PDA

View Full Version : OOOPPPSSSS

DickHead
07-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Riding the mid-mountain trail yesterday with a large group, and I went to take some photos along a little runoff-creek. I managed to drop my camera in the water....and it took a few minutes to find it. :frustrated:
I'm pretty seriously bummed right now. I'm going to try and fire it up this morning but I don't have any confidence it'll work.

accadacca
07-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah I had a similar oh shi$! I have been using my GPS on my motorcycle for a few years now. Last year I put my car cigarette lighter plug on my motorcycle. I cut the female end off an extension. Then wired that to my battery. I would just plug the cigarette plug into that short extension. Well this year I decided to eliminate the extension plug and cut the cigarette plug, then hard wire it strait to the battery. I don't know what I was thinking because that eliminated the fuse in the line. I could have easily put another one on the line, but didn't. I tested it at home in the garage and everything worked fine. However when I got to bear lake and plugged in the GPS I heard a pop. :frustrated: Well that might have been the final day of my GPS. I have had it for like 5 years. :wedgie: I could smell smoke coming from the battery compartment. I have not taken it apart yet. I can only hope it has an internal fuse or something? I doubt it! :roll: I might just send it in somewhere and see what they say.

I hope your camera works. Sometimes they just need to dry out. Hopefully.......... :doh:

rockgremlin
07-08-2005, 08:50 AM
I've heard numerous success stories that have resulted from situations like yours. Just let it dry out completely (for at least 48 hours), and then give it a go.

rock_ski_cowboy
07-08-2005, 08:52 AM
I know of several people who've dropped cameras in water. They have removed the batteries and set it somewhere where it will dry. Once it was completely dry, they turned it on and it worked just fine.

DickHead
07-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Turns out, its all full of sand and dirt. The mechanisims are shot.
:frustrated:
Wife says I can look at new cameras, and there are some inexpensive ones out there that are smaller and higher megapixel count than my old one...this could work out for the better....
:2thumbs:

accadacca
07-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Wife says I can look at new cameras, and there are some inexpensive ones out there that are smaller and higher megapixel count than my old one...this could work out for the better....
:2thumbs:
Yeah ask Sombeech about what he is buying. He is getting one from Walmart that KillEmAll has been using. He gave it good reviews. As far as the wife thing goes, she doesn't know it yet. He is buying it with some petty cash. :roflol: He'll ease in the news at some point after the purchase. Sometimes that's the only way! :five:

Sombeech
07-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm getting a Canon A510. It looks pretty decent, and KillEmAll loves his. It's been priced at $194 at Wal-Mart, but I just went in today and it's $170. Who knows.

It's 3.2 MP. Actually, here's a review link:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona510/

I'll probably pick it up today. By the way, here's some pictures that KillEmAll took with it, found in the 4 wheeler section:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/uintahs4.jpg

http://uutah.com/forum/files/uintahs2.jpg

DickHead
07-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Guys without helmets=Darwin at work..... :bootyshake:

Sombeech
07-08-2005, 11:21 AM
I've got a helmet of long shaggy hair.

accadacca
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Rednecks without helmets=Darwin at work..... :bootyshake:
Ok fixed. :lol8:

I've got a helmet of long shaggy hair.
Yeah you do. You Ogden boys are all hairy. Is that something to do with Ogden? :lol8:

Sombeech
07-08-2005, 11:32 AM
No, I'm just the role model. Everybody looks up to me. :hail2thechief:

accadacca
07-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah I wish they would follow you on the site! :nod:

Sombeech
07-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah I wish they would follow you on the site! :nod:

They will if they find out I start bad mouthing them on here! They'd have to get on here just to protect their mothers' good names. :twisted:

Shan
07-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Dang you're gettin some air there!

accadacca
07-08-2005, 12:11 PM
You talking about the four wheeler or his butt off the seat. :lol8:

Sombeech
07-08-2005, 12:12 PM
You talking about the four wheeler or his butt off the seat. :lol8:

Either one is quite the accomplishment. :haha:

Yeah, not too bad for a small little Bear Tracker. Not quite the sand dunes though.