PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR -- Mount Olympus

accadacca
07-09-2005, 01:33 PM
We hiked Mount Olympus this morning. Myself, rockgremlin, kyrell, and rock_ski_cowboy. We all met at the trail head at 7:00am and hit the trail. I was impressed that everyone was one time. :cool2: I was actually the last to get my boots on. We planned for an 8 hour hike, which is what we had heard. It ended up taking us 5 1/2 hours to complete. The trail was fairly crowded but could accommodate many hikers. The temps were perfect for hiking straight up. Which is what this was! :scared: It was actually a little cool in the trees. You MUST get an early start on this trail in the summer. I saw a few people heading up at 12:00 noon and I thought they were nuts. :ne_nau:

There is some scrambling involved to reach the summit and you end up using your hands to climb quite a bit. The views on top are great! We stopped and ate some lunch, took some pictures, etc. We did not stop on the way down and kept a good pace, jogging at times. It was bloody hot in places on the way down. I don't know if I could have made it to the top in the heat of the day? :slobber: Ok enough already time for the pictures.........

accadacca
07-09-2005, 01:36 PM

accadacca
07-09-2005, 01:39 PM

accadacca
07-09-2005, 01:42 PM

accadacca
07-09-2005, 01:43 PM

Sombeech
07-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Cool. I'll have to do that one. Glad to hear you didn't get too hot.