PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Concrete Work

rockgremlin
07-08-2005, 11:35 AM
:help: If anyone wants to help me dig my driveway out, that would be awesome!! :help:

I'm wanting to add on to my existing driveway, and also pour a patio pad. In all it looks like roughly 5 yards.

Any takers? I'll supply the jokes, and food. So far, I'm working solo on this, and it sucks!! We actually bidded out to one place, and they came back with $2400.00!!!!! :eek2: :help:

accadacca
07-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a good job for the scouts on a service project. :lol8: How far along are you? I have been helping my Dad with his new shed/basically guest house.

rockgremlin
07-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Not far at all. Its pretty slow going when you're alone and all you have is a shovel and a dream. :wallbash:

accadacca
07-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Not far at all. Its pretty slow going when you're alone and all you have is a shovel and a dream. :wallbash:
:roll_lol: :roll_lol: :roll_lol:

I could come by on Saturday after the hike and point you in the right direction. Perhaps get you some tools as well. As far as hard labor maybe another day. I wrenched my back wake boarding and have been feeling like an old man all week. I should be good for the hike. I have been asking my 2 year old all week to get things for me that are on the ground. :blahblah: I could come help a few evenings next week. Renting some equipment is probably cheaper than you think. I can run any of it and show you how on some.

rockgremlin
07-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I appreciate all the help I can get. :five:

rockgremlin
08-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Ok, here's the update:

This Saturday I'm renting one of these...
http://www.cat.com/public/18/93/179214/7/1095791209705/f/242%20Skid%20Steer%20Loader.jpg

...and we're gonna dig it all out. I will be needing some assistance with setting forms, and making grade. I'll be starting late morning sometime. Any help would be really appreciated.

Actually, what I really need are those metal stakes you pound into the ground to attach the forms to. Anybody have those I could borrow?

accadacca
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I could come help you. Are they dropping off the bobcat in the morning or what? Night before? What are you doing with the dirt? You don't need the metal stakes. You can buy the wood type in a bundle at HD. Get some long ones, like 2ft. Then enough (straight) 2X4's to form everything. Are you going standard concrete on everything? I could come have a look before hand. Do you have someone that is planning on setting the grades for you already? Running the bobcat? What time do you get home from work?

rockgremlin
08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
If I have a full size truck, I can pick up the bobcat myself, and save myself the $60 delivery fee. If I can't get a full sized truck, they'll drop it off saturday morning sometime.

I don't have anybody setting grades for me, or running the Bobcat (Like who? :ne_nau: ) I was just gonna do it myself, how tough could it be?This is just a standard concrete pad, nothing fancy. No curves, no angles, no stamped concrete, no berms, just two simple rectangles, totalling about 5 yards.

I get home from work at around 4:00 pm.

accadacca
08-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Geeze the F%#@in' web server has been down!!! :frustrated:

Yeah sounds good. I could meet you today for a look. Will you be home at 4:00pm?

rockgremlin
08-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I'll be home at around 4:30. Swing on by and pick up your picture too.