PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR -- Mueller Park -- Bountiful

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 09:21 AM
**This trail is featured on the Video Page (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1469)**

What a great ride! :headbang: I've heard so much about this trail for years, and finally had the chance to hit it after work last night (Tuesday).

Chivato, KillEmAll, MY T PIMP, and myself headed up. We got to the trailhead a little after 6:30. This was the first time for all of us.

The directions were pretty easy. Get off the 2600 S exit in Bountiful. Follow it East, then it turns North on you into Orchard. Turn East again on 1800 S. Follow that all the way up.

We parked right outside the fee area. I was worried about gates closing after dark, but there were none to worry about.

:bootyshake: :bootyshake: One more thing-It's safe to say that all 4 of us were the fattest people on the trail. :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Here's the pics. :popcorn:

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 09:29 AM
More climbing than I've done in a long time, but very worth it. It made for some very wild downhill.

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 09:34 AM

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 09:42 AM

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 09:48 AM

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 09:52 AM
And the last...

accadacca
07-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Wow good times and great pictures. I bet the boyz were cursing me the whole way up. :lol8:

Sign of a new bike--the front reflector is still on.
Yeah tell the homies to lose the gay reflectors. :lol2:

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Wow good times and great pictures. I bet the boyz were cursing me the whole way up. :lol8:

Well, not all of 'em, if you know what I mean.

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 01:41 PM
As we were leaving after the ride, a couple of guys pulled up and were going to ride it totally in the dark! They had halogen head lamps on, and said that's the only way to ride it. There's nobody ever on it, but if there is, they can see the lights coming.

They say you can fly at night, and it's so much cooler in temp.

I told them about the site, hopefully they tell us how it went.

Shan
07-13-2005, 01:58 PM
I love the refections picture!!

It is all buffed out like that? Looks nice.

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 02:03 PM
I love the refections picture!!
Thanks! I'm going to sell this picture on ebay. :mrgreen:
Deep inside, MY T PIMP is a gentle fellow.

KillEmAll
07-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah tell the homies to lose the gay reflectors
My motto is safety first, not looking gay second... I really have my priorities screwed up don't I? I think I'll take 'em off tonight. I guess I should probably take off the horn as well. :oops:

accadacca
07-13-2005, 02:08 PM
So how crowded was it then? Any close calls? Yeah you got to love MY T PIMP's helmet. Street assault team! :lol8: I wish we could train him on a computer.......... :compthrow:

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 02:13 PM
I guess I should probably take off the horn as well.

I actually want one of those clown horns. It's a good warning for downhill. I'll have to get used to riding with one hand though, so I can honk it with the other.

Sombeech
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
So how crowded was it then? Any close calls?

A couple close calls while going up. We actually had it pretty nice. We were slow going up the trail, so everybody passed us. This meant the coast was pretty much clear going down.

Don bit it a couple of times. He almost condemned the whole biking genre at the time. I think he's over it and ready for the next one though.

accadacca
07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
He almost condemned the whole biking genre at the time.
I can only imagine......... :roll_lol: :roll_lol:

accadacca
07-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Nice shirt BTW. :nod:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/img_0188.jpg

Sombeech
07-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Nice shirt BTW. :nod:
Can you believe my mother in law gave this to me for christmas?

The lettering on the shirt is in flames, because I'm riding so fast.

accadacca
07-14-2005, 09:07 AM
:eek7: WOW!!! I would say between the shirt and your last birthday cake. Damn you married GOOOOOOD!!!

Cake: http://uutah.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=29

Sombeech
07-14-2005, 01:51 PM
:eek7: WOW!!! I would say between the shirt and your last birthday cake. Damn you married GOOOOOOD!!!

Sure did, now if they can just let me grow my hair in peace.
:afro: :headbang: :rockon:

live2ride
07-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Did you guys head up to the summit of the trail, I think it is Rudy's flat? If not, the trail is much better up top and makes for an out and back of about 14 miles. I can say that night riding is the best way to go and makes the ride even more enjoyable. If anyone is interested in night riding, I do it quite a bit and would love someone to come along because sometimes it is a little sketchy in the dark!!!!

Sombeech
07-15-2005, 08:26 AM
That sounds like a blast. I'll definetly be doing Mueller's again soon. I loved it.

Sombeech
07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I don't want these topics to become too cluttered, but here's my last addition to this post.

The Google Earth pics and attachment.

Pics? self explanatory. Attachment? Once you have the google earth program, use the attachment to fully navigate the area, and get any angle you want.

Sombeech
08-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Went up again last night, Friday, alone.

This was my second time on the trail. I discovered that it is actually a quick little ride if you only want to get to the Big Rock.

Perfect for after work. I know you guys can make it up there in 30 minutes, but I took my time. I made it up in an hour, and down in 20 minutes. This included about 4 breaks on the way up, and 1 stop on the way down.

This time I gave myself plenty of daylight for going through the trees on the way down.

Yeah, there were quite a few people, but no collisions. No close calls either.