PDA

View Full Version : What's your handle mean?

accadacca
07-07-2005, 09:16 AM
What does you handle mean and why did you pick your avatar?

Mine is another name for AC/DC. I switch between different pictures of Angus Young for my avatar. He is the lead guitarist for AC/DC. They are my favorite band if you cant tell. :guitar:

**If you don't have an avatar and want one. Then click on your profile and at the bottom of the screen click show gallery. There is a pull down with five categories. You can pick one there.

rockgremlin
07-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I thought my handle sounded cool, and since I'm an avid rockhouder/amateur geologist I thought it suited me fine.

The Avatar just changes according to what I think is funny/cool at the time.

crazy horse
07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
my handle doesn't really mean much of anything, and right now my avatar is just something my brother found on the internet. I thought it was funny so i just put it on there.

icthys
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
For some reason I was looking for a word or phrase in another language that meant "to fish", I think it was for a tattoo or something. I came across icthys (can also be spelled ichthys) which is the Greek meaning to fish, I liked it, so I use it. Also, the branch of zoology that studies fish is called ichthyology.

I'm a fly fishing nut so this worked for me.

I picked my avatar cause I'm half redneck, plus it's a funny picture.

ChiefAutoParts
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
ChiefAutoParts is the name of a character on a TV program on Spike called MXC. If you have never seen this show, you are truely missing out. In reality, it was with the real events taking place on TVa gameshow from Japan taped in the 90's called Takeshi's Castle with Asians doing crazy and sometimes dangerous "stunts" and obstacle courses... On Spike, the show was renamed MXC and it's been all dubbed over in English and the English has absolutely nothing with the real events taking place. All the characters have been renamed, there's commentators adding their comments and it is absolutely hillarious. ChiefAutoParts is one of the MXC "staffers" that helps the contestants through the courses. The name ChiefAutoParts just seemed to roll off the tongue and it was unique enough that no one else had that name anywhere in use and MXC is one of my favorite shows, so that's how I chose my name.

zilla
07-08-2005, 03:29 PM
My Handle is short for Godzilla

Shan
07-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Cuz I'm Shannon!

I picked that avatar because I like my legs in that one.

accadacca
07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
My Handle is short for Godzilla
SUP zilla! Good to see you over here! Perhaps we can hook up sometime in the Bear Lake area for a ride. I hope you hang around, we need some witty characters like you around. :lol8:

rock_ski_cowboy
07-08-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't know where rock_ski_cowboy came from. Seems like one time I had to sign up for something like this and had no idea what "name" to use so I thought ok... I love rock (climbing, mountaineering, canyoneering, and the music too!), I love to ski (alpine), and somewhere deep down I'm a cowboy since I was raised on a farm and like cows and horses well enough (although its waaaay deep-- more of a heritage thing: 5th generation cowboy or something). I'm not that attached to the name, but its definitely unique and I haven't thought of one I like better.

As for the avatar... I need to change my "helmet boy" pic. It was taken in the Fossil Mtn. Wind/Ice Cave up in Wyoming. We're still trying to get the balls up to do the whole thing... even though we have a 2 page route description and the gear and the skills, there are still enough unknowns about that place that it really freaks me out.

DickHead
07-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Jamis....I've got two Jamis bikes....
Jockey.....because I'm built like a fat jockey....
The avatar? Because I'm a serious PRICK!

:roflol:

live2ride
07-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Live2ride, because that is what I love to do!!! Ride my mountian bike, my avatar is just because I am the great cornholio and need more TP for my bunghole, I like bevis, he kicks ass. :bootyshake:

Sombeech
07-11-2005, 08:03 AM
I play Halo and Halo 2 a lot, and this is what people call me when I get in the tank.

Actually, I'm called Son of a B**ch, but hey, this is a family site. :lol8:

I'll change my avatar every now and then. I always try to choose a "less fat" picture of me doing something in the outdoors.

BrainDamage
07-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I Piked G.G. because that is what the name is on all my pics on the PASS web site. and it is the first and last initial of my name.

Gary G.

fourtycal
07-12-2005, 07:25 AM
My nicname;
Have you ever heard of Geocaching? (geocaching.com) people hide containers of random stuff and post the coordinates on the site(there are many thousands all over the world) you can search and get coordinates to enter into your GPS. fire up the gps and go find the cache, sign the book and trade if you want. When I first did this I noticed some cachers had signature items ie:jeeperdad would leave a toy jeep in every cache. One night while reloading bullets I came up with the idea I would make a 40 caliber keychain for my signature item and change my name. It has followed me to several forums.
The avitar? I just thought it fit me I guess.

derstuka
07-22-2005, 11:12 AM
For those non-war buffs, stuka is abbreviated German, and is short for "Sturzkampfflugzeug," which means "dive-bomber." Put a der in front of it and you have "the dive-bomber!" Kinda of an inside joke with friend and I.

A "stuka" was a kinda a slow venerable plane flying level, but put into a dive it made a horrifying scream and had an almost dead-on accuracy with properly trained pilots. They were the most feared plane by the allied armies.

Is anybody sleeping yet??? :blahblah:

Haben Viel Spa

rockgremlin
07-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Speak on derstuka...history (particularly WW2 history) fascinates me!

derstuka
07-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Speak on derstuka...history (particularly WW2 history) fascinates me!

Well, if you insist: Did you know that some scholars believe that many wars (WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, and not to mention help progress the spread of communism) can be totally to partially linked to the assassination of Austria's Archduke Francis Ferdinand on June 28th 1914 in Sarajevo, the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina?

First of all, Francis Ferdinand was assassinated by 19 year old Serbian Nationalist Gavrilo Princip. Princip was a member of the Black Hand society which was a terrorist organization to fight for Serbia's independence from the Austria-Hungary empire. Ferdinand was chosen because the Serbs believed that he continue and heighten the persecution of Serbs in the Austro-Hungarian empire one he was on the throne. Ferdinand ignored warnings of an assassination plot to kill him. Princip (and two other young men) travelled to Sarajevo to assassinate him. After a failed bomb throwing attempt. The archduke and his wife Sopia was shot by Princip with two bullets. The assassins were given cyanide pills to take afterword, but one man took one and jumped into the river and was captured.

Austria-Hungary responded swiftly to the Serbian government. On July 23, 1914, Austria-Hungary presented Serbia with a list of demands They had 48 hour period in which to comply. These demands included abolishing all Pan-Serb propaganda, expelling from office any persons thought to have nationalist sympathies, taking legal action against certain officials designated by Austria-Hungary, and allowing agents of the Dual Monarchy to control all investigations and proceedings concerning the Sarajevo murders. Minutes before the July 25th deadline, Serbia issued a conciliatory reply to Berchtold's demands, stating that Serbia wished the dispute to be submitted to the International Tribunal at the Hague. This conciliation was rejected. On July 28, 1914, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. World War I had begun.

Whew....that is your lesson for today. Oh, and Gavrilo Princip tried to kill himself with a pistol, but it was knocked out of his hand, and when it tried the cyanide pill he vomited. Because of his age he was spared the death penalty and died of tuberculosis (all three hit men had tuberculosis) at age 23. There is also speculation on if the men were really given cyanide in correct dosage, or at all, so they would be captured, but that is another story...

derstuka
07-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Oh, and Hitler's real name is schicklgruber. He is also an army deserter and all he really wanted to be was an artist, he even called himself an artist until after he was 30. If Hitler had not been twice rejected by the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts, then we might very well be living in a very different world today...

Wasatch Rebel
07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Jim Flint is a character from a Louis L'Amour book. I liked the book and took the name.

That's it.

Shane

rockgremlin
07-22-2005, 03:12 PM
...All of that history stuff he just said...

See? That's what I'm talking about! Fact is definitely stranger and more intriguing than fiction! Makes ya wonder what kind of crazy stuff is happening right now in our own government that we won't know about until 100 years from now when the truth is revealed.

derstuka
07-22-2005, 05:06 PM
...All of that history stuff he just said...

See? That's what I'm talking about! Fact is definitely stranger and more intriguing than fiction! Makes ya wonder what kind of crazy stuff is happening right now in our own government that we won't know about until 100 years from now when the truth is revealed.

True dat brudda! Most history is just really sad. Somebody else screwed over somebody else, and somebody killed everybody else, and somebody lied to somebody else. I wouldn't trust our gov (or most governments) anymore than I would trust Michael Jackson to take care of my children (which I don't have)! 95% of what they do is to lie, lie, lie, waste your money, and then they lie some more! So very depressing it is. All I do is vote for who I can, and go riding, and try and forget about this nutty world.

Black Mage
07-22-2005, 05:45 PM
My name, Black Mage, is originally from the Final Fantasy series of video games.

This is the guy:
http://img.groundspeak.com/user/9084c21a-ae44-4b83-8c47-f03385af153d.jpg

I, However, took the name because Black Mage is my favorite character in the web comic, 8-Bit Theater (http://www.nuklearpower.com). He's a hero of the story, but still manages to burn down the occational orphanage and constantly plots against and attempts the murders of his companions.

As for my avatear right now, I'm using Pants Man, a character from the web comic, VGCats (http://www.vgcats.com)

troutfisher
07-25-2005, 01:13 PM
I picked mine because I like to fish for trout. I also picked the Avatar, cause I like The Simpsons. Any other Simpsons fans out there?
Troutfisher

DickHead
07-26-2005, 06:38 AM
I picked mine because I like to fish for trout. I also picked the Avatar, cause I like The Simpsons. Any other Simpsons fans out there?
Troutfisher
You better believe it. I've seen almost every episode.

troutfisher
07-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Glad I am not the only simpsons fan out there. The new season starts Sept. 11th. Can hardly wait.

theprof
07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Of my friends, I was most able to ride, party, and get up and ride the next day with the least amount of impact, so my buddies said I wasn't just a drunk, but I was "The Professional Drunk". It got shortened to "The Prof" or just "Prof".

DaveOU812
07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
I picked mine cause it's partialy my name. The OU812 I got from Van Halen but I just think it's funny to tell ya the honest truth. The avitar, It's one that everybody has seen and I thought it was funny. It needs to be changed though.

Superriffic S*
07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Lets see, I chose my handle because I am Superriffic at just about EVERYTHING!!! I chose my avatar because Rainbow Brite was my hero when I was but a youth.

S*

DaveOU812
08-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Ok, chaged the avitar. If you've ever seen the movie Ice Age then you probobly love that little rat. I saw him on the preview where he pulled out the acorn and the ice cracked and started shifting...I laughed till I cried.

double moo
08-10-2005, 07:38 PM
My current ride is a B-M-Double Moo...(it's white and black)

eddy1911
08-11-2005, 11:20 AM
I chose my handle because my name is Eddy and my favorite pistol that I own is a Springfield 1911 .45 ACP. It is a sweet pistol to shoot. I don't have an avatar yet because I'm not sure what to use just yet.

Eddy

Windwalker
08-12-2005, 07:29 AM
There was no doubt in my mind what the 1911 meant. After packing one in the military the number is branded into my memories. Do you shoot any others, do targets, kill rocks?? Hopefully you reload?? Any autol eats rounds like a 6'6" 250lbs child at the dinner table.

John

eddy1911
08-12-2005, 08:42 AM
You know, I used to shoot a lot but I've kind of dropped out of the sport for now. I used to reload also, but I haven't done that for a while, too. In fact, I am looking to sell my reloader. It is a Dillon 550B in really good shape.

Eddy

Sombeech
10-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Lets see, I chose my handle because I am Superriffic at just about EVERYTHING!!!

I say we get Superrific back here. :nod: