PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR -- Paris Ice Caves, Little Valley Res., and Preston, ID

accadacca
07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
We took off again on Saturday for another ride. I had never been to the Paris Ice Caves. I also saw a reservoir on the GPS that was above Paris called Little Valley Reservoir. I wanted to check it out for some possible fishing another time. The Ice cave was really cool! Freaking COLD! :cold: However we didn't even get to go into the good part. We didn't have flashlights and you crawl through a hole and it opens up into another cavern. A few people told us that icicles are hanging from the ceiling to the floor. They described it as like the one Superman movie with the ice cave. I will have to go back with my headlamp. Just an excuse to go back that's all. We also found a road that goes to Preston and we took that over the top. Then took another road back over Danish pass and into Fish Haven. Total miles around 100.

accadacca
07-05-2005, 11:06 AM

accadacca
07-05-2005, 11:14 AM

Sombeech
07-05-2005, 12:40 PM
That looks like a blast. I had no idea that cave was up there. I've never seen a sign from the main highway.

There's a lot of cool things to see in that area, like Bloomington Lake, and the Minnetonka Cave.

I wonder what other places are up in that area that I haven't seen yet.

oldandbroken
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Last winter some guy who didn't know the cave was there, entered it from the east side at speed on an RMK 800. We got to watch the life flight helicopter land and haul him back to Pocatello.

Sombeech
07-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Wow, so he took the road, and ran right into the cave wall? :scared:

accadacca
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow, so he took the road, and ran right into the cave wall? :scared:
Well there is a BIG hole in the top. You can climb down the hole and in. Or you can enter from the side of the mountain which takes you to the hole via the wood bridge/walkway. The picture of the snow drift is looking out the hole. He was probably riding down the mountain towards the cave. Then went down into the hole by accident! :ahhh:

oldandbroken
07-08-2005, 02:53 PM
He had actually passed the entrance that has the wooden walk way in it and was headed east, when he turned north, climbed the bank and did a Wiley Coyote into the south facing wall.