gas?!

You know why I like ya Hair? Cause you're a REGULAR guy! (laughing mischeiviously)

accadacca
08-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Jim Carrey: So

Sombeech
08-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Dying last gurgle after taking rat poison-"Son of a B**ch". Later in the Shaggin' Wagon, Harry-"And he blamed me for killing him"

Sombeech
08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Here's a good site for some Napoleon Dynamite sound clips.

http://www.moviewavs.com/Movies/Napoleon_Dynamite.shtml

There's .wav files, or .mp3's

rockgremlin
08-01-2005, 11:02 AM
[quote=accadacca]Jim Carrey: So

accadacca
08-01-2005, 11:06 AM
[quote=rockgremlin][quote=accadacca]Jim Carrey: So

DeViDe
08-01-2005, 06:11 PM
You guys haven't seen a good movie till you watch Hatari.

accadacca
08-02-2005, 01:30 PM
What bout these......

There's is something about mary.

Meet the parents

Meet thre fockers

Other classics with Stiller..........

The circle of trust!!! :lol8:

blarson
08-09-2005, 06:05 PM
a couple really good ones not mention, uhf and sneakers.

DaveOU812
08-10-2005, 09:09 AM
So Big Gulps huh? Well, see ya later.

The ultimate pick up line.

double moo
08-10-2005, 07:47 PM
page three and no one has mentioned the classics.....

Strange Brew
Animal House
Spinal Tap
Holy Grail
Young Frankenstien
Rocky Horror Picture Show
etc...

.......must be a mild generational gap there....

accadacca
08-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah we missed some real classics. :wallbash: What about the blues brothers. That is classic......Were on a mission from God.
My brother bought Spinal Tap on DVD for me this last Christmas. It has a ridiculous amount of extras and two more dead drummers..... :drums: :lol8:

Sombeech
08-11-2005, 07:31 AM
My brother bought Spinal Tap on DVD for me this last Christmas. It has a ridiculous amount of extras and two more dead drummers..... :drums: :lol8:

This one goes to eleven.

double moo
08-11-2005, 05:28 PM
there's a low-budget comedy called "Ready to Rumble" that had some extremely funny scenes.

"I think there's something wrong with your slurpy machine... smell this!"

Sombeech
08-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Yeah, that one was good, too

derstuka
08-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Has anybody seen any good (or bad) movies lately? Anything, home or theater. Any movies you're looking forward to coming out?

40 yr old virgin
Deuce Bigalow
Dukes Of Hazzard
Wedding Crashers, etc., etc....

TreeHugger
08-22-2005, 09:21 AM
1. Apocolypse Now
2. Dead Poets Society
3. Interview with a Vampire

And I love the Matrix movies.

Superriffic S*
08-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Some goodies that I have seen recently...

The Wedding Crashers... FU-UNNY!!!
Mr and Mrs Smith... Surprizingly good.
War of the Worlds... Loved it!

I can't think of any others. If I do, I will add them later. :mrgreen:

derstuka
08-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Some goodies that I have seen recently...

The Wedding Crashers... FU-UNNY!!!
Mr and Mrs Smith... Surprizingly good.
War of the Worlds... Loved it!

I can't think of any others. If I do, I will add them later. :mrgreen:

I only saw Wedding Crashers of those three, and I liked it. I was scared to see Mr & Mrs Smith. Didn't know if it would be good or not.

Have you seen "Sideways" yet? OMG, that movie made me laugh so friggin' hard!

Superriffic S*
08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Seriously, Sideways was one of those intelligent humor kind of movies. I laughed so hard at just how ridiculous and pathetic he was. And, I abolutely LOVED how they ended it... I couldn't imagine them ending it any other way.

:popcorn:

derstuka
08-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Seriously, Sideways was one of those intelligent humor kind of movies. I laughed so hard at just how ridiculous and pathetic he was. And, I abolutely LOVED how they ended it... I couldn't imagine them ending it any other way.

:popcorn:

I love the scene where they go to the waitress' house to get his wallet back. His eyes looked like a rabbit's as they went from the wallet on the dresser to the people screwing in the bed. Then he just went for it. So funny. Or how about when they were gonna meet the girls for drinks and he said "I AM NOT DRINKING MERLOT!!!" freaking out and all.

Superriffic S*
08-22-2005, 09:56 AM
I love the scene where they go to the waitress' house to get his wallet back. His eyes looked like a rabbit's as they went from the wallet on the dresser to the people screwing in the bed. Then he just went for it. So funny. Or how about when they were gonna meet the girls for drinks and he said "I AM NOT DRINKING MERLOT!!!" freaking out and all.

Have you ever seen Private Parts... the Howard Stern movie. Paul Giamatti palys Howard Sterns boss who Howard refers to as "Pig Vomit". If you haven't seen it, it is actually really funny. And Paul Giamatti, I think makes the show... you LOVE to HATE him!

S*

derstuka
08-22-2005, 10:10 AM

Have you ever seen Private Parts... the Howard Stern movie. Paul Giamatti palys Howard Sterns boss who Howard refers to as "Pig Vomit". If you haven't seen it, it is actually really funny. And Paul Giamatti, I think makes the show... you LOVE to HATE him!

S*

I have seen Private Parts, only it was about 7-8 years ago I think. It was a very funny show I remember. Might have to see it again sometime as a refresher.

Oh....thanks for giving me Paul Giamatti's name. I keep forgetting it. I want to call him Steve something for some weird reason.

Superriffic S*
08-22-2005, 10:20 AM
I have seen Private Parts, only it was about 7-8 years ago I think. It was a very funny show I remember. Might have to see it again sometime as a refresher.

Oh....thanks for giving me Paul Giamatti's name. I keep forgetting it. I want to call him Steve something for some weird reason.

I always refer to him as Pig Vomit. That role is what I remember him for so that is the nick name I always have called him. I actually had to go the the IMDB to find out what his actual name was.

Have you ever seen any of Wes Anderson's movies... like Rushmore, Bottlerocket, The Royal Tenenbaums or The Life Aquatic?

All very funny movies... you either love them or hate them...

It's the same with the Coen Brother's movies, like Raising Arizona, Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Intolerable Cruelty, etc. etc... Again, movies that you either love or hate... I really don't think that I have ever met anyone in between. But, I love those movies too. VERY funny!

I forgot about FARGO!!! I abolutely love that movie! If you haven't seen it, then I highly suggest that you do.

derstuka
08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
I always refer to him as Pig Vomit. That role is what I remember him for so that is the nick name I always have called him. I actually had to go the the IMDB to find out what his actual name was.

Have you ever seen any of Wes Anderson's movies... like Rushmore, Bottlerocket, The Royal Tenenbaums or The Life Aquatic?

It's the same with the Coen Brother's movies, like Raising Arizona, Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Intolerable Cruelty, etc. etc... Again, movies that you either love or hate... I really don't think that I have ever met anyone in between. But, I love those movies too. VERY funny!

I forgot about FARGO!!! I abolutely love that movie! If you haven't seen it, then I highly suggest that you do.

Of the movies that you have mentioned above, I have only seen Raising Arizona, and the Hudsucker Proxy....I LOVED that movie. So funny, and many people I know have not seen it.

You ever seen a classic such as "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka?" Slap-stick comedy type movie.

derstuka
08-22-2005, 10:56 AM

Of the movies that you have mentioned above, I have only seen Raising Arizona, Fargo, and the Hudsucker Proxy....I LOVED that movie. So funny, and many people I know have not seen it.

You ever seen a classic such as "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka?" Slap-stick comedy type movie.

Superriffic S*
08-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Of the movies that you have mentioned above, I have only seen Raising Arizona, Fargo, and the Hudsucker Proxy....I LOVED that movie. So funny, and many people I know have not seen it.

No, I haven't ever seen that. Who is in it?

derstuka
08-22-2005, 11:50 AM

No, I haven't ever seen that. Who is in it?

Whoops, I did a double-post there! Oopsy! Some of the Wayans brothers are in it. Keenan Ivory Wayans is the star. It was some years before "In Living Color" if you remember that show. You may not like it, it is one of those dumb funny movies if you know what I mean.

Windwalker
08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
First and foremost:
Quigley Down Under (love that Sharps Rifle)
Shawshank Redemption

And Then For Starters:
Green Mile
Ever After
The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
Hunt for Red October
Shrek
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Anything John Wayne.

The List Can Go On & On & On (need a energizer bunny emoticon)

Superriffic S*
08-22-2005, 12:11 PM
I'll have to check that out. Most of the time I am not into really silly, slap stick comedies... but, for some reason I abolutely love Dumb and Dumber. Go Figure. I will definately check it out.

Some other Coen Brother's movies and O' Brother Where Art Thou? and did I say Barton Fink? Very funny.

You should check out the Wes Anderson movies too. Those are films that I think most people hate because it is really intelligent humor. Rushmore has to be one of my top favorites out there. And Bottlerocket is just silly funny.

Owen Wilson and Bill Murray are in most of Wes Anderson's flicks.

Udink
08-22-2005, 12:44 PM
First and foremost:
Quigley Down Under (love that Sharps Rifle)
Shawshank Redemption

And Then For Starters:
Green Mile
Ever After
The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
Hunt for Red October
Shrek
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Anything John Wayne.

Wow, I forgot to add The Hunt for Red October to my list--that's definitely in my top 5. And speaking of John Wayne, The Cowboys (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0068421/) would also have to be among my very favorites.

accadacca
08-22-2005, 01:44 PM
I need to add a few to my list and I am to lazy to read five pages and see if they have been mentioned. Mike Myers has some classics:

Wayne's World (a classic)

Wayne: Schwing!
Garth: Schwing!
Wayne: Tent pole! She's a babe!
Garth: She's magically babelicious.
Wayne: She tested very high on the strokability scale.

Schwing!
(http://www.moviewavs.com/0068546127/MP3S/Movies/Waynes_World/babe.mp3)

Austin Powers (all)

Austin Powers: How did this get in here? Somebody's pulling a prank on me! Honestly, it's not mine!

It's Not Mine! (http://161.58.5.90/austin/getnhere.wav)

Dr. Evil: You know, I have one simple request...and that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. Now evidently, my cycloptic colleague informs me that that can't be done. Ah, can you please remind me what I pay you people for? Honestly, throw me a bone here...what do we have?

Sharks (http://161.58.5.90/austin/sharks.wav)

What others with Mike Myers?

Udink
08-22-2005, 01:51 PM
So I Married an Axe Murderer! It's one of my favorite Mike Meyers movies. It's still got his brand of humor, but it's a bit more subtle. I still enjoy the Austin Powers and Wayne's World movies though.

derstuka
08-22-2005, 03:19 PM
So I Married an Axe Murderer! It's one of my favorite Mike Meyers movies. It's still got his brand of humor, but it's a bit more subtle. I still enjoy the Austin Powers and Wayne's World movies though.

"So I Married an Axe Murderer" was great. I loved it. Mike Myers playing as a Scottish father was friggin' hilarious! :roflol: How about that pilot falling asleep in the plane?!!!

Superriffic S*
08-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Just watched Sin City the other night again... what a GREAT movie!!! If you haven't seen it you should... It's a royal flush...

Violence
Nudity
Language
Sexual Content

Etc.. etc.. etc...

It is a fantastic film!

derstuka
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I wasn't sure about seeing "Sin City" because I didn't know if I liked that kind of movie; however, after hearing such a spectacular review, I'll have to giv'er a go! Sounds like it has all the ingredients of a great flick! :2thumbs: :popcorn:

Sombeech
08-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Violence
Nudity
Language
Sexual Content

Sounds like my requirements have been met.

Superriffic S*
08-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I wasn't sure about seeing "Sin City" because I didn't know if I liked that kind of movie; however, after hearing such a spectacular review, I'll have to giv'er a go! Sounds like it has all the ingredients of a great flick! :2thumbs: :popcorn:

Aside from the fact that they filmed it entirely in High Definition Video on a green screen and effected all the backgrounds. If you ever followed the Sin City comic books. They made the film look almost identical to the comic books. Just a side note and yet another plug for the movie. :mrgreen:

Lehi
08-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, saving private ryan is one of my favorite movies. Black hawk down, The Longest Day, quigley down under. The patriot is a good one too.(not the one with stephen segal) :nono: Dumb and Dumber :2thumbs: :

I like the part where harry explains to marry that they bred a shitzu with a bulldog and made a bullsh*t. :roflol:

Sombeech
08-26-2005, 09:51 PM
When I watched the Patriot in the theater, I remembered being so emotionally involved in the movie that I yelled "YES!" when Mel's character was hacking the british soldier with his tomohawk, right after they killed his son, and he was setting his other one free.

I practically jumped out of my seat with pure hatred towards those soldiers. I punched the air also.

I was on a date that night.

We broke up.