PDA

View Full Version : Trail Index website

live2ride
07-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Has anyone checked out Singletracks.com ? It is pretty cool you can rate your trails, keep a log of the trails you ride and also is a good place to find out about other rides that you may not have heard of. Has some good resources

accadacca
07-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah I have been to it. As I recall it doesn't have that many Utah trails though? I think you can add them? Anyway cool site and good write ups...... :blahblah:

live2ride
07-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Not to many, I guess that is why we have utahmountainbiking.com for a good index,

Another questions, does anyone actually like these trail type sites due to the fact that it makes your favorite trail crowded from the exposure???

accadacca
07-26-2005, 10:44 AM
True!!! :naughty: We have toyed with the idea of having some trail info here. I have definitely noticed the trails become more crowded after trail sites emerged and the Internet engrossed our culture. Good and bad I guess. Bad because the trails get crowded. But it has been good to see the sport grow. From this exposure more trails have been developed and the cities are spending more time and money on trails for us. I am not sure if it is more crowded then in the good ole days. Because now there are more trails and more riders. Opposed to less trails and less riders. :ne_nau: Just my $.02

Sombeech
07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I think a trail index would be good here.

The trip reports are good, but they can get clustered up with conversation.

Maybe a section that cannot be commented on, with just links to the existing pictures?

This means we are dependent on each of us to get our pictures in here!

accadacca
07-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Maybe a section that cannot be commented on, with just links to the existing pictures?
That is a good idea. We could put a sticky at the top of each forum with links to each TR and pictures.

live2ride
07-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Great Job guys, That will help us navigate the trip reports even easier. Thanks :2thumbs: