PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR -- Wasatch Crest to Mill D

accadacca
07-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Myself, fourtycal and another friend rode the Crest to Mill D last night. Fun ride! However I have not witnessed the bad luck that we had in a while. I saw more flats on this ride then in like 4 years of riding. All pinch flats though, so possibly avoided. Let me explain: We met at the Mill D parking area at 6:00pm, and then shuttled to the top. I was the first to get a flat and I think it was my fault for low pressure. I jumped a rocky section and felt the rim bottom out. I even put a little

Sombeech
07-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Let's see a picture of your knee. :lol8:

Man, all those flats suck.

accadacca
07-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Let's see a picture of your knee. :lol8:
Ok if you must rub it in! Here is the bacon. :bootyshake:

accadacca
08-03-2005, 09:44 AM
We rode this same trail last night. What a BLAST!!! The Mill D section has some really fun fast downhill. What a good time!!! I thought I would just add a few pictures here. My wife called me when we were on top. She was concerned about us with the "thunderstorm take cover" warnings on the TV. Yeah we had seen some good lightning shows on top. Fortunately it was to the north of us. We could also see that the valley was getting pounded. We bombed the downhill and just escaped the storm. It was sprinkling just a bit on the trail. Boy the temps where nice though. As we put the bikes into the truck it began to pour. Lucky! :nod:

Sombeech
08-03-2005, 10:00 AM
That's a sweet picture

http://uutah.com/forum/files/p8020010.jpg

I'm glad you guys go out there and take a beating so I can see these cool shots!

crazy horse
08-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah, that is an awesome picture. Sometimes it is kinda fun to weather a storm outside, its cool just to watch it all come down around you.

Glockguy
08-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow great pics! I plan on getting myself a mtn bike this spring.

I also thought I would share some war wound pics. This is from a nice car that wacked me a few weeks ago on 2100 South in front of Barnes and Noble.

Sombeech
08-03-2005, 11:52 PM
I also thought I would share some war wound pics. This is from a nice car that wacked me a few weeks ago on 2100 South in front of Barnes and Noble.

Did they stop?

accadacca
08-04-2005, 08:13 AM

Did they stop?
WOW!! Yeah, post a new topic and explain how this all went down. :nod:

double moo
08-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Your old man and I were some of the early pioneers of that route for mountainbikes. We're talking 1984-85 range when it was only a hiking trail... 'cause no else one had mountain bikes yet. We went up regularly and had a great time. As the sport progressed the bike and trail clubs found it necessary to put in some time doing trail repairs - their environmental shoulder angels got the better of them! Long story short... while there they took the opportunity to re-arrange the trail to omit some of the technical sections - that sucked. Then a few years later there were the property disputes and much of the Millcreek side got re-arranged - killed some fun stream crossings.

We also rode some of the Mt Olympus trails out of Dog Lake until it was determined that you couldn't have bikes in the wilderness areas. Great trails for a while.